Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Khans of Tarkir:

Re: Khans of Tarkir:

I can already see myself flipping out when someone calls junk "abzan". Abzan Stoneblade... gonna go break something.

Quote Originally Posted by force_of_phil View Post
    I can already see myself flipping out when someone calls junk "abzan". Abzan Stoneblade... gonna go break something.
    ...Is it really wrong when I want to call it 'Banza Stoneblade'?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    ...Is it really wrong when I want to call it 'Banza Stoneblade'?
    Banza Stoneblade is quite funny actually.

Or just call it Azban Stoneblade. Sounds more like something pilotted by Sacha Baron Cohen.

edit: Banza POD! Nic Fit going Extravaganza!!
    Last edited by Bobmans; 09-02-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Anafenza the Foremost
    Legendary Creature - Human Soldier

Whenever Anafenza the Foremost attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on another target tapped creature you control.

If a creature card would be put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
    4/4
    Thoughts? Her second ability would hose Dredge pretty well (if she wasn't so slow with her 3 mana cost in that regard), but her first ability is pretty meh and a vanilla 4/4 doesn't really seem to cut it for Legacy, either.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

She's too slow to consistently stop Dredge :). Grafdigger's Cage/Tormod's Crypt etc. FTW.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Thoughts? Her second ability would hose Dredge pretty well (if she wasn't so slow with her 3 mana cost in that regard), but her first ability is pretty meh and a vanilla 4/4 doesn't really seem to cut it for Legacy, either.
    I like how it can boost Deathrite Shaman.

Delve!
    "I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. I do not think they will sing to me." -T.S. Eliot

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer Click here to comment

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Ugin's Nexus +
    Howl of the Horde +
    Shrapnel Blast =

15 damage, one extra turn

Nice Emrakul, fucko!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Nice to see fetches reprinted, but man the art is beyond horrible. Just bad taste (almost all of the current art in mtg actually).
    I'm just getting into Legacy and I bought a playset of Flooded Strands on Sunday morning, only to get home and see the spoler. Initially I was furious with myself, but after seeing how dreadful the art on the new one is, I felt a lot better about continued demand for the onslaught versions.

Win or lose, it begins with...
    Mar 2007
    Milwaukee, WI

May not make the Legacy cut, but she'll be a house in Modern. Melira Pod, Living End, and even Gifts will have a tough, tough time beating this thing. And that fact that she is a mini-Gavony Township will break Pod mirrors wide open; probably even moreso than Linvala currently does.
    Discussing the impact of True-Name Nemesis on Legacy:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Rach View Post
    And format warping itself isn't necessarily a bad thing for that matter.

See the Unwritten
    Sorcery
    Reveal the top eight cards of your library. You may put a creature card among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest into your graveyard.
    Ferocious - If you control a creature with power 4 or greater, you may put two creature cards onto the battlefield instead of one.

Could be something weird in Modern, like Tooth and Nail used to be in Extended.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Could be something weird in Modern, like Tooth and Nail used to be in Extended.
    Not really. I mean, if you have a creature with power four or greater on the board, you're probably already in a great spot and could better use your six mana elsewhere. And if you don't, then it's a slower version of Summoning Trap which has been around for like five years.

[QUOTE=pnutbutr;831694]I'm just getting into Legacy and I bought a playset of Flooded Strands on Sunday morning, only to get home and see the spoler. Initially I was furious with myself, but after seeing how dreadful the art on the new one is, I felt a lot better about continued demand for the onslaught versions.[/QU

I know! I am very excited for the reprints, but I dislike the art on all of them except for Wooded Foothills. On MTGO, I do not care. I will buy the new-age strands and everyone can make fun of me for having the garbage ones. In paper... I really want to just buy the Onsl. version.

Only downside of getting the strands before the spoiler is that they dropped about $20 once it was announced. I would guess they go down another $5 before the settle.

Oh well, I am sure you aren't the first (or last) to have this happen to them.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Utter End

Instant

Exile target nonland permanent.

----

It's probably somewhat stronger than Unexpectedly Absent (if that's getting played?) but I wonder how much good it'll do in this format. Still, I like it for being Instant and relatively unlimited in scope - if I wanted to hit a land I'd play Wasteland anyway, meh meh meh

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Utter End

Instant

Exile target nonland permanent.

----

It's probably somewhat stronger than Unexpectedly Absent (if that's getting played?) but I wonder how much good it'll do in this format. Still, I like it for being Instant and relatively unlimited in scope - if I wanted to hit a land I'd play Wasteland anyway, meh meh meh
    I dunno. Council's Judgement is pretty hot due to all the side benefits of targeting without targeting. Sorcery, yeah. But what are we talking about here? A new deck archetype or sprucing up Rock-Junk-Ale? Those decks tend to tap out on their own turn. I don't want to go spending four on a single permanent unless that permanent is Emrakul or Counterbalance or something that owns the game.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Why does it have to be nonland at 4 mana? I also dislike how they recycled Vindicate - the trend of reprinting old, popular cards at a higher mana costs with minimal extra benefits continues.

As far as Legacy in concerned, CJ shits all over it. Instant speed is nice, but can't outweight all the extra benefits CJ has.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I forgot about Council's Judgment. ^__________^;;;;

Why does it have to be nonland at 4 mana? I also dislike how they recycled Vindicate - the trend of reprinting old, popular cards at a higher mana costs with minimal extra benefits continues.

As far as Legacy in concerned, CJ shits all over it. Instant speed is nice, but can't outweight all the extra benefits CJ has.
    Funnily enough,t here's onyl two cards CJ hits that Utter End doesn't. Unfortunately, those two cards are TNN and Emrakul. This is arguably much better in Modern and Standard as hard spot removal.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Ugin's Nexus +
    Howl of the Horde +
    Shrapnel Blast =

15 damage, one extra turn

Nice Emrakul, fucko!
    I only follow plot details to the extent that it helps speculate what characters may get cards...
    So Ugin is like the counter to the Eldrazi, I guess.

Is Ugin's Nexus Wizard's attempt to 'answer' Emrakul? It is terribly narrow and unplayable in Legacy. But it stops extra turns (Emrakul's cast trigger) and it gives you an extra turn when it hits the yard (is annihilated).

Thread Information