Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander 2014 thread

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Re: Commander 2014 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    If it could target players too, then it would be insane.
    "INSANE" is an overstatement. Useful? Sure. Flame Rift into Impact Resonance would be twelve damage to the dome at 4cc, but I'm pretty sure that's as good as it gets unless there's a Bargain effect that deals damage instead of sucking life.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Weird that it's an equipment without an equip cost :/ I mean I get it, but it is useless on its own, even for incidental bonuses (like "this bad Cat Warrior gets +2/+2 for each Equipment attached to it" or whatever lousy thing no one is playing anyway)

I want to like it, but seeing as how it needs to have something to copy and it isn't as variable as something like Sculpting Steel (which I don't think sees any Legacy play? I don't think) I question its usefulness. It'll be a bit win-more-ish, I think - I mean if it were important to have multiple copies of good Equipment cards, wouldn't your average SFM shell already carry multiples? It similarly 'cheats' copies into play (causing them to cost instead of as this card does) but most lists are content to have just one instance of each relevant Equipment.

The Trinket Mage thing is maybe a good idea, but then it kind of begs the question as to why you don't just run SFM yourself (imo).
    so the reason Masterwork of Ingenuity is good is because you can't always just drop a bunch of batter skulls into play. But with masterwork you can.

T1 land mox -> SFM
    T2 Sol land -> batterskull masterwork masterwork.

opponent is probably conceding after that unless he has a terminus on top.even if he does, bounce masterwork to hand, and replay for 1 mana... SFM is only necessary to get original into play.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    so the reason Masterwork of Ingenuity is good is because you can't always just drop a bunch of batter skulls into play. But with masterwork you can.

T1 land mox -> SFM
    T2 Sol land -> batterskull masterwork masterwork.

opponent is probably conceding after that unless he has a terminus on top.even if he does, bounce masterwork to hand, and replay for 1 mana... SFM is only necessary to get original into play.
    So you're suggesting Batterskull Stompy where you spam Batterskulls?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    its actually something being discussed on our thread
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

bruizar

Worked for Godo MUD

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    "INSANE" is an overstatement. Useful? Sure. Flame Rift into Impact Resonance would be twelve damage to the dome at 4cc, but I'm pretty sure that's as good as it gets unless there's a Bargain effect that deals damage instead of sucking life.
    I was thinking Price of Progress you for 8, then Impact Resonance you for another 8 would be really strong. Plus there would have been some game where someone takes a hit from Emrakul and then domes them for 15.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Plus there would have been some game where someone takes a hit from Emrakul and then domes them for 15.
    Once you sac all your permanents (assuming you have less than eight), you'll have no mana to pay for Impact Resonance as you can't float mana between steps.

If it could target players too, then it would be insane.
    That would make it basically a buffed Berserk althought it does not work in Infect.

But attacking for a bunch with Tarmogoyf and then playing this to shoot a deathrite and 3 more in the face? yay..

Mar 2007

It only took them years to print this hatebear.

Sure, sucks with Aether Vial, but does alot of work against anything that wants to put creatures into play. Also makes creatures permanently go away in combination with Flickerwisp.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

Alright, gonna ask the question any rules-idiot is going to ask: what happens if your opponent resolves Show and Tell, with them playing Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and you play Containment Priest?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Finally, the S&T hatebear we've all been waiting for. I realize that this has flash, but does it also interact favorably with being put in with S&T by exiling itself as well as your opponent's creature?

EDIT: Got ninja'd.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Nice, so what does this hit? (sorry, just finished a hard week @ work and a bit brainfucked) Sneak Attack, Show and Tell, all Reanimaton, GSZ, Natural Order, Aether Vial, anything I'm missing?

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon View Post
    Alright, gonna ask the question any rules-idiot is going to ask: what happens if your opponent resolves Show and Tell, with them playing Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and you play Containment Priest?
    IIRC Show and Tell'd stuff all enters play simultaneously so the Containment Priest ability isn't active when Cthulhu enters the battlefield.

So it hoses Dredge and Show strategies. Not bad for Death n Taxes decks as a sideboard or even maindeck option.

Legacy Vagabond
    Dec 2007
    Cheshire, CT

UHHHHH Hmmm, just thought of this.

If you flash this in response to Natural Order slash Green Sun's Zenith against Elves, since Containment Priest's exile clause is a replacement effect, will Craterhoof Behemoth being searched for not only exile itself, but since the replacement effect prevents it from entering the battlefield, does that mean Choof's ETB never triggers?

May 2011
    Dalian, China

It only took them years to print this hatebear.

Sure, sucks with Aether Vial, but does alot of work against anything that wants to put creatures into play. Also makes creatures permanently go away in combination with Flickerwisp.
    That card does a whole lot of work. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in boards from UWR/Miracles/DNT(main?) and others at the GP

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Full commander list was spoiled, we got an anti-reanimate/SnT/Oath 1W 2/2 creature with flash. SB i guess.
    Red list has Welder, Flametongue Kavu, Daretti, Dualcaster, Faithless looting etc... it's total value.

Also volcanic offering is insane. It's 4R for destroy 2 nonbasic lands and 2 creatures you don't control. Sure you choose only 1 target of the two, but still, it's like a one-sided wildfire for 4R.

Then Green got a 2G enchant permanent that transform the enchanted permanent in a forest.

Solemn simulacrum and all medallion got reprinted. Not sure they hold any value. SKullclamp got reprinted. Spine of Ish Sah, Myr Battlesphere, Wurmcoil Engine, Steel Hellkite, Pentavus, Nevinyrral disk, Bosh, Bog, The Karoo cycle of lands all got reprinted too.

Red deck is best value imho.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Also volcanic offering is insane. It's 4R for destroy 2 nonbasic lands and 2 creatures you don't control. Sure you choose only 1 target of the two, but still, it's like a one-sided wildfire for 4R.
    As I read it, they can target the same permanent you chose.

So what are the things that Containment Priest hoses in this format, exactly?

Sneak n Show:
    - Show and Tell
    - Sneak Attack

Dredge:
    - Ichorid
    - Narcomoeba

Reanimator:
    - Reanimate
    - Exhume
    - Show and Tell
    - Animate Dead

Elves:
    - Green Sun's Zenith
    - Natural Order

Vial Decks (Goblins, Death N Taxes):
    - AEther Vial

BUG Shardless:
    - Any creature that would be played off a Cascade trigger (Tarmogoyf/Dark Confidant coming into play after Shardless Agent)

Nic Fit:
    - Chord of Calling (not played much but still)
    - Birthing Pod (again, not seen often but in a handful of Nic Fit decks)

Anything significant I'm missing here?

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

JUDGE!

How does Containment Priest interact with Dryad Arbor? Both when fetched and when played as a land for the turn?
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Thread Information