Thread: Azami Lady of Things and Stuff

May 2011
    Albany, NY

Re: Azami Lady of Things and Stuff

Do you really need the mana dorks (Deranged Assistant and Sea Scryer)? I tend to find that things like Wayfarer's Bauble and Darksteel Ingot work out better in the log run as they are less likely to die to a random wrath effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Davran View Post
    Do you really need the mana dorks (Deranged Assistant and Sea Scryer)? I tend to find that things like Wayfarer's Bauble and Darksteel Ingot work out better in the log run as they are less likely to die to a random wrath effect.
    I think mana dorks that are also wizards are better in this deck. I'm usually countering wraths past turn 4 anyway. Though to be fair I havnt tried the other options.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Context please! Is this primarily 1v1? Pods up to 4? Are you having any issues?
    List looks like an Azami list.

I agree with Davran's sentiments, but not his solutions. How much are the dorks used as ramp? I suspect they are just wizards that draw a card when Azami is out and otherwise fit on a mana curve in a spot you were deficient in. If that is the case, I'd replace them with other wizards (like Hapless Researcher).

In most situations, isn't Bribery > Treachery?

Sep 2009
    Bratislava, Slovak republic

Hmm. This deck uses traditional ways (eg. Palinchron + Phantasmal image).

I think that this should work better in 1v1 (a lot of hard counters for 0 mana), and it wants to be competetive. Quite typical list for an Azami based deck. I see some updates (Nykthos), but rest is quite typical...

No Counterbalance?
    Anyway this is my complete list to same topic: http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...age-of-Zhalfir
    Different commander, but its still mainly "Azami" deck. In my case I used less counterspells, and made stronger interactions (check non-basic lands).

to Ace/Homebrew
    I believe that main reason to utilize "mana dorks" is to cast Azami ASAP, and later reuse manasource to draw cards. I also considered Sea Scryer and tested Deranged Assistant in the past. Due my meta, its not viable to utilize them - they will not survive.
    ...the advance of computerisation, however, has not yet wiped out nations and ethnic groups...

Sep 2011

I find you don't need THAT many Wizards for the deck to work, since creature mass removal is rampant and it gets degenerate after drawing 3+ cards a turn with counterspell backup anyway.

Small nitpick, but have you ever gotten both Meekstone and Caged Sun out and regretted it? Can get awkward situations where you can't tap half your wizards for Patron Wizard or Azami.

Since the deck engine is vulnerable to creature removal, I tend to run non-creature-based win conditions for variety. For example, SDT+Future Sight+Helm+Brain Freeze and/or Grim Monolith+Power Artifact+USZ. Although if you are playing mostly big games (e.g. > 4 player), then Lab Man is definitely an easier killswitch.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Offler View Post
    to Ace/Homebrew
    I believe that main reason to utilize "mana dorks" is to cast Azami ASAP, and later reuse manasource to draw cards.
    Makes sense!

Thread Information