Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander 2014 thread

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Commander 2014 thread

Seeing as Khans has its own thread and it only has one card, here's a thread for commander.

So far only a crappy planeswalker

Teferi, Temporal Archmage 4UU
    Planeswalker - Teferi
    +1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.
    -1: Untap up to four target permanents.
    -10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant."
    Tefri, Temporal Archmage can be your commander.
    Loyalty 5

Dec 2011
    Norway

Re: Commander 2014 thread

Could this Planeswalker be useful in High Tide? Untap Islands with High Tide, untap Candles? (I honestly have no idea, I have never played High Tide.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    Could this Planeswalker be useful in High Tide? Untap Islands with High Tide, untap Candles? (I honestly have no idea, I have never played High Tide.)
    Really funny that Jace at 6 CMC would be better than this^^ I think it is completely fine to print a non blue PW that has the same powerlevel as Jace in Commander 2014. But i doubt they'll do it. Even Jace is too bad in Commander. At least that's what i heard, i don't play and like Commander.
    TheRiedl on Magic Online

About Magic Online:

I can play legacy whenever I want. Cardboard has no value. Data has no value. My time and enjoyment has high value to me. More legacy = more fun. Buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    When Obilivion Ring is said to be an equivalent counterpiece to Red Elemental Blast in regards to Show and Tell and Jace, you know all is lost.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Seeing as Khans has its own thread and it only has one card, here's a thread for commander.

So far only a crappy planeswalker

Teferi, Temporal Archmage 4UU
    Planeswalker - Teferi
    +1: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the other on the bottom of your library.
    -1: Untap up to four target permanents.
    -10: You get an emblem with "You may activate loyalty abilities of planeswalkers you control on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant."
    Tefri, Temporal Archmage can be your commander.
    Loyalty 5
    I hadn't realized it at first, but that ult is really interesting in EDH. The planeswalkers rules say you can activate once per turn. If you're in, say, a 4 person game, your Jace could be at 13 the first time that you untap with him in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Jan 2014
    Berlin, Germany

Hello,

maybe its odd but why is a 2 Mana planeswalker which makes Jace Brainstorm instantspeed
    and gives you a significant resouce Advantage in Mana so ba? Jeah he is kin of slow not that this matters
    in control Decks but when he hist the table he actually makes profit in the same turn because you can untap 4 of the used
    lands with his ability
    and then he helps with Libary manipulation and with the emlem you can cast all of the abilities one more time because you can cast them in the
    opponents turn as well.

So if you just concider effiency and and expect longer Games were you get to 6 Mana regularly he should be pretty good when your resoucres
    like counter or removal get scarer every turn.

Best Regards Teveshszat

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Because you need him to survive 5 rounds around the table before the ultimate and before you can go bonkers with other plansewalkers? Till then . . . it's just expensive card draw.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    I don't think High Tide wants to spend six mana for a Turnabout.

Dec 2011
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    I don't think High Tide wants to spend six mana for a Turnabout.
    Yeah, I buy that. Hopefully at least one of the five new planeswalkers in Commander 2014 will be playable in legacy (each of the five 2014 Commander decks will have a new planeswalker as general, according to Maro).

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Dont think of him as a Turnabout. Think of him as Palinchron...
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

Dec 2011
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    I can envision Teferi untapping Mana Vault, Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, etc quite often in EDH.

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Astral Cornucopia
    Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
    Gilded lotus
    Teferi's isle

High Tide
    Extraplanar Lens
    Gauntlet of power
    Caged sun

Rings of Brighthearth

i was thinking of bouncing him, but... if you can sacrifice a permanent, you can cast him from command zone with extra 2 mana per each cycle... but if the combo can produce 3 extra mana per cycle... :)

Edit
    I would not be surprised if he will be banned as a commander after all :)
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Teveshszat View Post
    Hello,

maybe its odd but why is a 2 Mana planeswalker which makes Jace Brainstorm instantspeed
    and gives you a significant resouce Advantage in Mana so ba? Jeah he is kin of slow not that this matters
    in control Decks but when he hist the table he actually makes profit in the same turn because you can untap 4 of the used
    lands with his ability
    and then he helps with Libary manipulation and with the emlem you can cast all of the abilities one more time because you can cast them in the
    opponents turn as well.

So if you just concider effiency and and expect longer Games were you get to 6 Mana regularly he should be pretty good when your resoucres
    like counter or removal get scarer every turn.

Best Regards Teveshszat
    Because he costs six, not two.

Best regards, IBA
    For my confessions, they burned me with fire/
    And found I was for endurance made

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    That seems considerably less accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    That seems considerably less accurate.
    Indeed. His -1 would read, "Untap X target Candelabra of Tawnos, then, if X is less than four, untap 4-X lands."

Dec 2011
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Indeed. His -1 would read, "Untap X target Candelabra of Tawnos, then, if X is less than four, untap 4-X lands."
    How about in 12-post? Untapping Cloudpost along with Candelabra sounds pretty good.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

It costs the same as Prime Time and can't protect itself so probably not.

Not a lot of six cc cards get played in Legacy, and a card whose main functional utility is an effect that has no meaning in Legacy seems not the best candidate.

Jan 2014
    Berlin, Germany

Moin,

Infamous Bear Assasin
    Because he costs six, not two.
    When does this Card costs 6 mana? I mean you cast it you untap 4 Lands and what is left are 2 tapped Mana so he actually
    costs 2 Mana when casted.
    Yes you can Counter him but actually this count for other heavy investment cards likke entreat,Jace,Natural Order etc too so
    this is a argument against him.
    His ultimate is a Game breaker with himself on its own and rediculus with Jace on the field and in addtion to that he
    is stupid strong with Karakas and provides a Preordain Option.
    He canīt protect himself yes but this should not a problem for a well builded control deck.

I donīt think you should play him 3 or 4 times but 1 or 2 copies of him seeming very soild
    to test in decks which have enough inteactions with him or want libary manipulation in
    a long term.

Best Regards Teveshszat

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

If any planeswalker is ultimating, it should be game winning. Why is that a new concept?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

The outlay on the card is six mana, untapping is a minus ability. In effect, you get nothing but diminishing returns if you are planning to use him like that.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    If any planeswalker is ultimating, it should be game winning. Why is that a new concept?
    I think with these guys, it need not be that way. You can cast them over and over, slowly pushing them up and gaining advances as you do. I am willing to bet none of the Commander Zone legal Planeswalkers will have a game ending ability.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information