Thread: Standard RDW

Standard RDW

Not really sure if this is the correct place to post this, but a friend has been trying to get me to get into Standard and I wanted to see what ya'll thought about this for a RDW deck.

//Creature (16)
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary
    4 Foundry Street Denizen
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    4 Satyr Firedancer
    4 Young Pyromancer

//Instant (20)
    4 Lightning Strike
    4 Searing Blood
    4 Shock
    4 Skullcrack
    4 Stoke the Flames

//Land (20)
    18 Mountain
    2 Mutavault

//Side (15)
    4 Burning Earth
    4 Chandra's Phoenix
    3 Hammer of Purphoros
    4 Mizzium Mortars

About the maindeck: I'm essentially trying to pump out some quick creatures and overwhelm them with tokens if the game goes long, using the burn spells for mid-to-endgame. The board state is controlled with Satyr Firedancer and Searing Blood as well as utilizing the tokens for this against other aggro decks.

About the sidedeck: The only maindeck sustainability I really have is the debateable Mutavault, so when board wipes and control is a concern I put in Chandra's Phoenix and Hammer of Purphoros. Naturally Mizzium Mortars is for unruly creatures and Burning Earth is to punish people for using more expensive decks.

Any comments/tips/suggestions from persons more experienced in the format would be greatly appreciated, as even though decks in standard are less expensive it's still money spent at the end of the day and I'd like to mitigate how much is ill-spent.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Re: Standard RDW

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Bot View Post
    Not really sure if this is the correct place to post this, but a friend has been trying to get me to get into Standard and I wanted to see what ya'll thought about this for a RDW deck.

//Creature (16)
    4 Burning-Tree Emissary
    4 Foundry Street Denizen
    4 Goblin Rabblemaster
    4 Satyr Firedancer
    4 Young Pyromancer

//Instant (20)
    4 Lightning Strike
    4 Searing Blood
    4 Shock
    4 Skullcrack
    4 Stoke the Flames

//Land (20)
    18 Mountain
    2 Mutavault

//Side (15)
    4 Burning Earth
    4 Chandra's Phoenix
    3 Hammer of Purphoros
    4 Mizzium Mortars

About the maindeck: I'm essentially trying to pump out some quick creatures and overwhelm them with tokens if the game goes long, using the burn spells for mid-to-endgame. The board state is controlled with Satyr Firedancer and Searing Blood as well as utilizing the tokens for this against other aggro decks.

About the sidedeck: The only maindeck sustainability I really have is the debateable Mutavault, so when board wipes and control is a concern I put in Chandra's Phoenix and Hammer of Purphoros. Naturally Mizzium Mortars is for unruly creatures and Burning Earth is to punish people for using more expensive decks.

Any comments/tips/suggestions from persons more experienced in the format would be greatly appreciated, as even though decks in standard are less expensive it's still money spent at the end of the day and I'd like to mitigate how much is ill-spent.
    Don't play that Return to Ravnica stuff if you're trying to save money - RtR is only good in Standard for a few more months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Re: Standard RDW

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Don't play that Return to Ravnica stuff if you're trying to save money - RtR is only good in Standard for a few more months.
    Arg, that pretty much kills this deck. Thank you for bringing this to my attention though, it is much appreciated. Guess I'll have to wait for Khans of Tarkir spoiler to see if RDW will be viable for standard.

Thread Information