Page 404 of 428 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,080 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    a land that dies to deed/deluge and doesn't tap when it enters but also dies to wasteland as well as everything short of decay: NEGATIVE, GHOST RIDER.
    They are just suggestions, I don't think your choices are wrong.
    Preaching. I'm tinkering with cutting it for the blue splash because Atraxa feels like the real deal.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by removedfromgame View Post
    Preaching. I'm tinkering with cutting it for the blue splash because Atraxa feels like the real deal.
    Its worth testing. check out my lists. HAPPY BREWING
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Still haven't seen the list. I forgot about it honestly. I'm pretty busy through the middle of next week. Eventually I'll take a look at it, from the description you provided it sounded neat.
    I took a wack at it. Check out my Imgur in my signature for lists.

http://i.imgur.com/xZpzPdd.png
    This link is close. I won't be able to post updated till later since im at work. ideally, I will have a chance at lunch.
    The updated list would be awesome. How did Nissa, Vastwood Seer work out?

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzalot View Post
    The updated list would be awesome. How did Nissa, Vastwood Seer work out?
    http://i.imgur.com/9ux4iTN.png

Not better than tracker D:
    Last edited by Ricardio; 12-08-2016 at 09:22 AM.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Lost legacy seems to be better than I initially thought (yes, echelon)
    Dude, it's friggin' amazing! Firing off the first one is good enough, but firing off a second copy is pretty much the final nail in the coffin vs. a number of decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Working on Nyx Fit for this weekend.

I think the build could really do with a copy or two of Nissa, Vital Force. Currently looking at this:

22 lands (3 tower)

4 Vet
    4 Rector
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Zenith
    4 Therapy
    3 Top
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Deed
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Starfield
    1 Living Plane
    1 Faith's Fetters
    1 Dead Weight
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Parallax Wave

Last slot wants to be either a second Dead Weight or an additional Zenith target. It would be nice to fit in a Zenith option that actually applies pressure, but I don't feel like Tireless Tracker fits into the deck particularly well otherwise. We also already have absolutely loads of card advantage engines. Rather than play a second Dead Weight I might give a Liliana LH a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post

I think the build could really do with a copy or two of Nissa, Vital Force. Currently looking at this:

22 lands (3 tower)

4 Vet
    4 Rector
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Zenith
    4 Therapy
    3 Top
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Deed
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Starfield
    1 Living Plane
    1 Faith's Fetters
    1 Dead Weight
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Parallax Wave

Last slot wants to be either a second Dead Weight or an additional Zenith target. It would be nice to fit in a Zenith option that actually applies pressure, but I don't feel like Tireless Tracker fits into the deck particularly well otherwise. We also already have absolutely loads of card advantage engines. Rather than play a second Dead Weight I might give a Liliana LH a shot.

Could you give a short run down of how this list works? I can gather some of the combos but feel like I'm missing quite a bit.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzalot View Post
    Could you give a short run down of how this list works? I can gather some of the combos but feel like I'm missing quite a bit.

Thanks!
    Simple summary: Academy Rector is amazing and probably wins you the game. Therapy and Tower let you sacrifice him without interruption and he usually results in a kill. You don't have a main board answer to storm, but basically every other match up folds to a Rector trigger or two.

Card choices:
    Starfield: out grinds everyone. Recur Deed and Sterling Grove, provide win condition, recur removal and blockers, do silly things with Parallax Wave flickering itself.

Sterling Grove: Protect your stuff (Doomwake Giant with shroud is scary), one card combo if you aren't under pressure by fetching Starfield to recur itself. Instant speed sacrifice let's you turn Starfield back off in response to sweepers.

Living Plane: stops miracles from sweeping the board. One sided Armageddon with Doomwake Giant to lock up the game. Turns Deed into Armageddon.

Faith's Fetters: Removal for Inkmoth, Jace, Griselbrand and basically anything else.

Parallax Wave : Unconditional removal at instant speed. Exile your own Witness to keep stuff locked away forever. Exiles permanently or infinitely flickers your own stuff with active Starfield.

Doomwake Giant: Finisher. Blocks Angler. Gets Shroud from Sterling Grove and ends the game with Living Plane. Recurrence with Starfield, fetch able with Rector.

Dead Weight : Recurrable removal that kills Deathrite. Gets past Pendelhaven and Mentor Prowess. Is an enchantment for Eidolon and Doomwake.

Eidolon of Blossoms: Draws way too many cards. Out-CA Shardless and Miracles. Can't be Decayed, survives most Deeds, gets Shroud with Grove.

Courser of Kruphix : Stabilizes against Aggro. Another recurring blocker. CA engine with Top. Swings for 3 under Starfield.

Everything else is pretty standard. Top is way better than Library here because it survives all the Deeds we crack.

Rector + untapped Phyrexian Tower should beat basically anything your opponent puts on the table.

