Thread: Red Green Land destruction Modern

Red Green Land destruction Modern

I am listing this before someone takes credit for this. I have been playing MTGO online for a while with this deck (4-5 times a day) and have never seen any variation of this deck and now
    apparently there are quite a few people playing it. In fact people have gotten annoyed at me online while playing this deck. It's wicked great against most decks in the modern format. Though It does struggle against pod lists (which as a group are probably the best decks in modern) esp with lists running 4 noble 4 birds and 2 wall of roots. You can replace shivan dragon. That is just a fun card for online play. The leatherbacks and deadbridges are boss.

The theory for you budget players is that you need to survive Goyf and outclass him. Spend your early turns destroying land and then lay a creature that can match up to him. The copious amounts of artifact destruction are for affinity and tron.

4 Birds of Paradise
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Stone Rain
    3 Mountain
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Stomping Ground
    4 Boom/Bust
    4 Molten Rain
    1 Naturalize
    3 Forest
    4 Deadbridge Goliath
    4 Leatherback Baloth
    3 Llanowar Elves
    4 Copperline Gorge
    2 Shivan Dragon
    4 Rootbound Crag
    4 Flame Slash

1 Elixir of Immortality
    3 Naturalize
    2 Magma Jet
    3 Nature's Claim
    4 Ground Seal
    2 Anger of the Gods

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: Red Green Land destruction Modern

A few things:

1. This is for legacy decks. Yours is for modern. We do have a modern sub-forum however

2. Sorry man, unfortunately the GR LD deck isn't exactly hot new tech

3. Heres a forum post from February of last year of a list I played for a few weeks. Feel free to check it out: http://www.gatheringmagic.com/Forum/...p?f=53&t=34398
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

Re: Red Green Land destruction Modern

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwisdom View Post
    I am listing this before someone takes credit for this. I have been playing MTGO online for a while with this deck (4-5 times a day) and have never seen any variation of this deck and now
    apparently there are quite a few people playing it. In fact people have gotten annoyed at me online while playing this deck. It's wicked great against most decks in the modern format. Though It does struggle against pod lists (which as a group are probably the best decks in modern) esp with lists running 4 noble 4 birds and 2 wall of roots. You can replace shivan dragon. That is just a fun card for online play. The leatherbacks and deadbridges are boss.

The theory for you budget players is that you need to survive Goyf and outclass him. Spend your early turns destroying land and then lay a creature that can match up to him. The copious amounts of artifact destruction are for affinity and tron.

4 Birds of Paradise
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Stone Rain
    3 Mountain
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Stomping Ground
    4 Boom/Bust
    4 Molten Rain
    1 Naturalize
    3 Forest
    4 Deadbridge Goliath
    4 Leatherback Baloth
    3 Llanowar Elves
    4 Copperline Gorge
    2 Shivan Dragon
    4 Rootbound Crag
    4 Flame Slash

1 Elixir of Immortality
    3 Naturalize
    2 Magma Jet
    3 Nature's Claim
    4 Ground Seal
    2 Anger of the Gods
    More Sweepers will help all your matches esp pod. Green is no longer where you want to be with the deck because your mana ramp plan can be destroyed by Pyroclasm and spot removal
    I would never run less the 3 Anger the Gods.

Here is my list I have been tuning recently.

4 Stone Rain
    4 Molten Rain
    3 Lightning Bolt
    3 Blood Moon
    3 Hanwier Watchkeep
    3 Wildfire
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Terminate
    3 Talismen of Indulgence
    3 Anger of the Gods
    1 Hammer of Bogarden

4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Arid Mesa
    4 Blood Crypt
    4 Ghitu Encampment
    8 Mountain
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Thread Information