Thread: what's good vs Oath combo?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

what's good vs Oath combo?

Hey guys,

I'm playing some Vintage tomorrow at my LGS and expecting to face a lot of Oath combo. As I haven't decided on a deck to bring yet, what is a good deck versus it?

Re: what's good vs Oath combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Teluin View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm playing some Vintage tomorrow at my LGS and expecting to face a lot of Oath combo. As I haven't decided on a deck to bring yet, what is a good deck versus it?
    I'm not an expert, but I figured any answer is better than none. If you are playing against burning oath then shops might be a good deck to play, also landstill is pretty strong against burning oath and oath control too.

Hope that helps a little.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

This may be different for the combo versions of Oath, but I always thought Oath was supposed to have a positive matchup vs MUD in general due to the very nature of MUD being a higher density creature deck which makes it easier on Oath to start triggering.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2013

Thanks. I don't own Workshops so it won't be MUD, but I have the cards for any U-based decks. I can look into UR Landsti - just thought I'd ask since I don't have a lot of spare time this weekend.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

I'd guess some sort of combo deck like TPS or Doomsday would be pretty good vs Oath.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Maybe bomberman? I guess trinket mage package may be good agaisnt oath.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Merfolk is surprisingly good vs Oath. Often, you can beat him down to below 7 before the first Oath activation, so when he Oaths Griselbrand to play he can't activate him, and can't afford to wait an extra turn to swing because your critters have islandwalk. G1 keep a hand with countermagic and usually you can expect to counter their value spells. G2/3 you have access to 4 Cages from the board... Misstep, Null Rod and 5x Waste effects are very good against them, too.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Against combo oath?

RUG Delver eats it for breakfast and spits it out afterwards.

Thread Information