Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] RUG Lands

Quote Originally Posted by blubberpompnao View Post

Thanks for the reply. A few more questions about what you said though. What would you cut for Glacial Chasm? Maybe that Sylvan Library I dislike? Ehh ehh? Or if not what else? What should replace the Library if I don't like it.

Also, what do you mean it breaks out of locks easier (rg I mean).
    The thing is, the list you chose to start with is based off a highly personalized list. He has figured out exactly how he likes his deck and what he wants his gameplan to be, based on lots of games (thus the more unique card choices). If i were you, start with a more fundamental list. Get to know it, then start personalizing. So technically, you could cut anything for chasm, but i would start with a list like this:

3 fetch
    3 trop
    1 taiga
    1 forest
    1 bayou
    3 grove
    4 waste
    4 port
    1 ghost quarter
    1 tabernacle
    1 chasm
    3 maze
    1 academy ruins
    1 karakas
    1 bog
    2 twest
    2 depths
    2 stage

4 exploration
    3 crop rotation
    3 intuition
    3 ee
    3 pfire
    4 mox
    4 loam
    1 zuran orb

This is about as basic as the deck gets. Start here, learn how to create the locks, which lands to prioritize in which matchups, etc. A big thing to get a handle on is when to and when not to dredge. There are times when you have a handful of lands, and digging for busines means needing to draw a tutor or exploration effect. Stuff like that

As snorlax said, rg lands is cold to ensnaring bridge game 1. That coupled with creature decks flooding the board around pfire (merfolk, elves, sometimes dnt) can give a rg lands deck fits. If the opponent is prepared to deal with the token (more people nowadays are) then rg lands is stuck firing everything. Ee COMPLETELY wins matchups like that by itself, which is why i am so fond of this lands build (that, and i get to play a sweet 5 color monstrosity)

Re: [Deck] Lands

//SPELLS
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Exploration
    3 Punishing Fire
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Intuition
    4 Life from the Loam
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Chalice of the Void

//LANDS
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Karakas
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Rishadan Port
    1 Savannah
    2 Taiga
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Thespian's Stage
    2 Tolaria West
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

//SIDEBOARD
    3 Choke
    4 Krosan Grip
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Zuran Orb
    1 Smokestack

This is the RUG version I play for a while, and it goes pretty well.
    Sometimes, it happens to draw one or two "dead cards" because of Chalice, but really, it dosent happens that much.
    1. I dont have Chalice and Crop Rotation / Exploration turn 1 every games
    2. If I can play Chalice turn 1 or 2, it's ok to have 6 dead cards in the deck... (it's often far less than my opponent..)

With 4 Stage and 2 Depth, the combo is much more reliable. To make room for these 3 cards (I was already playing 2 Stage and 1 Depths), I cutted Glacial Chasm, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Ghost Quarter.
    • Chasm and Urborg : with less Crop Rotation and a possible nobo with Chalice, Chasm and Bojuka lose lot of they power
    • Ghost Quarter : We are already good armed against opponent lands, and to help there is 3 Choke and a Smokestack in the sideboard

Only 1 Engineered Explosive :
    To be honest, this is the only point I dont like. I really want to push the count up to 3, but I cant (yet) accept to cut more Crop Rotation nor Exploration :/ May be later, when I will be playing with more confidence.

All in all, this is also a good 75. I will bring it in my next tournament (arround +60 people) and see how I (it) perform with it (me).
    Last edited by kravkenov; 08-14-2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: I was talking about Urborg, not Bojuka ;)

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by movingtonewao View Post
    Great run there. A couple questions here:

1) Could you share how you sideboarded in each of the matchups?

2) How would you compare this deck to regular combo lands in terms of matchups (+/- %s)
    Miracles: Should have boarded differently for my last match, but didn't realize his exact strategy and I took out too many fires. Still adjusting to mentor meta.
    -3 Intuition
    -2 Pfire
    -2 Loam
    -3 Maze
    -1 Tabernacle
    -1 Bog
    +4 Grip
    +2 Choke
    +3 Thalia
    +1 Teeg
    +1 Mage

Jund: I'm geared to smash it anyway. Cast Intuition safely behind chalice.
    -1 Intuition
    -1 Bog
    +2 Krosan Grip(for library and needle on your EE)

