Thread: $1500 Decks

$1500 Decks

I have come into some money recently, as the title would suggest I have about $1500 to spend on legacy over the next couple months and I would like to get a new deck. I currently have MUD built and my main staples are play sets of the sol lands and wastelands. I would prefer decks that use a completely different list of staples so I could easily loan out one deck or the other at a moments notice, though I am open to other sol land decks if possible, I do know that wasteland is in just about every non combo deck so overlap isn't the biggest deal, most of my friends already own decks of their own so the ability to loan isn't huge, this is mainly just me wanting another deck to play. I would also prefer decks that are more consistent than MUD, which probably means something tier 1 that I can move to, or just more consistent 1.5 decks that don't see much play for various reasons (like maverick). Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: $1500 Decks

Fish, Burn, Dredge, this whole thread. 1500 is a touch under a deck these days if you plan to go blue. With it you can build Painter with the lands you have, but that kills the lend out idea. Other than that, good competative decks you are quite limited by recent price incresses. I would personally look at just getting some lands and from there building your decks. Once you have the costly cards, the rest is just a bit of time since you only need to find the cheaper ones.

Personally though, if you must build a full deck, I would look at Elves. It is about the price your looking at and it is a hell of a lot of fun to kick around. After Painter it is by far the deck I have the most fun with.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Say no to creatures.

May 2013

Shit, $1500 used to be ANT. Losing touch with the market.
    Legacy: Rituals
    Vintage: Drains

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Deadguy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Imperial Painter with the white splash is very funny and powerfull, and uses seven sol lands. R/G Lands is still a good and funny deck. You can even try a BUG POD. The last two decks cost a little more than $1500.

I think you can put most Nic-Fit builds in the 1500$ radar. Let see for the jund list:

therapies 35$
    zeniths 25$
    green fetchable creatures ~ 70$
    abrupt decays (3x) 30$
    deeds (3x) 30$
    grove of the burnwillows (set)120$
    4 duals (2x bayou, taiga, badlands) ~ 350$
    6 Fetchalnds (4x verdant catacombs, 2x foohills) ~250$
    voltrath's stronghold 20$
    phyrexian tower 15$
    sensei's divining top (3x) 40$
    liliana of the veil (3x) ~ 190$
    other miscelaneuos stuff (random thoughtseizes, blasts, punishing fires, sb stuf..) ~ 100$

so for about 1300-1500$ you get a really cool, interesteing, interactive, grindy deck that's really a blast to play and was even in deck to beat section for some times, but in all honesty it gravitates towards Tier 1,5.

I myself had quit a bit of scuess with this deck.
    Last edited by Mr Miagi; 07-04-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Find your field of interest, then start investing. While playing your MUD list on tournaments you will see and learn how other decks play. I suppose thats how you will find what you would wish to play.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I Agree with MR Miagi. Nic Fit is a fun and deceptively powerful deck that has a whole lot if flexibility
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Honestly, I recommend investing in staples. Things such as dual lands, Force of Will, SOL Lands and old powerful critters (depending on your playstyle and what you're wanting to build) are where you should invest your money. Most decks are a bulk of the cost in a couple of cards, or the land base, and then the other cards are somewhere between $0.25-$15 at the most. If you pick up the money cards you need for the archetypes/playstyles that you prefer and then slowly as you have spare monies invest into the cheaper cards, you'll have more than one deck and you'll set yourself up to have a better collection overall.

Things like fetches are going to be reprinted at some point and if cost is a primary concern to you can be picked up down the road as time goes on. Just my personal recommendation.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

D&T is a bit under 1800$ if you're willing to invest a bit more. It's a T1 deck with a higher consistency than MUD, it's very fun to play and also very rewarding once you get the hang of it.

Given that you already have the Wastelands, it would be less than 1400$, but there's the Wasteland overlap as far as lending out decks is concerned.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Zoo!

You can probably put that Mono-Green 12-Post list that John Kassari's gotten a few finishes with at SCG Legacy Opens together for less than $1500.

Thread Information