Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] RUG Lands

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Re: [Deck] Lands

That land count is quite the throwback. Would have liked to have read more, but rnd 9 opp scummed you .

Quote Originally Posted by Anen View Post
    I am still not sold on TNN in non-Miracles MU. I play a 12+ creatures sideboard, so I know what you mean by overloading the removal package.
    haha, you could share your list in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlaxcom View Post
    That land count is quite the throwback. Would have liked to have read more, but rnd 9 opp scummed you .
    The real scum is the round 8 opponent. who would have called this kind of judge call knowing what deck i play? that guy is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by nolink View Post
    The real scum is the round 8 opponent. who would have called this kind of judge call knowing what deck i play? that guy is an asshole.
    Definitely, the only deck those rules actually affect is manaless dredge right? I'm always really deliberate about it for exactly the reason you faced though. Such an annoying thing to a get judge called over for.

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Definitely, the only deck those rules actually affect is manaless dredge right? I'm always really deliberate about it for exactly the reason you faced though. Such an annoying thing to a get judge called over for.
    technically i could've played ashen ghoul in the format.

but as per some judge calls are made, the final decision of the level of infringement is due to the ability for you to cheat from the judge call. in my case, i couldnt have cheated from manipulating my graveyard order. what i did is only to shortlist the lands that i wanted to target with life from the loam.

Well, that loss is one worthy one, to look at the true colors of some nasty japanese players.

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Well, that loss is one worthy one, to look at the true colors of some nasty japanese players.
    Being that deep into day 1 while in contention for day 2 you will find many players call judges for warnings or game losses. In my experience, regardless of the format, the average gp level grinder will usually resort to these tactics. It is how they get "casuals" looking for a good game who have forgone proper procedure. A judge will be on your side if you are genuine, but the grinder knows the judge has to issue at least a warning. Be vigilant at premier level events because you can call a judge for unsportsmanlike conduct on your opp.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Played at Ovino in Milan yesterday. Finished 5-2-1. This included a draw to a bug player with 0 permanents, and a loss to a tezzerator player who tried to let me have the win after we were 1-1, but he thought the match was over and signed the slip 2-0 and tried to walk away....I asked him about game 3 and he beat me...he was paired up against me and dream crushed me ;)

Finished 30th.

Overall felt confidant with my strange build in an incredibly miracles infested meta game.

I cut white, played 1 chalice main. No Zuran orb, no chasm.

This board:

2 chalice of the void
    2 choke (yes I play two tropicals)
    4 dark confidant
    4 sphere of resistance
    3 krosan grip.

Matches:
    Miracles won(teammate Tomas Vlček)
    Miracles lost
    Maverick won
    Goblins won
    Bug draw
    12post, mono green. won
    Tezzerator lost
    r/g lands won.

No real report comming :)
    Last edited by Phelix; 05-03-2015 at 10:43 AM.
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Good Day to All,

Where i am situated we have weekly wednesday legacy night.

Used the same 75 in GP to play today and here's the matchup.

Match No.1 - 0-1 Miracles
    R1 - got soft locked after getting countered twice of crop rotation. almost went through though.
    R2 - Was half drunk while playing the game, wasn't concentrating. got clocked by a snapcaster and angel tokens with active thespian stage to copy maze of ith. FML.

Match No.2 - 1-1 Junk (DRS, Confidant, Abrupt decay, etc.)
    R1 - Got clocked by opponent with DRS, Confidant and discards (Still having abit of hangover)
    R2 - Softlock the opponent out of contention (2 rishadan port + 2 thespian stage copied port + tabernacle)
    R3 - opponent was careless to discard (liliana) swords to plowshare when i have a crop rotation in hand and 1 thespian stage in play.

