Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Khans of Tarkir:

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Re: Khans of Tarkir:

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I didn't realize Dragon Speed involved putting teeny tokens into play and sacrificing the enchantment to give +butt instead of +fist :/
    The tokens show up already attacking...that's like Haste but even faster!

+0/3 because why would you ever want to sacrifice such a sweet-ass enchantment in the first place? It should really do like 80 damage to you instead.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    The tokens show up already attacking...that's like Haste but even faster!

+0/3 because why would you ever want to sacrifice such a sweet-ass enchantment in the first place? It should really do like 80 damage to you instead.
    All the Ascendancy enchantments are templated as:

First Ability: Faction-related bonus for your creatures
    Second Ability: Ability that helps compensate for the faction's weakness

Mardu Ascendancy fits this model since it rewards you for attacking (first ability) and helps you avoid being blown about by good blocks or cheap, damage-based sweepers (second ability). Abzan Ascendancy turns on its faction's +1/+1 counters matter cards (first ability) and lets you weather early aggression without losing all your outlast guys before they can get big (second ability). Temur Ascendancy lets your big guys and aggressive medium-sized guys get into the fray faster (first ability) and helps you find more big guys so that you don't get shut down by removal for your big 4+ power enablers (second ability).

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I think they wrote an official apology after some idiots stirred up shit. Social Justice Warriors (SJW) are some of the worst and most stupid scum the internet brought forth recently. Let's just hope that fad goes over quickly.

Good thing is that Magic is rarely of interest for them. Otherwise, we would soon read some article about how Ferocious is a new rape mechanic by the Patriarchy to further suppress the women in Magic.

Back on topic:

Might be a stretch, but Zombardment maybe? They splash green for DRS and AD anyway.
    Hilarious with Spirit Bonds in Standard - it could also make for an interesting Zombardment variant where instead of using Goblin Bombardment, you use something like Viscera Seer which now reads " : Scry 1. Put 2 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield."

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Current opinion on Khans of Tarkir:
    A lot of really bad cards, with few good... And yes, since we have weird color combinations we had to pack old fetchlands, not mentioning the money grab...

Anyway... I have found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO9lReN7HzI

Its mongolian folk metal. I will torture with it anyone who will mention this expansion (maybe whole block) to me in a manner that "it was good set". :D

Edit:
    As I am primarily playing monocolored decks, I wont find here much for me, anyways, but even monocolor cards look weird to me.
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

Apr 2014
    Colorado Springs

Well, here is the reason why its a good set. Reprint of Polluted Delta, finally able to buy a playset of Onslaught for a reasonable price, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2

Tenger Calavry - didn't know them, I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jo11ygrnreefer View Post
    Well, here is the reason why its a good set. Reprint of Polluted Delta, finally able to buy a playset of Onslaught for a reasonable price, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2
    I won't count on that, depends on what is reasonable of course...

Oct 2011
    Down in a dark, cold basement.

We can all agree that the theme of third set in the block will be "Creatures that cost colored but are not colored because Ugin"
    -Magic: the Gathering L1 Judge-

Cabal Therapist
    Oct 2010
    Colchester, VT

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg View Post

We can all agree that the theme of third set in the block will be "Creatures that cost colored but are not colored because Ugin"
    It's possible, but I think it is more likely just worded that way to interact with morphed cards. Its a really bad card too. Even with morph cards its just a slightly better bonespliter.

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dreg View Post
    You could have something there; the quote on ghost fire is "Only those gifted with the eye of Ugin, the spirit dragon, can see his fiery breath.".
    Perhaps we will get a kill spell that can kill Emrakul? (not that I would expect it to be Legacy playable)
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

Quote Originally Posted by lyracian View Post
    You could have something there; the quote on ghost fire is "Only those gifted with the eye of Ugin, the spirit dragon, can see his fiery breath.".
    Perhaps we will get a kill spell that can kill Emrakul? (not that I would expect it to be Legacy playable)
    "Tentacles to Plowshares" would be a good name for such a spell...

Oct 2011

Quote Originally Posted by CorwinB View Post
    "Tentacles to Plowshares" would be a good name for such a spell...
    Following the trend, it will probably cost 1 more than it should to be usable

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

1cc - Instant
    Destroy all colorless creatures.

This would also solve Vintage's problem with MUD ;D
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Clearly the chase rare of the new set is going to be this bruiser - ANKLE SHANKER

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloshthedark View Post
    I won't count on that, depends on what is reasonable of course...
    SCG has them for pre-order at $25. I'd say that is reasonable for fetches at the moment. Other places will probably have the on pre-order for closer to $20.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Should have been called "Ankle Biter" so all us Aussie's could have a laugh.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

I am going to be VERY disappointed if they don't print a "City Wall" card.

Sooooooo sad.

Sep 2011

I'm still waiting for them to print another Kobold.

Something like this

Kobold of Khan Keep - 0
    Creature - Kobold
    This card is red.
    Morph 4
    0/1

Power creep!

Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Clearly the chase rare of the new set is going to be this bruiser - ANKLE SHANKER

Hmm... Goblin Lackey likes?

First Strike + Deathtouch seems pretty amazing with Mogg War Marshal, Goblin Matron, Piledriver and friends.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I think Ankle Shanker fucking sucks y'all.

I don't know why any Goblin deck would want to gain advantage via first strike and deathtouch in the first place - if you're vying for board position, don't you actually just want removal? If it's the difference between swinging for the win or not, the only thing you're doing is forcing a bunch of blocks.

Plus there are two too many colors on that guy. I know Goblins has had limited success in splashing for colors lately and that Cavern of Souls is a real thing, but going three-color seems nuts to me. There aren't that many Goblin-relevant tricks in those colors, and we all know what happens to Goblins when the synergy between Matron, Lackey, and Ringleader is undermined by putting non-Goblin junk in the deck. So unless there is a huge influx of Goblins that do stuff in this block (which would be weird considering their big hubbub around bringings Orcs back) I would personally want to see more compelling reasons to add to Gobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Oct 2011

But.. But...

You can swing with the Biter and blow stuff up with Siege Gang Commander like it's fucking Christmas.

Now i'll crawl back into my basement.

Thread Information