22 lands (3 tower)

4 Vet
    4 Rector
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Eidolon of Blossoms
    1 Doomwake Giant

4 Zenith
    4 Therapy
    3 Top
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Deed
    3 Sterling Grove
    2 Starfield
    1 Living Plane
    1 Faith's Fetters
    1 Dead Weight
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Parallax Wave

I've been looking to potentially finish building back my online list for this.

The major downside of this version is the lack of Abrupt Decay, really. That and the fact that GSZ is not as versatile due to small number of targets and cmc of targets (1,3,4 instead of typical spread). Maybe those aren't as bad as I think they are - my current list does look similar. I'd hate to just flat out get way worse against Delver without some cheap removal...I'm opting for definitely at least 2 Dead Weight. Hopefully we might see future enchantments printed that could alleviate these things.

The major upside is that a single Rector tutor wins against a majority of decks. It's also really easy to have leylines in the side against graveyard/burn/storm matches.

Part of me really wishes that Oath of Nissa was good enough, but I'm not sure if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I've been looking to potentially finish building back my online list for this.

The major downside of this version is the lack of Abrupt Decay, really. That and the fact that GSZ is not as versatile due to small number of targets and cmc of targets (1,3,4 instead of typical spread). Maybe those aren't as bad as I think they are - my current list does look similar. I'd hate to just flat out get way worse against Delver without some cheap removal...I'm opting for definitely at least 2 Dead Weight. Hopefully we might see future enchantments printed that could alleviate these things.

The major upside is that a single Rector tutor wins against a majority of decks. It's also really easy to have leylines in the side against graveyard/burn/storm matches.

Part of me really wishes that Oath of Nissa was good enough, but I'm not sure if it is.
    I've tested with Oath of Nissa. It isn't good enough, mainly because it doesn't hit enchantments which makes it garbage in this deck. Too many misses.

Honestly, the deck is not bad against Delver. If anything it's the same as most others. The list plays Courser (who's great against them) and while it doesn't have Swords, it does instead have Oblivion Ring, Faith's Fetters and eight Moats in Veteran Explorer and Academy Rector.

I've tested with Oath of Nissa. It isn't good enough, mainly because it doesn't hit enchantments which makes it garbage in this deck. Too many misses.

Honestly, the deck is not bad against Delver. If anything it's the same as most others. The list plays Courser (who's great against them) and while it doesn't have Swords, it does instead have Oblivion Ring, Faith's Fetters and eight Moats in Veteran Explorer and Academy Rector.
    Oh wow, for some reason I thought Oath did grab enchantments. Yea that's bad.

I took a wack at it. Check out my Imgur in my signature for lists.
    Your signature claims 0 albums/images when I try it.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Your signature claims 0 albums/images when I try it.
    FIXED. Sorry.

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

I'm taking Sneak Fit for a spin tonight if the snow doesn't make getting to the LGS problematic. Have there been any changes or updates to the generally standard list recently?

If anyone has any general guidance for how to play it, decide on mulligans, or sideboard with it that would be appreciated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gth842s View Post
    I'm taking Sneak Fit for a spin tonight if the snow doesn't make getting to the LGS problematic. Have there been any changes or updates to the generally standard list recently?

If anyone has any general guidance for how to play it, decide on mulligans, or sideboard with it that would be appreciated as well.
    Not many changes at all. I've been trying out Nissa, Vital Force in place of Sidisi in the main. Someone recently mentioned Dreadbore to me as a replacement for To the Slaughter, but I haven't decided on trying it yet. Maybe 3 Decays, 2 Dreadbore main instead of the PFire package? Smooth answer for Gurmag, and having another Decay would be very nice. Yet PFire handles Jace well and also can be free wins against small creature decks throughout an entire match. And if you get up to enough mana to cast two PFire a turn, you are in great shape.

Part of me still wants to jam 2 Tireless Tracker somehow, as well. Finding myself wishing for more card draw/value...can't have everything though.

Starting to question Primeval Titan as well. It's great against Miracles but against mostly anything else, I find myself Empath-ing for Inferno Titan in order to clear opponent's board or ping a walker to sudden death. It's nice having a tutor for Stronghold though, since that land is so strong here. Don't think the deck can afford to play a 2nd due to the Groves - removing them like I said above could make room.

All that being said...I'm sticking closely to my current list until GP Louisville is over.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

taking it to a GP? that's awesome. Stay bold, my friend.

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Awesome summary.
    Thanks! Appreciate it a lot. Time to dust off the old Living Plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Error

@removed: you are playing arbor, cmon man. Also, I suggest trying a single deluge over the 3rd deed. Additionally, making room for a tracker might help your grind games.
    I'm not just trying to be contradictory but when do you find yourself wanting the deluge? I could see an argument against eldrazi but there are a lot more match ups that I am concerned with facing (miracles, d&t, jund, bug, lands, deathblade) where I would imagine a third deed as more devastating.

Thread Information