Merfolk: Look out for b2b and get a mox or forest out.
    -3 Intuition
    -4 Chalice
    -1 Crucible
    -1 Loam
    -1 Bog
    +4 Krosan Grip
    +2 Choke
    +3 Thalia
    +1 Mage

RG Lands
    -3 Maze
    -3 Pfire
    -1 EE
    +2 Krosan Grip
    +3 Thalia
    +2 Mage

BURG Delver: DRS had me keep revokers in
    -3 Intuition
    -1 Bog
    +1 Trinisphere
    +3 Thalia

Missed day 2 of past open off a punt vs elves and ended up 5-4 Saturday. Beat 2 Omni, Faieries, Reanimator, Shardless BUG, while losing to Omni, infect(mull to 4 g3...), MUD(just a prison game), and elves. Previous week went 3-1-2 with both draws coming from being rusty and attacking with locked down board(been off for 6months :/), but got a Taiga and Savannah from going 14th. On Sunday legacy events I went 7-0 vs belcher, 4c delver, Lam Phan and his UR control deck form GP NJ t8, hightide, Aggro Loam, and 2 ANT. Currently 30-10-3.

% wise I'm not sure where to gauge it. Physical dexterity and familiarity with the list has helped as the reps have set in, but I'm not sure where the ceiling is for the deck % wise as I keep improving at land sequencing post board. I haven't done more than a play test game with RG and wasn't interested in the deck afterwards. If people keep doing broken shit then I'm going to be on this. I miss playing with my Korean explorations, though.
    Last edited by snorlaxcom; 08-19-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: current record

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    Miracles: Should have boarded differently for my last match, but didn't realize his exact strategy and I took out too many fires. Still adjusting to mentor meta.
    -3 Intuition
    -2 Pfire
    -2 Loam
    -3 Maze
    -1 Tabernacle
    -1 Bog
    +4 Grip
    +2 Choke
    +3 Thalia
    +1 Teeg
    +1 Mage

Jund: I'm geared to smash it anyway. Cast Intuition safely behind chalice.
    -1 Intuition
    -1 Bog
    +2 Krosan Grip(for library and needle on your EE)

Merfolk: Look out for b2b and get a mox or forest out.
    -3 Intuition
    -4 Chalice
    -1 Crucible
    -1 Loam
    -1 Bog
    +4 Krosan Grip
    +2 Choke
    +3 Thalia
    +1 Mage

RG Lands
    -3 Maze
    -3 Pfire
    -1 EE
    +2 Krosan Grip
    +3 Thalia
    +2 Mage

BURG Delver: DRS had me keep revokers in
    -3 Intuition
    -1 Bog
    +1 Trinisphere
    +3 Thalia

Missed day 2 of past open off a punt vs elves and ended up 5-4 Saturday. Beat 2 Omni, Faieries, Reanimator, Shardless BUG, while losing to Omni, infect(mull to 4 g3...), MUD(just a prison game), and elves. Previous week went 3-1-2 with both draws coming from being rusty and attacking with locked down board(been off for 6months :/), but got a Taiga and Savannah from going 14th. On Sunday legacy events I went 7-0 vs belcher, 4c delver, Lam Phan and his UR control deck form GP NJ t8, hightide, Aggro Loam, and 2 ANT. Currently 20-7-2

% wise I'm not sure where to gauge it. Physical dexterity and familiarity with the list has helped as the reps have set in, but I'm not sure where the ceiling is for the deck % wise as I keep improving at land sequencing post board. I haven't done more than a play test game with RG and wasn't interested in the deck afterwards. If people keep doing broken shit then I'm going to be on this. I miss playing with my Korean explorations, though.
    -
    Were you the RUGb lands player that I was joking around with at the start of the event about playing "real" lands?

As someone new to this deck is the general sideboard plan to board out intuitions in matchups where your opponent will run counter magic?

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    -
    Were you the RUGb lands player that I was joking around with at the start of the event about playing "real" lands?

As someone new to this deck is the general sideboard plan to board out intuitions in matchups where your opponent will run counter magic?
    That was probably me.

Roughly, yes. In blue tempo matches they come out because the time spent setting up will be better dealt with from your opp, especially on the draw, and I prefer business spells in the slot because my other cards serve as intended. I would keep one(max) on the play. Vs delver I sometimes don't need to cast it. They are fine as tutors vs combo.

