Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander 2014 thread

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Re: Commander 2014 thread

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    You can't. Blightsteel has that "can't be reanimated" clause :(
    Oh right, it's not done like Emrakul. That's okay. I'll just reanimate Emrakul instead! :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    I could see potential in BR reanimator. My favorite potential thing to do with this would be to bring back a Blightsteel but that's 100% magical Christmas land.
    While Blightsteel doesn't work, one could bring back Emrakul for shit and jiggles.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see the new page.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Feldon is back!

is no one questioning why red gets a reanimation spell? red has never had one...let alone a really good one like this. The closes thing is goblin welder and welder is only artifacts, and thus consistent with red's color wheel.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Flavour wise it is not reanimating. It is more like creating a constructed copy of the blueprint laying dead in the graveyard. The image kind of reminds me to i-robot :-/
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Flavour wise it is not reanimating. It is more like creating a constructed copy of the blueprint laying dead in the graveyard. The image kind of reminds me to i-robot :-/
    copying a permanent is a blue ability

copy artifact
    clone
    phyrexian metamorph
    cleaver impersonator

copying a spell is a red ability

fork
    Chandra, the Firebrand
    Pyromancer Ascension

of the red cards that do copy creatures three are maybe 3

heat shimmer
    kiki jiki
    splinter twin

none of which involve graveyard. In fact only one card comes to mind when thinking about graveyard, and red, and that is past in flame, but that only applies to instant / sorcery.

The point I'm trying to make is that red is getting access to something it never has previously been able to do.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Toys from the war? I am interested in where this all goes. As for his effect, from memory he stripped the stone from his creation and let it rest. It's flavourful and true to his character but against much of the pie. Also he should have been Red/White. I dislike that the solid coloured set idea.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

bruizar

@Apple: Does it even matter anymore? How many competitive mono-colored decks exist? Death & Taxes is one... Even elves (and goblins, back when it was good) is multicolor nowadays. The only deck that can afford to run 1 color besides Death & Taxes is perhaps a high tide variant since true control long departed from mono-colors. People place too much emphasis on spilling the color pie; as if dual lands and fetch have yet to be invented. Also, the effect may be new in the sense that red can interact with non-artifact creatures in the graveyard, but it's not that distant from some of its other cards. It's not like red can't recur its stuff or interact with the graveyard...

Artifacts.
    Trash for Treasure
    Goblin Welder
    Slag Fiend

But also on instants and sorceries.

Recoup
    Past in Flames

What about burn?
    Hammer of Bogardan
    Punishing Fire

Or recurring phoenixes, a theme that's been around since legends?
    Firestorm Phoenix
    Ashcloud Phoenix
    Chandra's Phoenix
    Firewing Phoenix
    Kuldotha Phoenix
    Magma Phoenix
    Shard Phoenix
    Shivan Phoenix
    Worldheart Phoenix

Mar 2007

People complain about red pseudo-reanimation? Really?

Feldon is certainly more in line with the color pie than TNN, even when several abilities are just mashed up together.

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    People complain about red pseudo-reanimation? Really?
    Feldon is certainly more in line with the color pie than TNN, even when several abilities are just mashed up together.
    If only we had a "like" button...

He made a Golem of his wife which makes the card a great look back at 20 year old magic history.
    Game wise he is just a twist on Kiki-Jiki that targets graveyard not in play; seems fine to me.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

bruizar

I've been eye-balling cavern of souls on artificer for quiet a while now. I really wish this card was more competitive, especially given its importance to magic history..

I've had my eyes on it ever since Stoneforge Mystic, Goblin Welder, Arcum Dagsson.

Recent artificers include the new Feldon Muzzio, Visionary Architect, Flamewright, Splicers & Smiths, Master Transmuter, Mishra, Artificer Prodigy, Shattergang Brothers, Sydri, Galvanic Genius.