Match No.3 - 2-1 Belcher
    R1 - Opponent is shop owner, we knew our matchup inside out. he start with a storm 6 empty the warrens. i show him the crop rotation (tabernacle)
    R2 - He went the belcher route and shot me for 5 cards till he reach taiga. I struggle for a few more turns without finding wincons or protection.
    R3 - started with exploration + pithing needle for belcher. he started with 3 burning wishes. i still have crop rotation in hand for protection. proceed to draw another after he burning wish for shattering spree. ended up comboing

Match No.4 - 3-1 Merfolk
    R1 - Naturally draw into turn 4 combo
    R2 - Turn 3 combo met with echoing truth. he's clocking me with cursecatcher and lord of atlantis. have the tutor piece and chasm to delay till i combo off. he tried to cast vendilion clique with cavern of souls that named merfolk (casted lord of atlantis on turn 2 with 2 caverns)

Personally I am having a hard time with the Miracles matchup. Unfortunately I just do not have a good pilot to practice / grind games with. I did have an idea though, what about side boarding in Boseiju, Who Shelters All? It fits our land theme, can be tutored/recurred and means we can never be locked off loam. Miracles doesn't really pressure our health total so it might buy enough time to run them over.

Also curious as to how it works with the spheres. Since everything costs one extra colorless, if I were to use boseiju with to cast a crop rotation or gamble for two mana, would it be uncounertable?

--- Sorry meant to post this in the R/G lands thread but would value everyones opinion here too.

Dec 2010
    North Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Arksz View Post
    Personally I am having a hard time with the Miracles matchup. Unfortunately I just do not have a good pilot to practice / grind games with. I did have an idea though, what about side boarding in Boseiju, Who Shelters All? It fits our land theme, can be tutored/recurred and means we can never be locked off loam. Miracles doesn't really pressure our health total so it might buy enough time to run them over.

Also curious as to how it works with the spheres. Since everything costs one extra colorless, if I were to use boseiju with to cast a crop rotation or gamble for two mana, would it be uncounertable?

--- Sorry meant to post this in the R/G lands thread but would value everyones opinion here too.
    Boseiju is a good way to kill yourself vs. Miracles. You will throw away ten life, then you will be surprise by a single Angel token.. You definitely don't need it. Consider EE and Academy as your best weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksz View Post

am not running sphere of resistance on the board or main. but will try one copy of boseju for playtest next week. see how it goes for uncounterable life from the loam then (and punishing fire). considering i ran 3 tolaria west, 4 crop rotation and 3 maze of ith, it is 10 outs to a single angel token, fairly reasonable.

it might incidentally help the matchup against bug delver too.

open to more suggestions. im testing every wednesday in weekly tournaments.

Dec 2010
    North Atlantic Ocean

am not running sphere of resistance on the board or main. but will try one copy of boseju for playtest next week. see how it goes for uncounterable life from the loam then (and punishing fire). considering i ran 3 tolaria west, 4 crop rotation and 3 maze of ith, it is 10 outs to a single angel token, fairly reasonable.

it might incidentally help the matchup against bug delver too.

open to more suggestions. im testing every wednesday in weekly tournaments.
    Boseiju is meant to be used as a one shot (Scapeshift, SnT, ..). If you are using it every turn over multiple turns, you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Anen View Post
    Boseiju is meant to be used as a one shot (Scapeshift, SnT, ..). If you are using it every turn over multiple turns, you are doing it wrong.
    I'm open to testing. Resolving a couple of life from the loam recurring combo pieces does break the card advantage they generate from counterbalance.

My meta is a 20-25 man attendence with average 5-6 miracles player. I guess testing boseju for a couple of events won't hurt.

haha, you could share your list in this case.
    Bro. Still waiting for Ur 12 creature sideboard list BTW

My meta is a 20-25 man attendence with average 5-6 miracles player. I guess testing boseju for a couple of events won't hurt.
    Have you tried out a smokestack and worm harvest build? I've had a lot of success against miracles using that style of deck. Having to deal with those cards in addition to the normal Lands engine really strains miracles and leads to very long game 1s where Lands can steal the inevitability back from miracles.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

My list is favored against miracles. So tis possible. it does kind of weaken us in other areas.
    "Brainstorm and Fetchlands are interesting although I don't know if Brainstorms alone are worth it right now, because Stifle is a common card. " -Peddi 2015.