RG Lands
    -3 Maze
    -3 Pfire
    -1 EE
    +2 Krosan Grip
    +3 Thalia
    +2 Mage
    Against RG Lands, why do you board out Maze ?
    I would board out Tabernacle, Bojuka Bog (or a Grove if you dont play Bojuka) and Academy Ruins instead... no ?

Quote Originally Posted by markkugel View Post
    I would board out Tabernacle, Bojuka Bog (or a Grove if you dont play Bojuka) and Academy Ruins instead... no ?
    Maze does almost nothing against the infinite wasteland deck. Once marit hits, you need to find karakas. The easiest way is to fight the wasteland/port/gq war and keep them off of any relevant card. I usually attack g mana sources, since they are more easily wasted off colors than we are.

I personally would cut 1x tab 2x maze to hedge, but never......ever.......cut bog. A big part of the matchup is who bogs the other faster. Ruins is fine for cycling hate like chalice (hurts them more than you) and ee so it has uses

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

It is only useful when they combo and if they aren't that much of a n00b they will have some form of mana manipulation. This is a race for board control and not making a token since we are both well equipped to answer it.

Why would you board out bog again? Academy I could never see boarding out in any matchup. Grove is a possibility if you cut all pfires, but I like maxing out my green sources.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

It is only useful when they combo and if they aren't that much of a n00b they will have some form of mana manipulation. This is a race for board control and not making a token since we are both well equipped to answer it.

Why would you board out bog again? Academy I could never see boarding out in any matchup. Grove is a possibility if you cut all pfires, but I like maxing out my green sources.

Arguably against some combo academy is too slow and your hate is good enough. But yeah, dont take it out here and CERTAINLY dont take out bog, its one of the key cards in the matchup.
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Yes, I didnt think enough about Bojuka Bog. It is clear I have to keep it in.
    Academy is a bit slow against RG Lands, but as is Tolaria... I didnt playtest a lot against RG Lands, and my opponent were not a very well experienced player with it, so his game play was to make the Marit Lage asap. This is why I didnt understand why to move Maze out.

Yes, I didnt think enough about Bojuka Bog. It is clear I have to keep it in.
    Academy is a bit slow against RG Lands, but as is Tolaria... I didnt playtest a lot against RG Lands, and my opponent were not a very well experienced player with it, so his game play was to make the Marit Lage asap. This is why I didnt understand why to move Maze out.
    The combo is too easily disrupted between port, gq, wasteland and loam. The game usually is decided by who waste locks the other faster.

Norin-kin
    Aug 2015
    Portland, Oregon

Anyone play at Eternal Weekend? It's super discouraging seeing only RG Lands show results from what I've seen. I get that their are more people playing it and all but there has got to be a reason more people are playing it, right?

I've really enjoyed playtesting and practicing with the deck and I have way more fun playing the RUGx version than I do playing RGCL, but it feels shitty knowing that when I go into GP Seat/Tac that I may just be going in with an inferior version.

RUGx Lands is a heavy strong control deck, and it takes time to 1) play it correctly 2) take the board control.
    At the moment, the metagame is full of faster deck (fast combo, and faster control). I think the better RUGx build to fight these decks are the 4x Chalice configuration. Because of Chalice, the deck lose Rotation. Tutoring is still available with Tolaria West and Intuition.

Did you try the more prison oriented RUGx Lands ? Snorlax has a good start of how to build it (on page 22).

From my humble experience, Chalice really helps and dosent hurt us too much, even with 4x Exploration. Snorlax build goes a bit ahead with absolutely no one-cmc.

Here is my current build (with a 3/3 split Chalice and Explosives) :

//Maindeck
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Chalice of the Void
    3 Engineered Explosives
    4 Exploration
    3 Punishing Fire
    3 Intuition
    4 Life from the Loam
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    1 Karakas
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Rishadan Port
    2 Taiga
    4 Thespian's Stage
    2 Tolaria West
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

//SIDEBOARD
    3 Choke
    4 Krosan Grip
    4 Trinisphere
    1 Zuran Orb
    1 Smokestack
    2 Phyrexian Revoker