Unfortunately, these are all just not competitive enough. I like Mishra, Artificer Prodigy though. It's a great engine with Sensei's Divining Top (Play SDT, put an extra SDT into play; tap both SDTs to draw a card + SDT, replay SDT; rinse repeat. Also ignores Counterspells for all your artifacts since the effect goes on the stack regardless of SDT resolving. This allows you to grab the countered SDT straight from your graveyard. Essentially it reads 1: Draw a card, artifacts cannot be countered.)

Using Feldon to copy Arcum Dagsson or Goblin Welder seems like it could be cute, probably not that great though.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Using Feldon to copy Arcum Dagsson or Goblin Welder seems like it could be cute, probably not that great though.
    I've actually been experimenting with an Arcum list (mono-U and UR with Dack Fayden). I like the subtle interaction of Feldon with Arcum Daggson.
    Feldon copy a countered Arcum Daggson, making him haste & artifact.
    Arcum Daggson sacrifices itself for Possessed Portal.
    Following turn: Feldon reanimates Arcum again. Arcum Daggson sacrifices itself for Spine of Ish-Sah
    Following turn: Spine of Ish-Sah sacrifices itself to Possessed Portal, returns to hand. Feldon reanimates Arcum again. Grabs a threat, or something to feed Portal.
    Following turn: Spine of Ish-Sah is hardcast or discards itself to Possessed Portal if not enough mana. Feldon reanimates Arcum again. Grabs a threat, or something to feed Portal.

bruizar

I'd try something along these lines

ARCUM SLAVER
    Bombs 3
    1x Spine of Ish Sah
    1x Possessed Portal
    1x Wurmcoil Engine
    Planeswalkers 3
    3x Dack Fayden
    Tinkers 5
    3x Arcum Dagsson
    2x Feldon of the Third Path
    Creatures 10
    3x Phyrexian Revoker
    4x Baleful Strix
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    1x Vendilion Clique
    Disruption 2
    1x Chains of Mephistopheles
    1x Liquimetal Coating
    Draw 4
    4x Brainstorm
    Permisson 8
    2x Pyroblast
    3x Force of Will
    3x Thoughtseize
    Removal 4
    3x Lightning Bolt
    1x Sudden Shock
    Total 39

Land
    3x Polluted Delta
    3x Scalding Tarn
    3x Volcanic Island
    3x Underground Sea
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x Mishra’s Factory
    1x Academy Ruins
    1x Island
    Total Land 21

Sideboard:
    1 Electrickery
    2 Sudden Shock
    1 Darksteel Forge or Mycosynth Lattice or another bomb
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Chains of Mephistopheles
    2 Pyroblast / Red Elemental Blast
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Dreadbore
    3 Blood Moon

SCD
    - Chains of Mephistopheles shuts down Treasure Cruises and Brainstorms. It turns Dack Fayden into +1 Hymn to Tourach. These two reasons warrant its inclusion imo. It could also be replaced for Notion Thief, depending on how you like your curve and if you want to live the dream of blowing out your opponent's treasure cruises or turning Dack Fayden into a Night's Whisper + Hymn to Tourach.

- Vendilion Clique in the graveyard can lock out your opponent's draws with Feldon.

- Baleful Strix is a powerful role-player. It cantrips, defends Dack Fayden, tinkers with Arcum and copies, and defends and provides card advantage with Feldon.

- Snapcaster Mage with Feldon allow you to flashback your value spells such as Pyroblasts and Lightning Bolts.

- Feldon can protect Dack Fayden by throwing a dude in front of Dack. Back Fayden's +1 fuels Feldon.

- Wurmcoil Engine can be copied with Feldon but also tinkered away with Arcum 3 times, grabbing spine. The life gain can be relevant. Not 100% sure about Wurmcoil Engine though.

- Cavern of Souls + Mishra's Factory allow you to cast Arcum Daggson through counters, tinkering the uncounterable artifact creature Mishra's Factory.

- Phyrexian Revoker is there too combat Deathrite Shaman, Sensei's Divining Top, Grindstone, Grim Lavamancer etcetera. Also likes to get tinkered.

