Page 176 of 428 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Modern. There's a Chord variant that's been playing her, I believe. When Pod was around, they only needed 1 copy so it kept her price pretty well in check. Now that they need 4, it's been kind of stupid.
    I was looking forward to trying it with spike feeder as a kind of cute thing to do but not for 23 tix. haha
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    I was looking forward to trying it with spike feeder as a kind of cute thing to do but not for 23 tix. haha
    That has got me stuck with a lot of cards. Everytime i look thru my cards i am like: "cool, i should build something with that". Ranging from cheap cards to complete decks such as Goblins and Tezzerator.... yes including The Abyss and Chains of Mephistopholes...
    And everytime i am considering what deck to play for the win i end up with a headache and am losing hard. Still i love this game.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Cardboard crack, man.

Play to win while having fun.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Cardboard crack, man.

Play to win while having fun.
    Haha, yes, that happens when i am not focussing on it.
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post

I've literally never had a problem with double white, for those worried about that. You run 2x Plains, 2x Savannah, 1x Scrubland, and sometimes a Karakas. That's plenty of white sources.

Potential modern refugee here. Karakas is one of the few cards I'm missing for the rhino version of this deck. Seems to me like the main reason for inclusion is randomly stopping/slowing early FSM and big nasty lifelinking demon shenanigans while being essentially a basic plains, albeit an unfetchable one. With the added bonus of possibly protecting your Teeg or Sigarda. Am I missing anything obvious here?

So why do you say "sometimes a karakas"? Are there times/metas where it is not worth running? Or is it a budget decision?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Rackhamm View Post
    Possible modern refugee here. Karakas is one of the few cards I'm missing for the rhino version of this deck. Seems to me like the main reason for inclusion is randomly stopping/slowing early FSM and big nasty lifelinking demon shenanigans while being essentially a basic plains, albeit an unfetchable one. With the added bonus of possibly protecting your Teeg or Sigarda. Am I missing anything obvious here?

So why do you say "sometimes a karakas"? Are there times/metas where it is not worth running? Or is it a budget decision?
    Eot bounce Teeg, play GSZ and play Teeg again. Yes, the Karakas is random, Knight of the Reliquary is a card to. Combined with Dryad Arbor and Meren of Clan Nel Toth you can do some pretty decend tricks while also making most of the utility. And running a songleton while random beats not running one at all. Karakas randomly wins you games vs SnT and Reanimator.
    4c Aggro Loam

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Potential modern refugee here. Karakas is one of the few cards I'm missing for the rhino version of this deck. Seems to me like the main reason for inclusion is randomly stopping/slowing early FSM and big nasty lifelinking demon shenanigans while being essentially a basic plains, albeit an unfetchable one. With the added bonus of possibly protecting your Teeg or Sigarda. Am I missing anything obvious here?

Karakas can be very good. I play it online because its considerable cheaper than irl. I would say depending on the meta, you don't have to worries but then again I am sure there are times where having 2 would be absolutely necessary(flash back to when SNS was the deck)

Welcome to Legacy but more importantly welcome to the most creative deck in the format. Play to win while enjoying yourself and making the deck to not only suit your meta needs but the creative lifestyle you choose that drives the mentality you view the world through.

Cheers m8

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I dont run a Karakas because I dont want to pull it out of my binder. Nuff said. Card is good, but not necessary. I play the Taiga in its place.

Jan 2011
    York

agreed on karakas not being a necesity we have acess to so many utility lands it is in direct competition with basic plains or forest #3. Its too random to quantify its value without playing hard tutors like intent or knight(and hes not that good here). i'd play the first arbor second tower and first stronghold before a karakas right now but im on four color for maindeck slaughter games.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

That is the beauty of this deck.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche
    4c Aggro Loam

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken." -Colonel Sanders

Some interesting page on SCG regarding playing against Eldrazi in Modern, but since that deck is gaining momentum in Legacy too, I thought I'd pass on the knowledge of Obstinate Baloth's interaction with Reality Smasher.
    By the way, here's my sideboard, followed by my deck. Let me know what you guys think, I'm still noobish with Nic Fit.

Sideboard

1 Pithing Needle
    1 Dryad Militant
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Shriekmaw
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Xantid Swarm
    1 Worship
    1 Golgari Charm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Slaughter Games
    3 Thoughtseize

Maindeck

1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Obstinate Baloth
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Veteran Explorer

2 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pernicious Deed
    4 Abrupt Decay
    3 Path to Exile
    1 Skeletal Scrying
    2 Painful Truths
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Taiga
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

Cheers guys, I really like all the fun and discussion here, really lively thread. Thanks!

