Thread: Omniscence/Enter the Infinite Combo Deck

Apr 2014
    Council Bluffs Ia

Omniscence/Enter the Infinite Combo Deck

Need some help here guys.

I am planning a deck centered on Grand Architect, Pili-Pala, Enter the Infinite and Omniscience. What I need is a low cost way to even this out and make it consistent. Also does anyone think this would actually be a viable deck to play at a FNM?

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

Re: Omniscence/Enter the Infinite Combo Deck

It would be a janky deck at most, things with Grand Architect and Pili-Pala has never really worked in Modern, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Apr 2014
    Council Bluffs Ia

Quote Originally Posted by Piceli89 View Post
    It would be a janky deck at most, things with Grand Architect and Pili-Pala has never really worked in Modern, sorry.
    No reason to be sorry I get a lot of random ideas I think would work awesome, but only really play at local Modern tourneys so don't really know the full meta.

Thanks for the input.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by MarineRaider View Post
    Need some help here guys.

I am planning a deck centered on Grand Architect, Pili-Pala, Enter the Infinite and Omniscience. What I need is a low cost way to even this out and make it consistent. Also does anyone think this would actually be a viable deck to play at a FNM?
    I tried doing this but like what people mentioned, the combo isn't competitive. What I've tried was build an Architect deck similar to its Standard roots. Also, instead of Omniscience/Enter the Infinite, why not just use Blue Sun's Zenith for infinite on your opponent. Worst case scenario, you can end of turn Zenith to draw cards.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Apr 2014
    Council Bluffs Ia

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I tried doing this but like what people mentioned, the combo isn't competitive. What I've tried was build an Architect deck similar to its Standard roots. Also, instead of Omniscience/Enter the Infinite, why not just use Blue Sun's Zenith for infinite on your opponent. Worst case scenario, you can end of turn Zenith to draw cards.

I was thinking of having the Blue Suns Zenith in there as well, I have a casual deck right now that is about me cycling through my entire deck and winning with Laboratory Maniac, my friends hate it haha. With this idea I was thinking of taking that deck and adding these cards plus Borborygmos Enraged to give me a few win con options. I think I may still build it but it may end up a casual only deck idk

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Why can't it start with 4x lotus bloom instead of a convoluted mana engine? Petals of Insight still seems to be awesone for finding a win condition (slaver lock?) I know that its creeping into blue tron territory but maybe it could be tuned to work with the blue turbo turns cards (time warp, time stretch.) Seems fun but yeah, janky.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Apr 2014
    Council Bluffs Ia

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Why can't it start with 4x lotus bloom instead of a convoluted mana engine? Petals of Insight still seems to be awesone for finding a win condition (slaver lock?) I know that its creeping into blue tron territory but maybe it could be tuned to work with the blue turbo turns cards (time warp, time stretch.) Seems fun but yeah, janky.
    Petals of Insight seems like a good card, but the rest are getting out of my price range unfortunately. I have to build on a small budget. That being said, I like the ideas you have presented.

Sep 2011

Why not just play OmniTell in Legacy? It's too hard to assemble combos in Modern. Legacy OmniTell needs 12 1cc cantrips to have any consistency of assembling even with free countermagic protection, and this format lacks all those cards.

I think Omniscience is only playable in two cases:
    1) When you can cast it for 2U
    2) When your deck actually aims to get 10 mana out by ramping and casting a ton of fogs in a really slow format, i.e. Maze's End.dec or OmniDoorThragFire

Thread Information