Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did Burn kill Zoo?

Re: Did Burn kill Zoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rood View Post
    I can't even remember the last time I saw somebody playing a Zoo deck. There came a point where it was pretty potent during the Merfolk era but those days have long since passed. I think stoneforge put a pretty serious hurting on this deck. Everybody also started playing Threshold after Delver got printed which smashes Zoo.
    Maybe I'm horribly wrong, but I thought Zoo was actually pretty good against RUG Delver? I mean, obviously RUG Delver is better on the whole when examining its good/bad matchups compared to Zoo's good/bad matchups, but I thought that when matched up together, Zoo had the advantage.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Maybe I'm horribly wrong, but I thought Zoo was actually pretty good against RUG Delver? I mean, obviously RUG Delver is better on the whole when examining its good/bad matchups compared to Zoo's good/bad matchups, but I thought that when matched up together, Zoo had the advantage.
    Zoo is favored against RUG Delver, but the latter still has nut draws that can beat any deck in the format.

Oct 2012
    Italy

I experience the same feeling as a goblins player. Well , weaknesses are a bit different than zoo because the massive card advantage of goblins don't really care about terminus, so terminus is more problematic for zoo. But i believe the main problem is true name nemesis.
    Stoneforge into batterskull is good but you know, kill stoneforge or destroy batterskull. Wrath your board at the cost of W is good, but you know you can race miracles with a combination of creatures/burn spells (or be resilient to it like goblins). But what are you gonna do when on turn three progenitus comes down making every non flying creature unable to attack ?

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCop 90 View Post
    But what are you gonna do when on turn three progenitus comes down making every non flying creature unable to attack ?

TNN against a bunch of goblins will lose that race. In any other situation where Goblins isn't swarming that TNN could be a Goyf and you still cant attack into it. Same problem you described against TNN. Batterskull, however needs to be addressed as it gains 4 life while making blocks and attacks gaining 4 life. If Batterskull is outnumbered Goblins cant profitably swing in. And it can remove TNN, Goblins can Matron for Edict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Thread Information