Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Burning Reanimator

Burning Reanimator

Has anyone started tweaking this idea and list?

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...in-Legacy.html

Re: Burning Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by kingsey View Post
    Has anyone started tweaking this idea and list?

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...in-Legacy.html
    Goldfished a few games, immediately put in 4 Faithless Looting since that felt like it would help the game plan immensely. Felt the deck just wasn't consistent enough but could be inexperience or small sample size.

EDH | Legacy
    Jul 2010
    Malaysia

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...Spotlight.html
    Creatures (9)

1 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Sire of Insanity
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    2 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    Lands (13)

1 Swamp
    4 Badlands
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Scrubland
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    Spells (38)

4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Exhume
    3 Gamble
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Unburial Rites
    3 Unmask
    Sideboard

1 Ashen Rider
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Cabal Therapy
    3 Empty the Warrens
    1 Massacre
    1 Meltdown
    1 Reanimate
    1 Stitch Together
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Unmask

Look at the bottom, the 2 decklists by Danielle and have a look at the comments :)

1) The traditonal Entomb into Exhume plan (cast Entomb on 1, Exhume on 2).

2) Put Exhume on the stack and sacrifice LED to discard your hand, including your fattie.

3) Draw a fattie, a land, an LED, and an Unburial Rites (play the land, crack LED for white, and flashback the Rites).

4) Draw a fattie, a LED, two mana sources, and a Burning Wish (cast Burning Wish, sacrifice LED in response, and find either Reanimate or the exceedingly cute Stitch Together).

5) Fatty plus Burning Wish (for Stronghold Gambit; cast it against creatureless decks/opponents who you know don't have creatures in hand thanks to your discard).

6) If you can't find a fatty, cast some mana acceleration and Wish for Empty the Warrens to just beat down with Goblin tokens a la Storm.

7) Grind through countermagic by hardcasting Unburtial Rites (likely with the help of Dark Ritual), then flashing it back.

Legacy decks
    The Reanimator

EDH decks
    The Mimeoplasm || Toolbox Reanimation Combo
    Doran, the Siege Tower || Tribal Aggro Control
    Sedris, The Traitor King || Budget Reanimation Aggro
    Marrow Gnawer || Relentless Rats Aggro Combo
    Olivia Voldaren || Aggro Control
    Gaddock Teeg || Support Combo Aggro
    Cromat || Hypergenesis Combo

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...n-Welder/page3

Try here...

If someone wants to make a proper Primer, I will update the OP.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

I met the guy who invented this deck and while I play GB Reanimator myself I find this deck pretty filthy. Definitely worth testing
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Rood View Post
    I met the guy who invented this deck and while I play GB Reanimator myself I find this deck pretty filthy. Definitely worth testing
    I am working on this deck. It feels like a gigantic mutation of storm and reanimator.
    I have added green to BR in order to play Abrupt Decay in the SB. In addition, I am running a full set of Faithless Looting instead of Gamble and one discard spell.
    This is really a sick deck.

Are there any recent results of the two inventors from Italy?
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    I am working on this deck. It feels like a gigantic mutation of storm and reanimator.
    I have added green to BR in order to play Abrupt Decay in the SB. In addition, I am running a full set of Faithless Looting instead of Gamble and one discard spell.
    This is really a sick deck.

Are there any recent results of the two inventors from Italy?
    Sorry for the question,
    why is there a single SSG in the List? Just another source of red fast mana?

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
    Sorry for the question,
    why is there a single SSG in the List? Just another source of red fast mana?
    Well, Anthony Lowry explains it as being another way of playing around Daze. Although he admits that
    it could be another land or Chrome Mox. I am currently testing 13 lands and 1 Mox instead of the random SSG which looks not
    really impressive.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Well, Anthony Lowry explains it as being another way of playing around Daze. Although he admits that
    it could be another land or Chrome Mox. I am currently testing 13 lands and 1 Mox instead of the random SSG which looks not
    really impressive.
    I really like this deck, goldfished it today a few times. Maybe I try it out in Hannover next time. Recognized you RugStar-Guys there last time, if you plan to join the next event we could chit chat a little bit about this brew. Cause I cashed out (remaining duals for edh: Sea,Trop,Bayou), being on the all-in-dredge-trip I will play it with a Rainbow-only-Manabase. Just realized that this disables Massacre and need a substitution.

Cheers

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I really like this deck, goldfished it today a few times. Maybe I try it out in Hannover next time. Recognized you RugStar-Guys there last time, if you plan to join the next event we could chit chat a little bit about this brew. Cause I cashed out (remaining duals for edh: Sea,Trop,Bayou), being on the all-in-dredge-trip I will play it with a Rainbow-only-Manabase. Just realized that this disables Massacre and need a substitution.

Cheers
    Sure.
    Hannover is all about Delver and Dredge, as far as I can remember.
    Maybe we manage to get there in August or September.
    I would recommend Gemstone Mine (A. Lowrly mentioned it too) and one Bayou in order to support Decay and Unburial Rites' flashback costs.
    Pyroclasm should be also ok, but Massacre being a free spell is certainly a feature difficult to replace. Admittedly, 4 Badlands seems a bit too much but I can't tell more since
    my testing is based on looking at the list , goldfishing and some goldfishing with SB cards. But I guess, I can assemble the cards I lack in reasonable time to smash real life opponents and to test some more.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Hannover is all about Delver and Dredge, as far as I can remember.
    Delver, yeah. Dredge is not to common. Most of the time I'm the only Dredge-Guy, but on the weekend you where there the meta was surprisingly infested with Dredge.

