Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy with my store credit

Jan 2014
    STL

What to buy with my store credit

I have enough store credit to either buy 2 Tarmogoyf's (my first 2) or finish my playset of Tropical Islands. What should I get? I feel like Goyf will be reprinted again and I should get my duals while they aren't $$$$.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Re: What to buy with my store credit

10000% trops.

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Easily Tropical Islands.

Goyfs can and probably will be reprinted but Tropical Islands will never get a reprint.

Jan 2014
    STL

Sounds like I'm buying Trops, any suggestions on whether or not I buy my set of Survival of the Fittest's as well in case of an un-ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesquisher View Post
    Sounds like I'm buying Trops, any suggestions on whether or not I buy my set of Survival of the Fittest's as well in case of an un-ban.
    That'd be a wase of money/dream currently.
    Team Hadley: OG Member Bitches
    I pray to Tom Brady.
    Red Sox 04 & 07: YEA

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

If you want to speculate on it getting unbanned and going infinite sure, although honestly getting more staples is probably better, it gives you more options as to what you can play and build and you know for sure you can play it, whereas with survival you might be able to play it in two months, you might not get to play with them in like two years
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

It's up to you. I'm finishing my playset soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Pick up your staples first, then worry about investments / speculations later.

Jan 2014
    STL

Thank you all for the advice, I guess I'll just do the trops for now, I'm still unsure what I want to build in legacy at the moment. I have almost all of my duals and all of my fetches but my wife is using my blue stuff for UR Delver so I have to play something non-blue. I have Goblins and D&T built but I want to do Junk. Cant decide if that means Loam, Pod, or Junk good stuff (dont own goyf's).

Nicfit is an option in Junk colors. It lets you run alot of sweet spells and has alot of built in flexibility.

Jan 2014
    STL

Quote Originally Posted by nodahero View Post
    Nicfit is an option in Junk colors. It lets you run alot of sweet spells and has alot of built in flexibility.
    Not sure, I heard it was fun, but I want to do well at Starcity in September. Is Nicfit a good deck to fight through a large event like that. I got blown out with my goblins last year.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesquisher View Post
    Not sure, I heard it was fun, but I want to do well at Starcity in September. Is Nicfit a good deck to fight through a large event like that. I got blown out with my goblins last year.
    I guess it's a bit unstable. Otoh it should eat Delver decks alive... unless it gets really clunky draws.
    Speaking of SotF - it does cost what, sixty bucks per set? If you really got some money, and if you're sure you'd play it in case of an unban, now is the time to speculate. It's not like your wallet will bleed to death, and I don't think Survival will drop any lower, it's in many EDH lists and it's a hot candidate for unban at least considering the debates.
    At the worst, you'll sit on a set of cards you'll never play, and will forever remember to not listen to MtG community. At the best... you know, don't you?

Also, buy the duals first.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    Pick up your staples first, then worry about investments / speculations later.
    This should just be the first thing posted in every "What should I get" thread.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

You don't need 4 trops in my opinion, 3 is plenty. Would recommend investing in other duals over goyfs though (but obviously get what you'll use most immediately).
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Jan 2014
    STL

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Speaking of SotF - it does cost what, sixty bucks per set? If you really got some money, and if you're sure you'd play it in case of an unban, now is the time to speculate. It's not like your wallet will bleed to death, and I don't think Survival will drop any lower
    Survivals are like $40 now, that's why I'm worried.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Do you play modern? If you do, get Goyf. You will get a lot more value out of it.
    mtgpimp

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

You can wait on Goyf. High likelihood of reprint. 3x Trop is max for most decks, and that will cover a wide range of bases.
    Duals are always good investments.

I think getting into Survival is fine, but you have to understand it may not be legal in legacy, ever. I bought my playset because I want to have that base covered. That's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Tropicals in a heartbeat over the tarmogoyfs!
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

you need tropicals to cast goyfs... so finish tropicals.

i don't use either of those 2 cards often but id always favor reserve list over non reserve list.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Apr 2014
    phillipines

trops young man..mana bases first before the creature's
    Live and Let Live

Thread Information