More to Come

5) Links (Some of these are outdated)
    Prosperous Bloom in Legacy
    ProsBloom Primer
    The First Combo Deck

Jan 2014
    Perrysburg, Ohio

Re: Prosperous Bloom in Legacy

My question is, is this deck at all a viable option in Legacy? I saw this on MTG Salvation and I'm intrigued by it. I'd love to try to make this work.

My Fears
    Drain Life- It's easily countered especially if we're giving our opponent tons of cards via Prosperity.
    Prosperity- We're giving our opponents a ton of pieces.

Potential Options
    Banefire- With enough Mana this is uncounterable.
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn- Uncounterable as well and could be another viable WinCon.

What do we do instead of Prosperity to get cards in our hands? Harmonize, Infernal Contract, Cruel Bargain?

Cabal Therapy and Prosperity is a nonbo. You need some sort of Silence/Dosan effect.

If you're already in white, Land Tax and Cadaverous Bloom are kind of cute together.

You may also want Squandered Resources.

You also probably want some of the double green lands like Hickory Woodlot.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Jan 2014
    Perrysburg, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    Cabal Therapy and Prosperity is a nonbo. You need some sort of Silence/Dosan effect.
    I guess I was thinking the Nic-Fit ramp engine with Veteran Explorer and Cabal Therapy would be great here to help get a larger Prosperity. I mean I guess I understand why strip the hand when you're going to refill it. That is one of the man reasons I'm thinking about cutting Blue for Red.

Quote Originally Posted by wsurugby10 View Post
    I guess I was thinking the Nic-Fit ramp engine with Veteran Explorer and Cabal Therapy would be great here to help get a larger Prosperity. I mean I guess I understand why strip the hand when you're going to refill it. That is one of the man reasons I'm thinking about cutting Blue for Red.
    Sure, sacrificing Veteran Explorer to Cabal Therapy is nice to help you cast Cadaverous Bloom. I just don't know how you ever beat a deck that has Force of Will in it.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Isn't Braingeyser much, much better than Pros?

Jan 2014
    Perrysburg, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    Sure, sacrificing Veteran Explorer to Cabal Therapy is nice to help you cast Cadaverous Bloom. I just don't know how you ever beat a deck that has Force of Will in it.
    Yeah that's a big reason why I started the thread. That's a glaring weakness I saw as well. That's why I'm thinking you have to have a WinCon that is uncountable like Banefire or Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Is the deck worth going forward with? Is there any hope at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Definitely something that only allows a target player to draw is much better but the UU Mana Cost seems like it could be rough on the Manabase.

I'm pretty sure that Cabal Therapy + Prosperity is pretty strong since it means you can strip their hand. Though Braingeyser is much better I'm guessing. I don't think the cost is relevant since once you are going off you can hit UU easily.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

As much love I might have for the very first engine combo deck in MTG history, I can not see a 3-card combo working ever again, especially not for those manacosts. There are much more card- & mana-efficient combos available. Aside from that, I'm sure that Squandered Ressources isn't even needed if cards like Dark Ritual or Veteran Explorer are available which however both can feed much better cards than a do-nothing like Cadaverous Bloom or outdated stuff like Prosperity

This deck won't get you anywhere and the concept is flawed (generate 5 mana, drop a permanent AND have a full grip). If you want to put work into an engine-combo deck of old, try Aluren. The 4cc enchantment at least has some future potential with WotC continuous creature powercreep
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

I'm afraid Lemnear is completely right. As much as I often do the same, like trying to revive the old creaturegeddon concept, some things won't work anymore. Unless you plan to play the deck for fun, don't expect a miracle.

Braingeyser is also banned in Legacy. Try Stroke of Genius or Blue Sun's Zenith.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Braingeyser is also banned in Legacy.
    http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Res...rces/sfrlegacy
    Ctrl+F "Braingeyser"

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

If you want to work on this deck and idea, I'd try keeping it in BG only and build it in the direction of The Spanish Inquisition: Veteran Explorer, Therapy, Culling the Weak, Dark Ritual, GSZ, Dryad Arbor, Infernal Contract, Cruel Bargain, Cadaverous Bloom (and possibly Spoils of the Vault).

This way you can work with a lot of basics and have some carddraw that works even without bloom unlike Braingeyser. Drain Life is outdated; try 2-3 Maga, Traitor or Mortals
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

What? When did that happen?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    What? When did that happen?
    List seperation in 2004 afaik

Join us at Facebook!

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Hell, if you find Brains UU to be expensive, there is always Stroke of Genius.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Hell, if you find Brains UU to be expensive, there is always Stroke of Genius.
    There is the general Problem that you can't generate blue mana outside of lands and SR. SR is a bad card overall and running blue draw means that you can't combo off Bloom alone after you have it in play or are required to cast more than one Prosperity/Geyser/Stroke. Black or green carddraw gets around that problem and that's why I suggested Contract/Bargain.

Edit: I feel that the role of Natural Balance in Mike's old deck is not understood in general :/

Join us at Facebook!

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I can't shake the feeling that Primeval Titan into Stage/Depths combo would be good here.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that Primeval Titan into Stage/Depths combo would be good here.
    Maybe throw in some Delvers and Deathrite Shamans too.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

My question is, if going blue anyways, why play this over Dream Halls? And if Emrakul, why not play show and tell.

I was almost going to suggest Academy Rector/Land Tax, but then I realized.. if you're gonna' sac Academy Rector, lets say you have cabal therapies or diabolic intent... you might as well just grab Omniscience and straight up win the game, right. I dunno, that's just how I see it, it seems a suboptimal choice nowadays.
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Thread Information