Oct 2011
    Denmark

list:
    1 ensnaring bridge
    1 chalice of the void
    2 engineered explosives
    2 smokestack

4 mox diamond

4 exploration
    3 crop rotation
    3 intuition
    4 life from the loam
    2 punishing fire
    1 worm harvest
    1 sylvan library

3 grove of the burnwillows
    4 wasteland
    4 rishadan port
    3 maze of ith
    3 fetchlands
    2 tolaria west
    2 thespians stage
    2 tropical island
    1 taiga
    1 bayou
    1 forest
    1 the tabernacle
    1 bojuka bog
    1 ghost quarter
    1 karakas
    1 dark depths
    1 academy ruins
    1 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth

0:
    savannah
    zuran orb
    glacial chasm

Sideboard:
    4 sphere of resistance
    4 dark confidant
    2 chalice of the void
    3 krosan grip
    2 choke

BOLD: miracle specific choices.

Yep, I've been running a list based on yours but still messing with the white splash a bit. Only have had the chance to play omni twice with it but I'm 1-1 so far. It did feel like I was doing things though which is a positive change in the matchup for me. No Dark Confidant is pretty lame but I just haven't been comfortable running them alongside white cards.

MD
    - 1 Sylvan Library
    - 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    - 1 Bayou
    - 1 Grove of the Burnwillows

+ 1 Crucible of Worlds
    + 1 Glacial Chasm
    + 1 Tropical Island
    + 1 Savannah

SB
    - 4 Dark Confidant
    - 2 Chalice of the Void
    - 1 Krosan Grip
    - 2 Choke

+ 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    + 1 Zuran Orb
    + 1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    + 1 Containment Priest
    + 3 Ethersworn Canonist
    + 2 Pyroblast

Have you tried out a smokestack and worm harvest build? I've had a lot of success against miracles using that style of deck. Having to deal with those cards in addition to the normal Lands engine really strains miracles and leads to very long game 1s where Lands can steal the inevitability back from miracles.
    in the case of having MB smokestack + worm harvest,

1. Worm harvest doesn't race a end step entreat that well. On paper it doesn't make sense to pay 5 Mana, open urself into a counterspell deck, and hoping Ur draws will outlast their card selection from top, ponder and brainstorm
    2. Once game 1 they saw Ur worm harvest, they won't side out force of will against u
    3. I dislike the fact whereby we are playing a land centric deck with very few spells. So, other than life from the loam, they will just counter whichever spell we play. I can't reliably cast smokestack without being countered. (Turn 4 they'll usually have 2-4 untap lands with top)

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Yep, I've been running a list based on yours but still messing with the white splash a bit. Only have had the chance to play omni twice with it but I'm 1-1 so far. It did feel like I was doing things though which is a positive change in the matchup for me. No Dark Confidant is pretty lame but I just haven't been comfortable running them alongside white cards.

MD
    - 1 Sylvan Library
    - 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    - 1 Bayou
    - 1 Grove of the Burnwillows

+ 1 Crucible of Worlds
    + 1 Glacial Chasm
    + 1 Tropical Island
    + 1 Savannah

SB
    - 4 Dark Confidant
    - 2 Chalice of the Void
    - 1 Krosan Grip
    - 2 Choke

+ 1 Ensnaring Bridge
    + 1 Zuran Orb
    + 1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    + 1 Containment Priest
    + 3 Ethersworn Canonist
    + 2 Pyroblast
    As omni and not storm combo has become the feared combodeck, I just dont feel like i get the mileage i need out of my white cards. And the chalices that are bad against omni (yes they hit a bunch of stuff, but doesnt prevent wins) are good against miracles. (topdeck miracles is a horrible deck). Thats why i swapped. Choke works for both matchups, and paired with rishadan port is very strong.

I have never played pyroblasts. Im not sure countermagic vs the countermagicdeck is the way to go, particularly when you are looking to stick a chalice 1.

Thread Information