Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Conspiracy - Spoiler discussion

Re: Conspiracy - Spoiler discussion

I am amused that both Phage and Stifle are in this set. My dream in draft is to Victimize Phage into play, then Stifle the trigger.

http://mythicspoiler.com/cpy/cards/gamekeeper.html

Possible new combo deck with Griselbrand. Living wish seems pretty good to find Gamekeeper or Phyrexian Tower. Burning wish can find a tutor spell (i.e. gsz) or cabal therapy.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by nudon View Post
    http://mythicspoiler.com/cpy/cards/gamekeeper.html

Possible new combo deck with Griselbrand. Living wish seems pretty good to find Gamekeeper or Phyrexian Tower. Burning wish can find a tutor spell (i.e. gsz) or cabal therapy.
    GSZ=4, flashback Cabal Threapy, Emrakul. Seems good.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Gamekeeper is quite old and was part of various combo decks.. I'm pretty confident that some brews are floating around and I'm pretty sure its just worse than alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Gamekeeper is quite old and was part of various combo decks.. I'm pretty confident that some brews are floating around and I'm pretty sure its just worse than alternatives.
    I hadn't seen the card before but thanks for pointing it out.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    I expect to see many arguments among FNM-tards about using Stifle as a counterspell or what can be stifled.
    FNM nothing. I saw three different "Pros" try to Stifle Flashback at PTLA. Personally. Some more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Hey, Squirrel Nest got spoiled. Earthcraft ho?

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

@Nudon: There's an old thread here for a Gamekeeper deck: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-%28Control%29

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

The problem with Gamekeeper is: Deathrite Shaman or any other graveyard hate.

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

A friend of mine has been brewing a Gamekeeper deck for some time and has been having modest success at our LGS. It's not my impression that DRS is a problem for him at all. He's playing a BG build with a strong removal suite with playsets of Lilianas, Decays, and innocent bloods. He's also running the Living Wish board and Stage/Depths kill as 2ndary win con. What he does have a tremendously hard time beating is Death and Taxes due to 3-4 karakas, swords to plowshares and, to some extent, flickerwisp. I think he can also struggle against fast combo.

I think he's pretty solid against most of the delver decks.

TNN is a dominant force in legacy, but it is hardly unanswerable. Diabolic Edict, Terminus, Volcanic Fallout, Zealous Persecution, and now Council's Judgment are all more than effective. I think some people will over react to any powerful new card. Power creep is inevitable in some form or another, and that's not a bad thing. Sure they could reprint the same cards over and over again, possibly with different names, to appease a handful of people who don't know how to adapt, but the game would quickly become stale and so would the people who continue to play it.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Thor Hammer View Post
    TNN is a dominant force in legacy, but it is hardly unanswerable. Diabolic Edict, Terminus, Volcanic Fallout, Zealous Persecution, and now Council's Judgment are all more than effective. I think some people will over react to any powerful new card. Power creep is inevitable in some form or another, and that's not a bad thing. Sure they could reprint the same cards over and over again, possibly with different names, to appease a handful of people who don't know how to adapt, but the game would quickly become stale and so would the people who continue to play it.
    I don't know what your comment is in reply to, but Volcanic Fallout does not kill TNN.

Dec 2010
    North Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    I don't know what your comment is in reply to, but Volcanic Fallout does not kill TNN.
    It depends if the player casting Fallout is the player TNN is protected from

Thread Information