Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Sourcers playing on MTGO

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Re: Dear Sourcers playing on MTGO

I am actually thinking of getting into MODO too, just not sure if it's worth it... What would I pay for Miracles? Like 1250€?

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    I am actually thinking of getting into MODO too, just not sure if it's worth it... What would I pay for Miracles? Like 1250€?

Greetings
    Because of VMA it is "a lot" cheaper atm. I think it's 600-900 tix/dollars, depending on build, for Miracles now.

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by Dosferra View Post
    Because of VMA it is "a lot" cheaper atm. I think it's 600-900 tix/dollars, depending on build, for Miracles now.
    Wow that's like for free, pretty promising, I have to admit! :)

Thanks!

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Dosferra View Post
    http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/9041
    Miracles hovers mainly between 700-850$/Tix.

Throw in your decklist here and see how much it costs

Oct 2011
    California

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    Wow that's like for free, pretty promising, I have to admit! :)
    Probably good to buy in soon, if you plan to. Vintage Masters has bottomed out the prices on Force of Will and duals, but that won't last.

I am thinking about waiting till next month to buy in depending on the details of what the server switch involves. I am wondering, to those who already play modo, what's the deal with the server switch coming up soon? Are people's collections going to be transferred in the process or will everyone have to start from scratch? Also, do we know when exactly this is going to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayer_90 View Post
    I am thinking about waiting till next month to buy in depending on the details of what the server switch involves. I am wondering, to those who already play modo, what's the deal with the server switch coming up soon? Are people's collections going to be transferred in the process or will everyone have to start from scratch? Also, do we know when exactly this is going to happen?
    What server switch?

As far as I know, you simply can't access the server with the old V3 client anymore. The beta client should work as usually, unless I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    What server switch?

As far as I know, you simply can't access the server with the old V3 client anymore. The beta client should work as usually, unless I'm mistaken.
    From what my friend just told me What I've heard about server switch from others is probably just how Wizards is forcing everyone to switch to the new client like you said Barook in July or August. If I ever find some sort of official source that provides clarification on this I'll post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Dec 2011
    Norway

I registered on MTGO last year, but today was the first time I bought cards. I got a playset of all the duals, as well as Force, Lion's Eye, Ancient Tomb, Jace and some other stuff. Vintage masters made me spend almost 450$ on MTGO without entering a single draft.

Now we just need a reprint of Wasteland, fetches, Port, Liliana, Confidant and Goyf.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    Now we just need a reprint of Wasteland, fetches, Port, Liliana, Confidant and Goyf.
    Confidant is about 30 bucks each, so it isn't that drastic. Goyf and Liliana aren't going to reprinted that soon and Khans might have an artifact theme if Darksteel Citadel and Shrapnel Blast in M15 are any hints, so not fetches.

Wastelands might happen sooner or later as promos. Once Ports gets a promo, its value is going to be destroyed, but I doubt Wasteland is going to be cheap due to the insane demand. It might drop to about 70 tix each after the promo release, just to rise up again, like FoW did before.

Also, holy crap at the latest daily. 52 people is alot for Legacy.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

MODO is highly competitive and you can (and most likely will at some point) face top-tier players from around the world, instead of Random Scrub #57 playing his crappy UB Mill deck. Since there's essentially money on the line, people don't screw around alot.
    Of course this is only true for events with entry fees. Tournament practice is pretty much the same as Cockatrice with slightly more competitive decks and a rules engine. People regularly quit after losing a game.

Anyway, I'm about to complete my UR Delver on MODO (currently tilting people with Solidarity) and look forward to actually get to play after watching my local scene on a decline to pretty much non-existence.

Dec 2011
    Norway

Confidant is about 30 bucks each, so it isn't that drastic. Goyf and Liliana aren't going to reprinted that soon and Khans might have an artifact theme if Darksteel Citadel and Shrapnel Blast in M15 are any hints, so not fetches.

Wastelands might happen sooner or later as promos. Once Ports gets a promo, its value is going to be destroyed, but I doubt Wasteland is going to be cheap due to the insane demand. It might drop to about 70 tix each after the promo release, just to rise up again, like FoW did before.

Also, holy crap at the latest daily. 52 people is alot for Legacy.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised also to see Rishadan Port as a Judge Foil in paper.

Thread Information