Thread: [Podcast] - Legacy Breakfast - Episode 32: Deck Tech Part One - Canadian Threshold

May 2012
    Dudley, UK

[Podcast] - Legacy Breakfast - Episode 32: Deck Tech Part One - Canadian Threshold

This week, we realise that we haven't talked about RUG Delver/Canadian Threshold yet! Part one of two is the history of the archetype and a sample decklist.

http://legacybreakfast.wordpress.com...ian-threshold/

Episodes 30 and 31 are also available on the website. Don't forget that we have drawn the winner of our competition!

Your hosts:
    Stuart Pullin
    Stuart Taylor

Email us: legacybreakfast at gmail dot com
    RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LegacyBreakfast
    Find us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...st/id720253198
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legacybreakfast

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Re: [Podcast] - Legacy Breakfast - Episode 32: Deck Tech Part One - Canadian Threshol

Wow, I won a dice roll (guess it was not to go first). I do not normally play foreign cards but this time I will make an exception and put this straight into my Miracles deck. Glad you gave me more than a week to claim as I did not see you post up a link for episode 31.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Re: [Podcast] - Legacy Breakfast - Episode 32: Deck Tech Part One - Canadian Threshol

Episode on my favorite deck of all time? And it's a two-parter? Is Christmas really in June this year? :)
    Currently playing:

Canadian Threshold Primer!
    Team America

My blog about Legacy, limited, EDH and stuff!

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

I have had a chance to listen to Episode 31 and 32 now.

I recall Goyf being a £2.50 rare when it came out not a £0.50p junk rare. Also Werebear still taps for Green once you have Threshold.

My suggestion for a weekly feature is "Legacy Judge Corner". Now I know you had PhanTom on for one episode before but there is lots of common interactions (such as "The Abyss" and "True-Name Nemesis", or when players get Priority) that a lot of players do not seem to understand or get correct; although if you do add it a section you need to make sure you actually give out the correct answers.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

The only one he ever feared
    Oct 2009
    Sweden's Jerusalem

Great episode imo, thanks a lot! I look forward to the next part too :)

The only thing I didn't quite agree with you on was how to play Brainstorm in the deck. I agree that Thresh perhaps play it more aggressively than some archetypes (glacially slow control for example), but then again not nearly as aggressively as others (like Sneak or Storm). I often follow the guidelines presented by AJ Sacher, it's outlined in my primer here on the site. I'd say historically that Thresh has had to play Brainstorm (and Ponder) more aggressively before Delver was printed, because establishing a threat was harder with only 8-10 creatures.

All in all (so all the other 59 minutes or so) were awesome though.
    Currently playing:

Canadian Threshold Primer!
    Team America

My blog about Legacy, limited, EDH and stuff!

Thread Information