Thread: Legacy in/near Charlottesville, VA

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Legacy in/near Charlottesville, VA

I may find myself there for a period. Any events going on?

Re: Legacy in/near Charlottesville, VA

Charlottesville has 'The End' right off 29. About 45 minutes north on 29 is Culpeper and they have Comics and Gaming which has been drawing a lot of people for their events.

comics and gaming has locations from Gainesville north all the way to Delaware. The one in Fairfax has a great scene for standard and I hear the modern is good, but they're growing their legacy right now, so the events at ffx are proxies-allowed. Gainesville I think is just no-proxy legacy, and there are several strong players who occasionally attend that location. I haven't heard anything about legacy at their Culpeper location, good/bad/existence of. I DO strongly recommend you support their chain as they've been doing a great job of growing the player community around their stores (making up copies of the Duels of the Planeswalkers decks to have on-hand for walk-ins with questions, etc) and they run a very positive operation in terms of cleanliness, good staff, and support of local gaming.

There are a few of us who play legacy in Charlottesville. People typically meet up on Thursdays at The End to run some games. The local magic community changes every fall with the students coming back to UVA. There have been times where we had around 12-16 people playing legacy to now I think there are 4-8 of us.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

Many thanks for the responses. All sounds great, if I end up there in the new year.

Thread Information