Thread: The Source Secret Santa 2020 End of the World edition

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

The Source Secret Santa 2020 End of the World edition

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, here comes our annual little dumpster fire!

For those unfamiliar here is how we get it to work in the past:

Step 1: Express interest in participating in this thread. Expressing interest elsewhere is also fine, but will go unnoticed.
    Step 2: If we gather enough people we'll set up a proper go at it. We need a deadline, so let's make it Monday 11/23.
    Step 3: Participants will PM basic shipping info for themselves, your willingness to ship international if able, and most importantly your budget you will be gifting. Not including these things will also make you not included in the event.
    Step 4: I will match up similar budgets and shipping locales and send out info Wednesday 11/25. Hopefully stores are doing Black Friday deals and we can all benefit.
    Step 5: If December actually arrives, ship your stuff out sooner than later. We've had our share of customs nightmares here, plan responsibly.
    Step 6: Post braggy pictures! Nothing is worse than sending out some sweet stuff only to have your recipient go radio silent. Show off your goods!

Highly recommended to include to your recipient are good alters, bad alters, booze, awful alters, chocolate, booze & other merriments as appropriate.
    Some of my most prized cards have come though this, let us keep the spirit alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Re: The Source Secret Santa 2020 End of the World edition

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, here comes our annual little dumpster fire!

For those unfamiliar here is how we get it to work in the past:

Step 1: Express interest in participating in this thread. Expressing interest elsewhere is also fine, but will go unnoticed.
    Step 2: If we gather enough people we'll set up a proper go at it. We need a deadline, so let's make it Monday 11/23.
    Step 3: Participants will PM basic shipping info for themselves, your willingness to ship international if able, and most importantly your budget you will be gifting. Not including these things will also make you not included in the event.
    Step 4: I will match up similar budgets and shipping locales and send out info Wednesday 11/25. Hopefully stores are doing Black Friday deals and we can all benefit.
    Step 5: If December actually arrives, ship your stuff out sooner than later. We've had our share of customs nightmares here, plan responsibly.
    Step 6: Post braggy pictures! Nothing is worse than sending out some sweet stuff only to have your recipient go radio silent. Show off your goods!

Highly recommended to include to your recipient are good alters, bad alters, booze, awful alters, chocolate, booze & other merriments as appropriate.
    Some of my most prized cards have come though this, let us keep the spirit alive.
    Interested!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Look at the bright side, if Legacy becomes like Vintage all of us old dudes can get together, drink whiskey, and smoke cigars while we play the gentleman's format. Like an MtG speak-easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    And the Reserved List causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their portfolios: and that no man might buy or sell cards or Chinese rip offs, save he made a post about the Reserved List or the number of its Threads: 666.

3-point-shooter

Feb 2006

Thank you, PirateKing!
    Will attend this year, and send you a PM soon!
    On the Sep 2011 Ban List Updates,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Yep DCI/Wizards never fails... those that cry the loudest wins!

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Well... deadline has kind of come and gone, and it's not a whole lot to show.
    Sad to say this year might be the year that we bust.
    We could wait longer and hopefully get some latecomers, but then purchasing & shipping on time was always difficult, let alone on a condensed schedule.
    Anybody have any ideas on what to do?

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

I respectfully suggest that we table it for this year. Most of us have experienced some sort of financial strain during covid. It could be a potential bright spot to continue Secret Santa for some, but others may see it as one more burden. I'll do my best to participate next year, and even help advertise and hype it up. I'm thinking we put the word out around October 15th next year with a deadline by November 1st.

EDIT: I'm also trying to gauge interest in a trading-by-mail group here on TheSource. A network like that would give a lot of structure to future Secret Santa events, possibly even making them easier. Vote in the poll!
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

I suppose Mr Safety is correct, this will be the year that was not to be.
    Thanks to those that sent support, next year we'll just make it twice as spectacular a dumpster fire!
    Merry Christmas all.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

I totally missed this thread, otherwise I would have definitely signed up earlier. I'll be keeping a closer eye on this for next year then!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Thread Information