Thread: [Lincoln, RI] Sunday 6/22 DHG June Buncha Duals! Up to 18 Duals Prize + Fetches!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

[Lincoln, RI] Sunday 6/22 DHG June Buncha Duals! Up to 18 Duals Prize + Fetches!

6/22 DHG June Buncha Duals!

101 Higginson Ave #111
    Lincoln, RI 02865
    (401) 312-3407
    DHGRI.com and Facebook.com/DHGRI

Format: Legacy (Competitive REL, Decklists required)
    Reg: Noon - 12:50, 1pm start
    Entry $30

Prizes:

At 50 players:

1st = 4 Underground Sea
    2nd = 2 Volcanic Island
    3rd = 2 Tundra
    4th = 2 Tropical Island

5th - 8th Store Credit Based on attendance

At less than 50 players quantities prized can change

At 60 players:

5th = 2 Scrubland
    6th = 2 Plateau
    7th = 2 Taiga
    8th = 2 Badlands

And at 70 or more players:

9th: Polluted Delta
    10th: Flooded Strand
    11th: Bloodstained Mire
    12th: Wooded Foothills

Top 8 will use the modified play/draw rule. We reserve the right to time top 8.
    Side events all day!

Our last two Buncha Duals were 78 and 80 players, so we expect to hit all the prize benchmarks. Hope you'll join us for June 22nd for our next Buncha Duals! :D

- Dave

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

Re: [Lincoln, RI] Sunday 6/22 DHG June Buncha Duals! Up to 18 Duals Prize + Fetches!

Looking forward to this one. I actually didn't even know until Tim told me at the Starcity. So thank him for spreading the word, but shun him for giving me a gameloss (jk my sleeves were shit. They were new, but totally marked :().
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Re: [Lincoln, RI] Sunday 6/22 DHG June Buncha Duals! Up to 18 Duals Prize + Fetches!

Going to this. Goodluck ladies.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Quote Originally Posted by HammafistRoob View Post
    Looking forward to this one. I actually didn't even know until Tim told me at the Starcity. So thank him for spreading the word, but shun him for giving me a gameloss (jk my sleeves were shit. They were new, but totally marked :().
    I can't do anything about the marked sleeves

But yeah Tim is awesome in general so I'm glad he told you.

This event is a week away!!!

We also have our PTQ tomorrow in S. Attleboro and there will be many dealers with Legacy staples on hand including me

Thanks for the interest see you next Sunday for the Buncha Duals

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

This event is THIS SUNDAY

We had a ton of interest from players regarding the event at the ptq. I had multiple people ask me what happens if i get less than 50 players how/would the base prizes change. If that scenario comes up, it would depend on the exact number that showed. I traditionally don't cut prizes unless I'm really taking a bath on an event. I have taken losses on events before and if I'm just below the base 50 I need to break even, prizes would probably remain the same, but it really depends on the exact turnout. If i get some crazy low turnout like 30 players, the base prizes would certainly change. I expect that not to happen, as these have been very well attended historically and as long as I get that base 50, top 4 will all get duals

Also assuming we don't get 70 or more players, the 9th-12th fetchlands would end up as very sweet side event prizes

Thanks again for the interest and hopefully see you Sunday!

- Dave

Tom MacDonald
    May 2007
    Stoughton, MA

Can't make this one :-(
    Team Hammafist
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    What kind of fucked-up, drug-laden, alternate universe of faerie rape does this guy live in?

loaded the car, gonna try to make a good showing :)

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Had a solid turnout of 57 players. Ended up giving duals to all of top 8 despite being short of 60 player benchmark. The top 8 after swiss was:

1 Josh Cicio (shardless bug)15 points
    2 Brian Knopp (rug delver)15 points
    3 Micah Greenbaum (death and taxes)15 points
    4 John Hogan 14 points (reanimate and tell)
    5 Levi Teitz 14 points (uwr delver)
    6 Bradley Berk (uwr miracles) 14 points
    7 Rodney Hannigan (reanimator) 13 points
    8 Matt Keefer (angel stax) 13 points

Josh lost to Matt
    Brian beat Rodney
    Micah slowly beat Bradley
    Levi defeated John

Top 4 split. Here's the decklists:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...djw/edit?pli=1

This was the first time this year I did a $30 entry and there were alot of GPT Boston's going on simultaneously, so I was happy with the turnout. Judge Tim did a stellar job as always. Lots of new faces, particularly in top 8 which was refreshing.

I always enjoy running these. Will be announcing another Buncha Duals in the near future. Thanks again for your support.

- Dave

Thread Information