I would recommend Gemstone Mine (A. Lowrly mentioned it too) and one Bayou in order to support Decay and Unburial Rites' flashback costs.
    Between Confluences, Cities, Mines and a one-off Paradise it shouldn't be too hard to support AD.

Pyroclasm should be also ok, but Massacre being a free spell is certainly a feature difficult to replace.
    I played ANT and TES a long time and want to kill through a MoR, so the next best out would be Marsh Casualties, unfortunately. And even this 2 Mana card could be hard to resolve between Wastes, Thalia and Ports. The next addition to the SB should be Void Snare, I think.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I played ANT and TES a long time and want to kill through a MoR, so the next best out would be Marsh Casualties, unfortunately. And even this 2 Mana card could be hard to resolve between Wastes, Thalia and Ports. The next addition to the SB should be Void Snare, I think.
    You're right. Void Snare is coming. Should be a good addition to the Wish Board.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Might be a stupid question, but why are there 2 Scrublands in the original list?

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but why are there 2 Scrublands in the original list?
    You need W to flashback Unburial Rites. You won't always have LED or Petal.

I've been testing this deck for the past week or so and it's been a blast to play. There have only been a few problems, mainly the fact that if you go all in and fail or just get hellbent there isn't really a way to top deck better than say, ub reanimator, since they have brainstorm and ponder to help set up their next few draws. The flexibility of entomb, gamble, and burning wish is very good though and allows for more lines than the ub variant which is pretty sweet, and burning wish is usually really good bait for counterspells.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungster View Post
    I've been testing this deck for the past week or so and it's been a blast to play. There have only been a few problems, mainly the fact that if you go all in and fail or just get hellbent there isn't really a way to top deck better than say, ub reanimator, since they have brainstorm and ponder to help set up their next few draws. The flexibility of entomb, gamble, and burning wish is very good though and allows for more lines than the ub variant which is pretty sweet, and burning wish is usually really good bait for counterspells.
    As far as I can state due to goldfishing, tweaking and watching another dude play this deck, it is better than TES. That's for sure.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Cabal > do you have a list to test ?

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    Cabal > do you have a list to test ?
    Yes.
    I've added Gamble again because Looting wasn't that much exciting.

1 Sire of Insanity
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    2 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur (worst dude in the deck)

4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    1 Chrome Mox (better than random SSG)
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Unburial Rites
    3 Unmask
    3 Thoughtseize (not sure about the 4th)
    4 Gamble (maybe a 3/1 split with Looting and 1 Gamble in the side)
    4 Burning Wish

13 lands consisting of Badlands, Swamp, Fetchlands. Options like Bayou, Gemstone Mine, Mountain, Scrubland are also possible due to sideboard cards (Decay: yes or no?, or Vindicate which was suggested by fellow player). Essentially it is still close to Terra's build with some tweaks here and there.

My sideboard consists of following cards:
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Stitch Together
    1 Reanimate
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    1 Shattering Spree/Meltdown
    1 discard spell (Unmask or the 4th Thouthseize)
    1 Massacre
    1 Pyroclasm
    (Decay, Vindicate)
    1 random fatty like Elesh Norn

Big D played this deck on Thursday in a small tournament here in Berlin and said that this deck can beat everything and has Belcher-like draws with protection.
    Even this core build feels stronger than TES and the notion that fast combo decks only run weak protection or none and slow combo decks are the safest may be proven the opposite by this deck.
    WantToPonder
    Team MTG Berlin

The Dragonstorm

Dec 2009
    Newark, Delaware

Normal reanimator pilot chiming in. First off, Sire is the real deal and I've appropriated him for the UB shell of the deck. Card is nuts.

Secondly, given the large amounts of fast mana and quantity of spells the deck can produce, would a step away from the normal Reanimator strategy of "make and protect a fatty" and towards TinFins' "just kill them" approach be awful? Shallow Grave works with LED just as much as Exhume does, gives you a free seven cards, and modern tin fins lists only ran one Emrakul to entomb for anyway, so your unburial rites plan is still safe more often than not. Just throwing it out there as it seems like this deck splits the difference between the two when I've played against it, but would be stronger at the "all in" combo approach than The Onion Burst if built to that end.

Thoughts? Has anyone tried that variant yet?
    11th at SCG Baltimore - 6/02/2013
    2nd at SCG Philadelphia - 6/23/2013
    28th at SCG Worcester - 7/07/2013

Enchanter
    Oct 2005
    Albany, NY

I'm sure you guys are tired of the "why not play this instead" response, but have you seen the mono black version? It's more disruptive, more redundant and more powerful. If this isn't the right place for it and there's another thread (I haven't been able to find), please feel free to direct me.

// Lands
    15 Swamp

// Creatures
    1 Borborygmos Enraged
    4 Griselbrand

// Spells
    2 Animate Dead
    2 Buried Alive
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Chrome Mox
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    4 Goryo's Vengeance
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Shallow Grave
    3 Soul Spike
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Unmask

Sideboards have varied between reactionary disruption and transforming into MBC or Leyline / Helm combo.
    Draw, play Island, GG?

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
    Tim: I... am an enchanter.
    Arthur: By what name are you known?
    Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
    Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

Thread Information