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

the new eldrazi deck is even more cancerous. Wotc is ever pushing me away.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I'm looking forward to going head to head with the new Eldrazi deck. We're one of the few decks that can answer whatever they throw at us. It'll probably boil down to "Survive, stabilize, destroy".

On Karakas: I don't run one. Simply b/c I don't have any room for it. Same goes for the Taiga, unfortunately. If I were to run a Taiga, I'd have to drop my second Phyrexian Tower. Or Dryad Arbor. Neither of which is going to happen.

Jan 2011
    York

deed @2 or deluge for 5 puts us way up on card advantage vs them. its a far easier match then mud or turbo eldrazi hopefully it draws some of their players in. it does however limit ones ability to play punishing fit. its junk or bust right now. I cant speak for scapeshift or bug.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Some interesting page on SCG regarding playing against Eldrazi in Modern, but since that deck is gaining momentum in Legacy too, I thought I'd pass on the knowledge of Obstinate Baloth's interaction with Reality Smasher.
    By the way, here's my sideboard, followed by my deck. Let me know what you guys think, I'm still noobish with Nic Fit.

Sideboard

1 Pithing Needle
    1 Dryad Militant
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Shriekmaw
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Xantid Swarm
    1 Worship
    1 Golgari Charm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Slaughter Games
    3 Thoughtseize

Maindeck

1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Obstinate Baloth
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Veteran Explorer

2 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Pernicious Deed
    4 Abrupt Decay
    3 Path to Exile
    1 Skeletal Scrying
    2 Painful Truths
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Taiga
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

Cheers guys, I really like all the fun and discussion here, really lively thread. Thanks!
    Looks alright, Obstinate Baloth might be random for it to do what you say. But so is the singleton Karakas which i am sticking to.

Sideboard has some odd choices.
    Xantid Swarm is a GSZ target, but do you ever think to push something thru that way? Match-up against (non-combo)blue decks are favorable anyway.
    Shriekmaw and Cannonist are also a bit on the random. Probably would just run 2 cannonist instead. Only 1 Charm? Here i also always fit in 2 sweepers. Charm is currently my choice because of Elves and Grixis.
    And Worship, people seem to play it against Eldrazi in modern. But also a bit random. Never tried it tho. Any specifics on this choice?

the new eldrazi deck is even more cancerous. Wotc is ever pushing me away.
    Heavy statement. Echelon is right, Junk has the right tools to fight it of. But it is a Mexican standoff.

Quote Originally Posted by uncletiggy View Post
    it does however limit ones ability to play punishing fit. its junk or bust right now.
    This does make me cry.. a bit.
    4c Aggro Loam

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Heavy statement. Echelon is right, Junk has the right tools to fight it of. But it is a Mexican standoff.
    It'll probably be a 50/50 MU, much like MUD. Sometimes that deck just goes T1 CotV @X=1, T2 Trinisphere, T3 Lodestone Golem, T4 Metalworker, T5 Ugin. I still enjoy seeing that though.

But yeah, if you enter a tournament it might be best to put Junk in the trunk. Or wherever you put your bag when you get into the car.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    It'll probably be a 50/50 MU, much like MUD. Sometimes that deck just goes T1 CotV @X=1, T2 Trinisphere, T3 Lodestone Golem, T4 Metalworker, T5 Ugin. I still enjoy seeing that though.

But yeah, if you enter a tournament it might be best to put Junk in the trunk. Or wherever you put your bag when you get into the car.
    I keep my deck taped to my chest incase i get carjacked.
    4c Aggro Loam

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Went undefeated tonight at the local, beating Merfolk (2-1), then Shardless (2-0), then Maverick (2-1). We had to cut since it was late and we wanted to go home.

Truths was nuts, as always. Meren got active and was good, but not as explosive as Nightmare, but requires far less setup.

Overall, list felt good, but so did playing a bunch of good matchups, so not much of a test.

I think there's nothing wrong with Jund Fit right now. I'll build mine up and take it for a spin next week to prove it.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Went undefeated tonight at the local.

I think there's nothing wrong with Jund Fit right now. I'll build mine up and take it for a spin next week to prove it.
    Cheers.

Really like your so motivated with showing that Jund still has it, but the big (rhetorical) question is: what does jund bring that junk doesn't do (better)?
    4c Aggro Loam

Thread Information