Thread: Identity Crisis (AKA Josh Stuff)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Identity Crisis (AKA Josh Stuff)

Threw together a pile of cards because why not. It is essentially just a 4 color good stuff deck of my favorite cards, but tonight I played it, and it was surprisingly not terrible.

4 Death rite Shaman
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Wild Nacatl
    3 Bloodbraid Elf
    2 Daybreak Ranger
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    2 Life from the Loam
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Vindicate
    3 Swords to Plowshares
    1 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
    2 Lingering Souls
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Mox Diamond

4 Marsh Flats
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bloodtsained Mire
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    3 Scrubland
    1 Plateau
    1 Badlands
    1 Taiga
    1 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Forest
    3 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    1 Choke
    2 Loxodon Smiter
    2 Ancient Grudge
    1 Engineered Explosives
    2 Slaughter Games
    2 Red Blast
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Zealous Persecution

Feel free to rip into this pile. I think so far the lack of reach outside of Deathrite is the worst, but I don't think I want to add in Bolts unless I up the red count. Also the Fetches are sub-par due to what I own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Re: Identity Crisis (AKA Josh Stuff)

Wild Nacatls, singleton Mox Diamond, Loams, and Lingering Souls seem random. If you want to be Junk+Red for a bunch of different toolbox creatures, maybe go with a Fauna Shaman or Congregation at Dawn engine? Congregate for BBE, some creature, BBE or something like Shriekmaw, BBE, SFM. Fauna Shaman with the singleton Squee and Punishing Fire? Jam some Knights (then a Loam would make a little more sense)?

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I like the fauna shaman idea. Yeah it's definitely loose. If I go the shaman route, I think I'd want vines.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Went 3-1-1 tonight with the list above. Short report:

Round 1: Dredge
    Game 1 he takes down fairly quickly off of a decent hand. Game 2 he mulls a bit and Wild Nacatls plus RIP get there. Game 3 was similar. Thoughtseize takes something while Nacatl and RIP finish the Job.

1-0

Round 2: Miracles
    Game 1 he takes it down even though I grind him down. I have him down to 11 off of Nacatls by T3, but he find a terminus and I get him to 5, but I lack a way to finish the job. Game 2 I thoughtseize Top on the play, and I get to slaughter games his Terminus allowing me to over extend without worry. Game 3 is a tough grindy game. He gets CB lock, but I get a pridemage through. I attack with him at 4 with Pridemage and Nacatl. He casts Snapcaster (with STP in the yard), I blow up the CB with pride mage, red blast snapcaster, unfortunately he fetches and finds a terminus to wipe my nacatl, I was unable to find the last 3 points of damage :/

1-1

Round 3: UB Tezzerator
    Game 1 I get Bob going and Bob plus Nacatl slap him around while I am able to keep him on the back foot. Game 2 he opens on Leyline of the Void. He keeps me at bay a bit, then Transmute Artifacts for Helm to kill me. Game 3 he keeps a hand that opens on double Leyline, but has the ability to T2 activate Helm. Luckily I have Thoughtseize to take the helm, and Wild Nacatl plus Decays and vindicate keep his lock pieces off of the board.

2-1

Round 4: Explorer Ramp

We ID'd, but Nedleeds smashed my anus with Deeds and sun titans. It was never close either game.

2-1-1

Top 8: Deadguy
    A local guy that was trying out my Deadguy list that I T8'd with with a few changes. Game 1 he grinds me out with Souls and Liliana and Bob runs away with the game for him. Game 2 we trade resources for a bit, but I believe at some point he plays Jitte when I have pridemage on board, and I kill it and I think Sorin runs away with the game helping me stabilize after he has a lingering souls hitting me to 4. Game 3, he mulls to 5, but my hand is 2 lands and very susceptible to wasteland. I kill his bob, but he wastes both of my lands. He finds SFM for BSkull, but I find multiple lands and Grudge the skull after he puts it in and I cast a bunch of bloodbraids and after he finds a souls and flashes it back to my board of two souls and 2 bloodbraids, I have the ZP in hand for the epic blow out.

3-1-1

The deck seemed good. Loam was pretty horrible. Spirit of the Lab was alright. Daybreak was actually really good vs Deadguy. At one point he killed his liliana and I had to choose between Smiter and Daybreak, but Daybreak was doing work for me. I think cutting the loams and the diamond are probably right. Might cut the Spirits of the Lab as well though they were alright vs Jace and Thirst for Knowledge from Tezzeret. May add in a third pridemage and maybe 2 bolts? Red sources are tight.

Thread Information