Again, as we spoke with snorlax (ok, only a couple of private messages ^^) "each Lands build is a reflection of the player and his or her experience with each matchup".
    Snorlax goes full Chalice and no Exploration. I didn't make this step yet and while I was a bit afraid to not play Rotation, this version found the combo without any problem with the help from Tolaria and Intuition, and sometimes even naturally (thx to 4x Stage and 2x Depths). I dont feel bad with the nobo between Chalice and Exploration as both are must-answer spells, and you are usually in a good shape if you stick an early Chalice at one.
    Last edited by kravkenov; 08-25-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

I went 4-3 in trial, 5-4-2 for the saturday main event, and 4-3-1 on sunday 40 duals. Boneheaded mistakes were made, but I had some great games with some cool wizards. In retrospect I was too lenient on slow play and should call more people out. Losses and draw to some favorable matchups stung on Saturday: UG Cloudpost, RG Lands, Shardless BUG, BUG Delver(draw), BG Maritocracey(draw). It was unreal how hard I had to double mulgian for colors, but I have also had events where I barely went to 6. The cost of not playing Brainstrom. If you have enough practice with Lands you should still be fine in this meta as it has been well positioned for some time now, but I recommend 4pfire. Loss vs Omin prompted me to go 4 trini for Sunday since I have only lost to them off of a casted Emrakul. Thalia has been exceptional otherwise vs them and grixis delver. I might make it to up to the NJ IQ this Sunday.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

It was unreal how hard I had to double mulgian for colors, but I have also had events where I barely went to 6. The cost of not playing Brainstrom.
    I believe Antonius tested Brainstorm in an earlier incarnation of this deck (from the old Lands thread) and found it pretty good, but obviously that's not how most lists ended up. Personally, I'm willing to retry the card in playtesting, but I suspect it would push the deck toward a Farmville-style build.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    (...) a Farmville-style build.
    Quick question: why did Farmville never got more attention? Or did I just missed the debate?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

To me it was just a worse version of other lands lists. It played force, brainstorm, verdict, and ponder as its only blue cards which never acomplished much of anything. Without access to pfire, it lost harder to thalia and tempo style decks while simultaneously getting pushed around by hard control since its top end was much worse without port

Hi guys, next saturday, I will be playing Lands in a Legacy tournament (around 80+ people registered).

I would ask you some helps for side boarding options.
    My list is more or less the same (as posted #462). Depend on the meta, I might -1 Tolaria +1 Thicket.

// MAINDECK
    2 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Engineered Explosives
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Exploration
    3 Punishing Fire
    2 Intuition
    4 Life from the Loam

1 Academy Ruins
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    1 Karakas
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Rishadan Port
    2 Taiga
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Tolaria West
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

//SIDEBOARD
    3 Choke
    4 Krosan Grip
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Zuran Orb
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Smokestack

Here is how I plan to sideboard. I did this list with the help of Snorlax advises. If you thing there is anything to add (cards, strategy, etc), please welcome.

STONEBLADE (UWR)
    Choke and Port. Set Chalice @1. Keep Krosan Grip for Batterskull and Rest in Peace. Dont let key-pieces in graveyard (to prevent Rest in Peace).
    +3 Choke
    +3 Grip
    -1 Crop
    -2 Intuition
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Depths
    -1 Karakas

MIRACLE (UWR)
    Choke and Port. Keep Krosan Grip for Counterbalance. Use Smokestack to keep him low in Lands. Ghost Quarter they Plains. If you need to dredge Life from the Loam against a Vendilion : draw, then cycle (dredging into Life from the Loam), and then play Life. You didn’t pass the priority after dredging, so you will be able to play Life from the Loam « safely ».
    +3 Choke
    +4 Grip
    +2 Revoker (Sensei Top, Jace)
    +1 Smokestack
    -3 Crop
    -1 Exploration
    -2 Intuition
    -1 Bojuka
    -2 Maze
    -1 Karakas

DEATH AND TAXES (W)
    Set Chalice @1. Revoker for Vial. Grip for Batterskull and Rest in Peace. Punishing/Explosives loop. Warning Flickerwisp on Mox or vialed-in-play to remove the token. Dont let key-pieces in graveyard (to prevent Rest in Peace).
    +4 Grip
    +2 Revoker
    -2 Mox
    -1 Loam
    -1 Urborg
    -2 Wasteland

MERFOLK (U)
    +3 Choke
    +3 Grip
    +1 Zuran Orb
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Karakas
    -2 Wasteland
    -3 ???

