Thread: [Lincoln, RI] $5 Weekly Legacy every Tuesday starting August 5th! UNLIMITED PROXY!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

[Lincoln, RI] $5 Weekly Legacy every Tuesday starting August 5th! UNLIMITED PROXY!

Tuesday Weekly Legacy!

101 Higginson Ave, #111
    Lincoln, RI 02865
    (401) 312-3407
    DHGRI.com and Facebook.com/DHGRI

Hello! Starting on Tuesday August 5th Die Hard Games [Lincoln, RI] will offer weekly legacy at 7:30pm for just $5! This event will be UNLIMITED PROXIES offering the chance for anyone to partake in a great format. Prizes will include duals/fetches and a host of other Legacy goodies on a weekly basis all based on attendance.

We are currently closed on Tuesdays but starting in August are re-opening and hope to make this a weekly staple. This format is identical to our Modern Mondays, which has taken off and is now a staple weekly. After 4 rounds of swiss we will payout based on attendance at least the top 4 and that will grow based on attendance. Duals and Fetches can be included in the prize pools, as well as a host of other staples.

Exact prizes will be completely based on attendance, but if we can draw 16+ players weekly the prize pools will far exceed the money i take in

Hopefully this will get off the ground weekly as unlimited proxies will enable anyone who wanted to play Legacy to try it out.

There will be more updates on this in the near future but we are proud to announce the return of weekly legacy at DHG and hope you'll join us!

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Re: [Lincoln, RI] $5 Weekly Legacy every Tuesday starting August 5th! UNLIMITED PROX

We've had A TON of interest in our upcoming Tuesday Legacy and I can say with confidence attendance will be solid!

I expect to give away duals on many occassions, but obviously this is all attendance based. I have tons of modern/legacy staples I will be inserting into the prize pool weekly even at 8 players, but I expect to give away duals at 20 or more players on a weekly basis because interest has been very high!

The events will not be sanctioned because of proxies, but still follow casual REL guidelines and have multiple judges on site. I believe unlimited proxies will be a great way for players to enjoy the format who cannot regularly play it because of the cost barrier, which is a significant amount of players in my store's area.

Obviously my hope is Legacy will grow and people will want to consider investing into the format, but at worst it will give people a chance who normally wouldn't play.

We sincerely hope you'll join us every Tuesday starting August 5th

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Re: [Lincoln, RI] $5 Weekly Legacy every Tuesday starting August 5th! UNLIMITED PROX

Starting this TU! Lots of goodies planned to be given away

Regular prizes in rotation will include duals, fetches and swag foils! This will all be attendance based, but I believe we will be getting big turnouts based on the interest we've had so far due to the structure of unlimited proxies!

The emphasis on these events despite the big prizes will be fun, so we hope you come join us starting this and every Tuesday!

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

2 of these are now in the books and we had 8 players both times, which I'm fine with since we just re-opened on Tuesdays and people still don't know about the nutty prizes I give on a weekly basis

So far over 2 weeks prizes have included: Foil Standstill, Foil Delver, Phyrexian Dreadnought, Foil Cabal Therapy, Reset, Foil Scavenging Ooze and Foil Bridge from Below. I pay to at least top 4 every week after 3 rounds, making for a very quick and fun event with very good value for just $5.

Proxies have gone over very well and many players only use a handful.

My hope is this grows format. So far we've had new players each week that I've never seen before so that's always a good sign.

Sincerely hope you'll join us on Tuesdays for our weekly Legacy!

- Dave

P.S. just added our next Buncha Duals on Sat 9/13! Unlimited Seas and Tabernacle!

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

Week 3 is in the books and we had 10 players! Top finishing decks last week were 12 post and Sneak'N'Show. Prizes were very good (in my unbiased opinion ) and included True-Name Nemesis, Goblin Piledriver, Earthcraft, Cunning Wish, Goblin Welder, Foreign Green Suns's Zenith and Gemstone Mine.

We are steadily creeping into double digit players, which means bigger prizes!

For $5 and unlimited proxy you can play literally anything you want and there is great value in this fast and fun event.

Hope to see you next Tu!

- Dave

Sep 2006
    www.dhgri.com

These were last night's prizes. Getting bigger every week! Had 14 players

Hope to see you next Tuesday!

- Dave

Thread Information