Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Khans of Tarkir:

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

Re: Khans of Tarkir:

well, theyll going to reprint all the staples exept reserved listed ones, because of the fakes/holosymbol. maybe theyll even going to obsolet a lot of reserved cards like s-c duals
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Fuck yes, friendly fetches.

Fuck yes, bulleted lists. (Seriously. Makes total sense. Where's my bulleted Cryptic Command now) like really, it's so much more readable on-sight, how could one fret over that? It is strictly better formatting than semicolon delimitation in a block of text. Seriously, I want my bullet point Cryptic Commands now pls. I have a textless one that came in the mail one day and every time I see it I'm like "oh go to hell, you."

Kind of fuck yes, tap symbol in reminder text? I always wished that costs would reflect the way we talk about cards instead of having their own format. Like when you quick-describe Lightning Bolt to someone you say something like "Lightning Bolt, it's an Instant, costs a Red, deal 3 damage to something" or whatever right? Almost always you sum it up as if you were reading the card top-to-bottom, more or less - the timing and cost comes before the effect. I wish they'd do smething like -

Outlast [@Sorcery] - 2W, Tap: put a counter on -this-.

But that's just me being a weirdo, wondering why ability text reinvents the wheel of describing an effect that goes on the stack. They should feel like reading cards, and cards do not put their time-restricting types at the bottom, so why should abilities be different? Meh.

Speaking of Outlast, hmmmm :/ I expected something more I guess, from the wedge of endurance. I had unfounded high hopes for that particular wedge. The Wrath looks kinda fun though, even though that fucker costs . I like WoGs where I get to be like, "oh weird, I still have a creature. Don't you have any creatures? No?!? Hey wha happun??"

I remain fairly little-kid excited for the set. Fetches are prety clutch though. Bitching about borders is a non-starter, it's a legal Magic card. Suck it up buttercups :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

New Sarkhan is actually pretty sicc. Honestly, it could rival Koth for best red planeswalker. Makes up for Sarkhan the bads of previous years.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Not a huge fan of the flavor text on the new fetches...

"Where dragons once blah, their bones now meh"
    I guess that makes them relevant to the block, but it feels very forced.

Yet another reason to play German Onslaught ones.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    New Sarkhan is actually pretty sicc. Honestly, it could rival Koth for best red planeswalker. Makes up for Sarkhan the bads of previous years.
    Yeah that too, he looks pretty legit. His emblem is wonky, Ensnaring Bridge much? But very Red though, can't get mad.

the EV on cracking khans packs is starting to look pretty good. Might have to make an exception to the code and open boosters, something i haven't done since zendikar

Fetches were the barrier preventing me from getting into legacy. There were budget replacements for everything else. Thanks wizards!

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Speaking of Outlast, hmmmm :/ I expected something more I guess, from the wedge of endurance. I had unfounded high hopes for that particular wedge.
    Well, at least it's not a lifegain mechanic.

My excitement for this set has mostly evaporated for the same reason my excitement for Theros mostly evaporated very early in preview season: all the mechanics are dull. I am about as ambivalent on Outlast as I could possibly be for a mechanic, I don't like Delve, Raid is whatever and will probably be on 90% Limited filler cards anyway, Prowess is lame for how similar it is to the casual happy fun times of Kiln Fiend, and who cares what Temur does since it'll probably be some sort of "four power matters/large creatures matter" thing. The fetches are cool and I like the charm, even if bullet points make me want to gouge my eyes out with a baseball bat. The new commander is better at Voltron than Ruhan, but I was hoping for a good control commander to replace Zedruu and she ain't it.

Hopefully this set has some interesting cards.

EDIT: Oh, the RUG mechanic is Ferocious, which triggers on attacking creatures if you have a guy with four or more power. *yawn*

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Tormod View Post
    I have my onslaught fetches and this reprint pleases me greatly.
    It's a step forward towards abolishing the reserve list. I mean if you're willing to reprint $100 worth cards, what else do you think they will reprint? It all depends on how this will be received.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

The RL ain't coming down. Reprinting a set of lands that needed to be put into modern anyway =/= abolishing the RL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Not a huge fan of the flavor text on the new fetches...

"Where dragons once blah, their bones now meh"
    I guess that makes them relevant to the block, but it feels very forced.
    I just noticed the flavor text...

I think although the new art is not that bad imo, playing these fetches with new flavor text in legacy seems awkward to me...
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Yeah, I think reprinting Force of Will or Wasteland would be a clearer indication that they're entertaining relaxing the reprint policies. None of these cards (Onslaught Fetches, Force, Wasteland) are on the list, but Force and Waste aren't half of an otherwise Modern-legal cycle, they're clearly Legacy/Vintage staples, and they both high value cards that Wizards considers "too good" for non-Legacy, non-Vintage play. Until I see otherwise, I think these reprints are helpful for Legacy and Vintage, but aimed at Modern.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I was *almost* right about dat one-off Exalted Angel reprint

Okay I'm lying, I wasn't even close because I assumed foolishly that it'd be mono-white and it is not but at least it is common

Oh who am I kidding

Balls

EDIT: What is this, a leeched image for ants

Azban Guide

Creature - Human Warrior

Lifelink

Morph
    4/4

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Sorcery speed for Outlast probably kills it for Legacy; design wise though I like moving away from everything being instant. It means players have to do stuff on there own turn rather than during opponents end step.
    Between Delver and Young Pyromancer Prowess is going to have to be on some super aggressive creature to make the cut.
    Tombstalker shows that Delver is a playable mechanic so this is clan I think is most likely to produce a card or two for Legacy.
    We know the trigger condition and a 4/5 Tarmogofy can activate Raid and Ferocious. None of the example so far look great but since each card is a different effect you can not really write them off until all the cards are know.

As for the Fetch Lands I am sorry for people who have lost out buying them recently but they are much needed cards to get players into Legacy and Modern. I will certainly be getting rid of the played condition cards I already have and picking up cheaper holo-fetch cards to replace them. Fortuanlty my blue ones are all NM so I will keep them.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    EDIT: What is this, a leeched image for ants
    You linked the thumbnail version :p

But yeah anyway that card sucks, though its probably decent for draft at common.

Am I the only one that thinks the bulleted-list modal spells look like someone's resume in MS Word? Kind of kills the fantasy feel for me.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the bulleted-list modal spells look like someone's resume in MS Word? Kind of kills the fantasy feel for me.
    It actually reminds me of Yugioh card texts. Though I like the template because not everyone I play with is a competent reader. Lorwyn Commands are really good at confusing incompetent readers.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Apr 2011
    Germany

I don't like Morph.

Ferocious and Raid seem pretty lame so far, it will probably depend if there will be cards with strong effects and reasonable cost.
    Nice to see where Future Sight got Delve from. But Delve is problematic as said earlier, and it stinks that every Delve card is overcosted.
    Outlast seems sweet on first sight but Sorcery speed limits it immensely.
    I'm not sure about Prowess so far.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

People really think it's the sorcery speed that kills Outlast? The tap thing is way worse since it limits it to one activation per untap AND you can only use it the turn after you played it.

Outlast is horrible.

Thread Information