OMNI SHOW (UR)
    Choke and Port. Set Chalce @1. Keep Krosan Grip for Omniscience. Put Sphere in play with they Show and Tell (they HAVE TO pay the additional cost, even under Omniscience), recure it with Academy if needed before Marit Lage.
    +3 Choke
    +4 Grip
    +4 Sphere
    -3 Crop
    -2 Punishing Fire
    -1 Explosives
    -3 Maze
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Waste

GRIXIS CONTROL (UBR)
    Choke and Port they Island, Chalice @1. Use Tabernacle and Sphere to slow them. Explosives lock. They usually dont have Wasteland at all. Bojuka will make they Dig Trough Time hard to cast.
    +3 Choke
    +2 Grip
    -1 Crop
    -1 Loam
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Depths
    -1 Stage

TEMPO DELVER (UBR/RUG/BUG/BURG)
    Choke and Port. Explosives lock. Warning they usually have Wasteland.
    +3 Choke
    -1 Intuition
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Karakas (if Tasigur, then cut Intuition)

ELVES (GB)
    Set Chalice @1. Get Tabernacle out. Punishing/Explosives loop.
    +4 Sphere
    +2 Revoker (Insect / Manadork)
    -1 Loam
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Depths
    -3 Maze
    In case of Null Rod/Needle
    +2 Grip
    -2 Stage

JUNK BLOODBRAID CASCADE (RGB)
    Kill Shaman and keep Tarmogoyf in check. Krosan Grip on Null Rod, Needle, GY hates, Sylvan Library.
    +3 Grip
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Karakas (if no Tasigur)
    -1 Urborg

JUNK SHARDLESS CASCADE (BUG)*
    Choke and Port. Kill Shaman and keep Tarmogoyf in check. Krosan Grip on Null Rod, Needle, GY hates, Sylvan Library.
    +3 Choke
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Karakas (if no Tasigur)
    -1 Urborg

LANDS COMBO (RG)
    Set Chalice @1. Waste lock. Bojuka Bog to exile engine.
    +3 Grip (Mox, Exploration)
    +4 Sphere
    +1 Zuran Orb
    -1 Explosives
    -3 Punishing Fire
    -2 Maze
    -1 Tabernacle
    -1 Urborg

INFECT (UG)
    Set Chalice @1. Choke and Port. Keeps spells and lands interactions on each of their creatures, each turn. Change timing of each piece of interaction.
    +3 Choke
    +4 Sphere
    -3 Intuition
    -1 Loam
    -1 Bojuka
    -1 Depths
    -1 Karakas

ANT/TES STORM COMBO (UBR/UBRG)
    Set Chalice @1. Slow them with Spheres. Keep Crop Rotation for Bojuka mid combo.
    +3 Choke
    +4 Sphere
    -2 Punishing Fire
    -3 Maze
    -1 Tolaria
    -1 Karakas

REANIMATOR
    Set Chalice @1. Tutor for Bojuka/Karakas.
    +3 Choke
    +2 Grip (Needle)
    +4 Sphere
    -3 Exploration
    -3 Punishing Fire
    -1 Grove
    -1 Stage
    -1 Urborg

Howdy Folks,

Here we are, my very first top8 in a tournament ! I'm very happy :)

So, I played Lands (obv). Here is the list :

2 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond
    3 Engineered Explosives
    3 Crop Rotation
    3 Exploration
    3 Punishing Fire
    2 Intuition
    4 Life from the Loam
    1 Academy Ruins
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    1 Karakas
    3 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    4 Rishadan Port
    2 Taiga
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Tolaria West
    3 Tropical Island
    0 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath

3 Choke
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Zuran Orb
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Smokestack

I made top 8 with a sweet 4-0 run, and then I.D. into top 8.
    There was 54 players, which mean 6 rounds of intense magic.

