Thread: [Article] Miracle Primer#2 @SCG

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

[Article] Miracle Primer#2 @SCG

Here is the second part of my article about Miracles over on StarCityGames! Give it a read and let me know what you think, preferably on SCG itself too!

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

Re: [Article] Miracle Primer#2 @SCG

Solid article. I'm helping a friend who's relatively new to legacy to learn/tweak his miracles list (bastard had all the staples like duals and fetches and foil tops and crap for EDH), and the only card he's short from the relatively stock list is the second volcanic. Given that locally, there's a lot less blue, would it be reasonable for him to play a manland in the slot instead and shave a blast from the board? I'm more of an intuition-->smokestack, academy ruins, life from the loam kind of guy myself, but I could see something like a Mishra's factory, (blocks Bob, snapcaster, random goblins, squires, lone merfolk) celestial colonnade, or even a faerie conclave. Thoughts? The metagame he's up against has almost no delver, it's pretty much midrange durdles, hard combo (Belcher, ANT, and Spanish Inquisition), or 12-post/miracles mirror.

May 2011
    Noricum

Hey,
    you can certainly run a Mishra's Factory, but not in the 21 land build. If he doesn't have the Volcanic Island and does not want to buy it he should be going to 22 lands, 2 Ponders, 1 Volcanic Island, 1 Mountain and a 5th Island. But this takes into account playing in a normal metagame. Preparing for the metagame you described would be rather hard and interesting, due to no Delver and would require more than the one thought that I plan on spending on this post. Maybe I will come back to you on a later day with a different list, tailored to what your friend has to face.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Nice work! Great primer. You get a shout-out in Cedric's latest podcast (begins at 27:44): http://www.starcitygames.com/article...-Sullivan.html

May 2011
    Noricum

Thanks for pointing this out! It's pretty cool, gotta admit! :)

Greetings

is there part 3?

May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    is there part 3?
    Not yet, but I have already 3500 words written down. I'll probably hand it in tonight. It'll include an introduction to Midrange, the fundamental turn and fighting against Esperblade, Deathblade, Shardless BUG and Jund.

Greetings

Thread Information