3 Zombie Infestation
    4 Entomb
    4 Griselbrand
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
    3 Shallow Grave
    4 Goryo's Vengeance
    3 Reanimate

The point of this deck is to do silly things like "EOT draw 7" and "in response, double Lava Axe and Diabolic Edict you".

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

Re: Monoblack ReLOLimator

Might have trouble reanimating that Emrakul.

The deck seems a bit of a pipe dream. It's essentially reanimator with no brainstorm, tutors or deck thinning. just mulligan or hope for a god hand.
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Jackass View Post
    Might have trouble reanimating that Emrakul.

The deck seems a bit of a pipe dream. It's essentially reanimator with no brainstorm, tutors or deck thinning. just mulligan or hope for a god hand.
    Both Shallow Grave and Goryo's Vengeance would be able to take care of that just fine...?
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Rob Rogers
    Dec 2007
    Wareham, MA

I would try something like this-
    //LANDS-18
    3 Wasteland
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Bayou
    3 Swamp

//ACCELERATION-8
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lotus Petal

//CREATURES-7
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Ashen Rider
    1 Inkwell Leviathan

//DISRUPTION-12
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Unmask

//BUSINESS-15
    4 Entomb
    4 Reanimate
    4 Exhume
    3 Animate Dead

//SIDEBOARD-15
    4 Abrupt Decay
    3 Nature's Claim
    3 Pithing Needle
    1 Sire of Insanity
    1 Wasteland
    3 ???

My buddy Rood has been having some good results with a very similar build. Some of his recent events went something like:
    6-3 out of 304 players
    4-1 out of 24 players
    4-1-1 Top8 out of 57? players

So he has at least cashed every event so far, still working on the boarding plan but the maindeck is close to where we want it.
    Team Hammafist-We don't take kindly to those who don't take kindly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander78 View Post
    You still have to appreciate a well timed "fuck yall niggas" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    WotC should either stop printing such good blue creatures or start printing more Hammerfist Giants
    "Got any trade boogas?"

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Yeah this deck is cool in theory. Just strait up reanimating Griselbrand turn 1 is more than enough to get you there. Roob posted a pretty similiar list to the one I've been playing. Unmask is the shit in this.

I'm a huge fan of Zombie Infestation. I think that card's sick.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Sep 2011

Yeah, Emrakul is easy to reanimate with those instants... Emrakul is there both because of the blowout (15 damage + annihilate 6 seems good) and because it lets you recycle dead cards if you need them back in your library or are trying to counter a Surgical Extraction or something.

Roob, that's a pretty cool list. But the only reason I would consider playing monoblack Reanimator over UB is if you're building around a card that seriously rewards you for being mono-colored, i.e. 4 Ob Nixilis, Unshackled. That was the whole point of my deck. Without 4 of those and instant speed reanimation, the deck is moot. The whole idea is that you run 0 fetches and seriously punish the opponent for running fetches. This becomes much much more swingy if you can do it at instant speed.

i.e.
    T1 Swamp, discard effect
    Opponent plays a land and plays Delver/DRS/Mom

T2 some way to get up to 3 mana (e.g. Swamp+Mox or Dark Rit in hand). Cast Putrid Imp or sandbag Entomb.
    Opponent attempts to crack a fetch on his turn.
    In response, you Entomb/discard Ob Nixilis and instant-reanimate it
    Opponent loses 11 life and sacrifices their creature.
    You LOL

Alternately, if they don't crack a fetch, you can just EOT instant-reanimate Griselbees or Emrakul, untap, swing for a blowout.

Yeah, Ob Nixilis is LOLmore since just getting Emrakul both deals them more damage and kills more things. But you also LOL more.

Post-board you probably swap out the Ob Nixilis and board in more Emrakuls and Nicol Bolas and anti-gravehate.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

This kind of already exists. It's not worth giving up cantrips for Ob Nixlis, shackled or not. If you're actually resolving Shallow Grave or Goryo's, you should be winning on the spot.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Sep 2011

Meh, Tin Fins tries to win games, while this deck tries to double Lava Axe you for fetching a land. Different objectives. Griselbees is more here so the deck doesn't completely suck, only slightly sucks, i.e. you can randomly actually do something good in case durdling isn't getting you there.

Smarter than your average Bear Deck
    Jan 2009

If your play is to drop the new Ob Nixi, instead of trolling them for 10 damage, you could always try to straight up win right then.

What about running Ghost Quarter and splashing white for Path to Exile? I'd almost rather run Lotus Petal instead of Chrome Mox too tbh. White splash usually gives some pretty desc SB cards too.
    May your suffering equal your weakness
    --Ihsan's Shade

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Meh, Tin Fins tries to win games, while this deck tries to double Lava Axe you for fetching a land. Different objectives. Griselbees is more here so the deck doesn't completely suck, only slightly sucks, i.e. you can randomly actually do something good in case durdling isn't getting you there.
    Fair enough...maybe casual forum?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Thread Information