Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you could only have one deck...

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Re: If you could only have one deck...

I love Legacy because there are so many decks that you can play that are all powerful and enjoyable, but if I could only have one deck, I would be a total spike about it: Canadian Threshold.

It is definitely not one of my favorite decks to play, but it's been consistently one of the best decks in the format for what feels like forever.

Lands. I'm one of those. Control Lands.

Oct 2012
    Italy

Definitely goblins. I know it struggles to be competitive nowadays but it was my first love and i would stick with it if i only had access to a single deck. Partly because the main reason to play magic to me is having fun (although i am competitive and play goblins very few now) , partly because i feel legacy will become like vintage so i'd better keep a deck i like, instead of trying to stay up to date with a format that wizards is trying to screw in every single manner (printing super dumb cards, never changing the ban list....)

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Any and all storm variants.

Followed by delver variants, RUG primarily.

I actually did this recently and purged a lot of my blue staples. I now feel very dumb and am in the process of getting rug back together.

just got to win big i guess. and feel very pained when I have to find/ buy goyfs.

fuck you modern/ modern masters. will be patiently awaiting the price dip when the modern "season" is over but with the new OP changes i doubt they will drop, since theoretically it is now modern season year round, 'maybe', but not really because that doesn't make stores money.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Tight Sight
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Mar 2007
    RI

Probably Death and Taxes. It's the deck that I like playing the most.
    TPDMC

Storm. I've been playing Fetchland Tendrils for a very long time, a deck that grew out of Iggy Pop. Sometimes it played Grim Tutor. Other times it played Doomsday. Still usually kills with Tendrils.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Going with lyracian re: build flexibility, but I've been in love with bgx decks based around Bob and discard for my entire Legacy career, so the Team America/Eva Green/Junk threshold it is for me. Even though I know that comprises like four hundred cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

For me it is Imperial Painter, this deck has so many intricacies it never gets boring. It's combo, aggro, and control all in one. Moon wins never get old, blowing up basics with instant 1 mana Vindicates is a dream come true! Goblin Welder is a powerhouse that is truly underrated in Legacy. Watching countless players equip Sword of Fire and Ice with Painter on Blue is just entertainment in itself. I have played many Legacy decks and I can honestly say that no other deck has ever brought me the satisfaction that Painter has. I could go on but you get the point.

Another one for painter here for all of the reasons jake stated. For being a 2 card combo that seems linear, the deck is very interactive and powerful. More importantly, it hasn't bored me yet.

D&T comes in a close second for me.

If we were also talking about decks we don't own, I might throw RUG Delver in the mix. My friend plays it and it is very fun and it has been a powerhouse for quite awhile.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

MOAT STOMPY

#nedleedsfanclub
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Nov 2013
    Burnaby

I am not playing it much anymore as I have moved on to Death and Taxes as my pet deck, but if it could only be one, I am not ashamed to admit I would just play Sneak and Show. It's consistent, the power level is pretty obscene and sometimes you just want to go for it, regardless of what is in the opponents hand!

Esper Stoneblade.. Always a solid choice no matter what u are playing against .Very skill rewarding deck !

I do only have one deck. Recently sold duals, forces, JTMS... Everything else...

I play one deck. Dragon Stompy.
    I'm a lock piece whore, stasis isn't viable, and vintage is more dead than legacy.
    It's the most fun in my eyes based on what I liked playing, too much $ to keep up with this game based on how much I played and and upkeep will be cheap.
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I have an older Goblins list put together that would honestly probably be easier to maintain than any of my other would-be Legacy decks (BW Deadguy on the cheap, Spring Tide lolol, Naya Slivers 'n Burn featuring shockland technology, Bant Exalted w/ Force of Will (on loan from Spring Tide) again featuring shockland tech). So unless there's a sweet Mirrorweave Kithkin list that is Legacy viable, if I haaaad to pick just one deck AND anyone in Nebraska actually played fucking Legacy, it'd probably be Goblins. I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    I do only have one deck. Recently sold duals, forces, JTMS... Everything else...

I play one deck. Dragon Stompy.
    I'm a lock piece whore, stasis isn't viable, and vintage is more dead than legacy.
    It's the most fun in my eyes based on what I liked playing, too much $ to keep up with this game based on how much I played and and upkeep will be cheap.
    Well done! Nice choice of funny, brutal, inconsistent and powerful deck. I played Faerie Stompy a lot, but stopped after Decay became thing. With eight Moons, this is not a problem, I guess...

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

Going down to 1 deck seems tough. I'm personally trying to skim down to just 2.. One tier 1 deck (RUG).. and a deck I'll play more often and have more fun. (pox loam).

Although I'm almost jonesing to just ditch rug also.
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Doomsday. If you can no longer metagame with deck choices, a resilient and diverse combo deck seems like the best choice. And... it takes forever to get decent, so you'll have plenty of years to learn and be entertained. :)
    Find me on Twitter: @beanaman

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    His graveyard was a fucking encyclopedia of countermagic.

Jund Nic-fit.

Grindfest

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Is the question categorically different from "What is your favorite deck?" In the minds of all you responders?
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thread Information