Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: GP New Jersey

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Re: GP New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by warfordium View Post
    not that Stronghold will sell it to us at 50¢ a card....
    Do they charge more in store? or less?
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2011
    Vancouver

Re: GP New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    Do they charge more in store? or less?
    well, sdematt and I both ripped through a few unsorted, unpriced boxes they had lying around, picked out stuff we wanted... waited for weeks to have it priced....

I actually went through it and priced it myself during some downtime at work (i had picked out non-foil japanese/german, not a lot of pre-8th stuff, mostly minor/commander rares), and came up with a price based on a photo i took of it all laid out. when the owner finally got around to pricing it he had come up with $65 more than what i had... a whole bunch of the 50¢/$1 rares had been nudged up. extra $10 on a japanese vamp, Noxious revivals for $1 or $2 or something, $30 for a playset of Russian 9th Sleight of Hand (cf €12 for a playset on MKM).

I don't really place a large value on Foreign over English for non-foils of that calibre and rarity, so I was not really impressed. I just flushed store credit on the stuff but it was a roll-eyes moment all the same.

anyways. I've since joined the german-language Facebook group so things are gonna change for the better (but to the detriment of my wallet).
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not saying sugarcoat the tournament scene, that's impossible, but for God's sake just act like a damned grown-up. Be polite, play fast-ish but allow for a little thought now and then, represent the rules to the best of your ability and be a good sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    WotC fucks up something computer related. Film @ 11.
    @warfordium on twitter.

Thread Information