- Liquimetal Coating turns Dack Fayden into a thief. It also turns Arcum Daggson into a murderer.

- Sudden Shock is there for Delver of Secrets, but Lightning Bolt is still more versatile hence the 3-1 split.

- Thoughtseize clears the way and provides further safety with Snapcaster Mage.
    Last edited by bruizar; 10-25-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I'd try something along these lines
    - Vendilion Clique in the graveyard can lock out your opponent's draws with Feldon.

- Baleful Strix is a powerful role-player. It cantrips, defends Dack Fayden, tinkers with Arcum and copies, and defends and provides card advantage with Feldon.
    I think playing a bunch of 'enters the battlefield' creatures like Ravenous Rats/Corrupt Court Official might work better. Of course Balthor the Defiled is probably a better fit for that.

Glad someone mentioned Trash for Treasure.

Felton in Red kind of reminds me of Red homelands Legenda which I feel is appropriate. Reanimation aside, red had been the next closest color, besides blue, to have control over artifacts. I approve.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I'm not one for screwing up the color wheel as a means to an end, but I fail to see any issue with Feldon.

Everything about it is an aspect of something Red could already do anyway; it can dig artifacts out of the yard, it can play creatures for a significant discount if they are to be exiled/sacrificed at end of turn... Feldon is the half-way point between Sneak Attack and Goblin Welder, and arguably far less easy to abuse barring a multi-card combo. So what is the problem?

This dude is fantastic. Maybe not as potent as the aforementioned cards, but uniquely capable as a one-card reanimator deck. Would love to throw Nicol Bolas at the opponent once a turn every turn, but that's kid shit - clearly it needs to be one of the big hitters, even if it requires a stack trick or something to toss out there (for example, Emrakul - its shuffling trigger is not a replacement effect, it doesn't say "instead", meaning it can be responded to).

In fact, it's kind of a funny follow-up to a Sneak Attack, right - as if it weren't enough to throw a huge beater at the opponent the one time, Feldon would let you attack with a copy of the sacrificed dude again and again. I like it.

If nothing else it will probably find a home in my Sedris EDH deck. Because I will definitely be trying to Nicol Bolas all the faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    I'm not one for screwing up the color wheel as a means to an end, but I fail to see any issue with Feldon.

Everything about it is an aspect of something Red could already do anyway; it can dig artifacts out of the yard, it can play creatures for a significant discount if they are to be exiled/sacrificed at end of turn... Feldon is the half-way point between Sneak Attack and Goblin Welder, and arguably far less easy to abuse barring a multi-card combo. So what is the problem?

This dude is fantastic. Maybe not as potent as the aforementioned cards, but uniquely capable as a one-card reanimator deck. Would love to throw Nicol Bolas at the opponent once a turn every turn, but that's kid shit - clearly it needs to be one of the big hitters, even if it requires a stack trick or something to toss out there (for example, Emrakul - its shuffling trigger is not a replacement effect, it doesn't say "instead", meaning it can be responded to).

In fact, it's kind of a funny follow-up to a Sneak Attack, right - as if it weren't enough to throw a huge beater at the opponent the one time, Feldon would let you attack with a copy of the sacrificed dude again and again. I like it.

If nothing else it will probably find a home in my Sedris EDH deck. Because I will definitely be trying to Nicol Bolas all the faces.
    How about recycling fatties in Big Red?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Glad someone mentioned Trash for Treasure.

Felton in Red kind of reminds me of Red homelands Legenda which I feel is appropriate. Reanimation aside, red had been the next closest color, besides blue, to have control over artifacts. I approve.
    I would argue that White, not Red has more control over Artifacts. Red is got at breaking them, not do much controlling them.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

bruizar

Lion's Eye Diamond totally loves this card if you can give Feldon haste reliably. Hall of the Bandit Lord & Cavern of Souls perhaps.

Site Contributor
    Jul 2010
    Gig Harbor, WA

New Planeswalker:

I'm really liking the -2 ability to make Demons, even if it does cost 5 to cast.

Thread Information