Round 1, 2-1 vs Reanimator "home made"
    Game 1) I kept a nice hand with acceleration and Explosive lock, but my opponent quickly entomb and reanimate a Grave Titan, which is out of range of my Explosives... I didn't have the time to do anything and his Titan eat all my HP.

in : 4 Sphere of Resistance, 3 Choke
    out : 1 Stage, 2 Explosives, 1 Tabernacle, 2 Punishing, 1 Grove

Game 2) This game took time... I mean, so much time... My opponent played very slowly. I ask him several time to play faster, but eh... He play the clock. I kept a good hand and lead with Land, Mox, Sphere. He play a land and pass. I then start to slowly lock the game with Port, wasteland and co. 40 minutes later, I finally found the lands and rip off all his HP.
    I ask him if he really want to play the 3th game, and he say "of course, my deck can kill you in just few turns !". So we play the 3th game.
    Game 3) My starting hand was incredible, turn 3 kill ;)

1-0 (2-1)

Round 2, 2-0 vs Infect
    Game 1) I kept a good hand with Fetch, Taiga, Tolaria, Life and 3 other cards. He starts and lead with Noble Hierarch.
    I play Taiga and go. He attack with Hierarch, and play Inkmoth and go. I draw a nothing interesting, play a land and pass the turn.
    He attack with his Inkmoth and play the +4/+4... I really think it was over, but hopefully he dosent have Berserker.
    I finally dredge into Wasteland, and it close the game. Few dredge after, I manage to establish an Explosives lock, and eventually make the token to win the game.

in : 4 Sphere, 3 Choke
    out : 2 Punishing, 2 Maze, 1 Tolaria, 1 Karakas, 1 Bojuka

Game 2) Superfast hand with a turn 3 kill

Round 3, 2-0 vs Deathblade 4 colors
    Game 1) I kept a hand with all the good stuff : Life, Grove, Punishing, Tropical, Tolaria, Exploration and Explosives.
    He start with Shaman, but without fetching. I play Tropical, Exploration and Grove. I kill his Shaman the next turn and start dredging. Few turn later, I Loam into the first piece of the combo, then the second wich close the game soon after.

in : 3 Choke, 4 Sphere
    out : 1 Karakas, 1 Bojuka, 1 Thespian, 1 Crop, 1 Tolaria, 1 Depts, 1 Life

Game 2) A good starting hand with Grove and Punishing. No combo but Tolaria and Life.
    He start to play with a land and pass. Nothing happened during few turn, and eventually I drop a Choke while he was full taped. A really good move because I have Port in play and he has to fetch for basics lands. He dosent have much and he is really slowed. I eventually make a 20/20 but it sadly get promptly sworded. It ok, I Loam and redo the thing for the win.

Round 4, 2-1 vs Jund? (BGR)
    I played against a good guy I meet here and there.
    Game 1) I have the nuts and kill him by turn 4.

in : 3 Grip
    out : 1 Bojuka, 1 Karakas, 1 Stage

Game 2) This game was a remake of round 1. A game that never ends. I get Choked (!!!) and this really slowed me down. I find a window to make something good, but I lose my concentration and play the wrong land at a crucial point, which cost me the game (not saying I would have won this round, but this would put me in a waaaay more better position).

Game 3) As I said, a remake of round 1 ! I superfast starting hand, and kill turn 3 ;)

Here we are, following the standing, with 2 I.D. I'm in top8.

1/4 Final, 0-2 vs Jund? (BGW)
    I was a bit nervous and kept really poor hand and get punished (twice). Nothing to say but mulligan !
    My opponent is a well-know player, he ends almost always into the top8...
    So, I ended 6th of 54, which is not bad (in fact, it is one of my best finish !).

About the deck :

Only 2 Intuition is ok. I never miss the 3th.
    No Trankquil Thicket : no problem, I just really carefully play my spells to avoid graveyard hates.
    3 Tolaria West : this card is awesome, but a bit slow. I think 2 Tolaria is enough.
    3 Crop Rotation were exactly what I need. Never too much, never too less.
    3 Exploration were ok, but I really want a 4th.

My adjustment for the next tournament :

+1 Exploration
    -1 Unknow (may be going down to 2 Crop...)

MVP : Academy/Explosives lock
    MVP Sideboard : Sphere, Choke, Grip

Thx for reading ;)
    Last edited by kravkenov; 09-06-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Also a quick question : Do you think Worm Harvest can take place into the sideboard ? Or the graveyard hates on games 2 and 3 makes the card not worth a slot in sideboard... In fact I ask myself what cards can Lands play to beat BGW (Jund or Junk, I never remember the difference between these two).

Thread Information