Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy - Spoiler discussion

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Conspiracy - Spoiler discussion

Spoiler link

Dack Fayden was already discussed in another thread, but now we got some new cards.

Best in multiplayer games, but maybe it could find its way into Legacy, although I doubt that. Could be abusable with untap effects - it's an Elf to boot. At the very least, it combines nicely with Spirit of the Labyrinth when used during your opponent's turn.

Essentially a better Flame Rift for 2 mana. Might be interesting for some kind of R/b Burn deck that also runs Bump in the Night.

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Re: Conspiracy - Spoiler discussion

I think the Elf is too random for Legacy.
    The black card looks interesting, it might be worth trying a Red Death deck again with this, Bump and Blightning.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Why do these cards have a different expansion symbol than those previously spoiled for Conspiracy?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Why do these cards have a different expansion symbol than those previously spoiled for Conspiracy?
    Because said cards are also part of Vintage Masters since Conspiracy isn't released on MTGO.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I like the elf, since you have around 4 on 9 chances somehow to add GG to your mana pool and 4/9 chances to add G to your mana pool when you use it.
    It means that you will probably be more able to use the additionnal cards that will be drawn by that elf.

However, it seems slow and there are better ramp cards around (Llanowar elf being better :) ).
    Don't think it is for legacy (and the colors are awfull also :) ).

THe black card is nice. Is flame rift played widely in Burn??

I wonder if there's a better card to combo with the elf than Mind over Matter.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

The elf and spirit of the labyrinth go well together, doing it on your opponents would mean you don't get to fully utilize the GG unless you have something like Scavenging Ooze or DRS out.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

It might work that way but I'm sure I'll think of it as cute as it's best. It's too big of an engine just so you can draw a single extra card every turn with no penalties.

How does will of the council mechanic works in legacy?!

new cards are spoiled and some look bonkers

May 2011
    Nikaho, 秋田県

Quote Originally Posted by janluis1 View Post

They do what the rules text says. (the voting will usually be tied, though there could be a corner case like on the counter/copy in vintage where you'd rather counter their fow directly and they want you to copy-counter it so they can drain your ersatz fow, but that's still a tie)

Just think of those cards as only being the second mode as far as Legacy is concerned. In Tyrant's Choice, you'll almost never get "death" if you vote for it but you'll always get "torture" if you vote for it. I actually think this is a super interesting way to make a card that works differently in multiplayer and in 1 on 1. Pretty inventive on their part.

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Superior View Post
    Just think of those cards as only being the second mode as far as Legacy is concerned. In Tyrant's Choice, you'll almost never get "death" if you vote for it but you'll always get "torture" if you vote for it. I actually think this is a super interesting way to make a card that works differently in multiplayer and in 1 on 1. Pretty inventive on their part.
    You can only ever get Death if opponent wants it. If you vote Death the card ends up reading "Opponent lose's 4 life unless they sacrifice a creature". It is a shame the caster could not decide which result in a tie, but I guess they though having more model spells would make them too strong.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Damn for a second I thought you essentially chose the mode (due to winning the tie) in a 2 player game. Dicks. I was getting excited to begin buying badlands for Bad Burn
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

still cards looks preatty sick. how do you feel about split-decisionn and plea of power?

http://imgur.com/a/KRwJH

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

still cards looks preatty sick. how do you feel about split-decisionn and plea of power?

http://imgur.com/a/KRwJH
    Slightly better Twincast and a worse Fact or Fiction.

Marchesa, the Black Rose
    Legendary Creature - Human Wizard
    Dethrone (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the highest life total or the player tied for the highest life total, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
    Other creatures you control have Dethrone.
    Whenever a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it die, you may return that card to the battlefield under your control at the beginning of the next end step.
    3/3

LOL Commander.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Exploration reprint in Conspiracy, it's up on the mother ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by bakofried View Post
    Exploration reprint in Conspiracy, it's up on the mother ship.
    Exploration is 45$. Could not be happier to see it get a reprint, even in small numbers :)
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Isn't it on the Reserved List?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

May 2013
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by bakofried View Post
    Isn't it on the Reserved List?
    18 cards from Urza's Saga are currently on the Reserved List.
    Exploration is not among them.

Thread Information