Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

I'm a little lazy but here:
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=81714

Main deck change:
    Out: Swagtusk. With 2 Rhino, Jitte and Batterskull, lifegain isn't really an issue.
    In: Golgari Charm from the board.

Sideboard:
    Out: Golgari Charm (to main), Cornered Market, Surgical, Elspeth, Night of Soul's Betrayal, Judgment
    In: Runed Halo x 2, Tsunami x 2, Armageddon (a bit of 12-post, mud, lands in my area), Extripate

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

That's odd. I know that guy. Didn't know he played this deck
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    That's odd. I know that guy. Didn't know he played this deck
    I believe he is in GA, correct? This super IQ was Minnesota and that was my deck. I've been confused with him before.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Lol. Yeah. Now that I think about it, his name is one M I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by jbone2016 View Post
    I'm a little lazy but here: http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...p?DeckID=81714 Main deck change: Out: Swagtusk. With 2 Rhino, Jitte and Batterskull, lifegain isn't really an issue. In: Golgari Charm from the board. Sideboard: Out: Golgari Charm (to main), Cornered Market, Surgical, Elspeth, Night of Soul's Betrayal, Judgment In: Runed Halo x 2, Tsunami x 2, Armageddon (a bit of 12-post, mud, lands in my area), Extripate
    Damn, this is really close to what I played at GPNJ. Maybe I should try it again. Nice result!

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

definately like the list. I've yet to tried a version of nic fit that has sfm's in it.. may have to give it a shot
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

Dec 2014
    Valpovo, Croatia

I was thinking about Melira-Viscera Seer-Murderous Redcap/Kitchen Finks combo, and built up a Nic Fit version of it. Straight G/B.

22 lands
    Basics, fetchlands, duals, and Two Towers

3x Veteran Explorer
    2x Kitchen Finks
    3x Dark Confidant
    2x Melira, Sylvok Outkast
    4x Murderous Redcap
    4x Viscera Seer

Spells

3x Abrupt Decay
    4x Cabal Therapy
    3x Hymn to Tourach
    3x Thoughtseize
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    1x Diabolic Invent

61 cards total!

FIrst match on Cockatrice was a Sneak&Show. I was sure that he was thinking that I was playing some sort of Junk, so T1 Viscera Seer, T2 discard, T3 Zenith for Melira, and Show&Tell-ed Murderous Redcap. Game 2 he was Digging through time for an answer, but 2x Confidants and Viscera gave an aggro win.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? :D

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

So I had a shower epiphany - what if we were trying to jam red into the Junk build, but what were meant to do was jam Siege Rhino into the Jund build? Realistically, the creature base out of the Jund build, in my opinion, was always lacking consistency. I'd rather have Siege Rhino many times than Huntmaster, and Sigarda over Prime Time. Kessig Wolf Run is good stuff, but we need slots.

So, I present: Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers - Extended Edition with Bonus Commentary - in HD!

3 Veteran Explorer
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Siege Rhino
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Thrun, the Last Troll
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1 Scavenging Ooze

3 Punishing Fire
    1 Recurring Nightmare
    3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Diabolic Intent
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    3 Sensei's Divining Top

4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Savannah
    2 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wooded Foothills
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain

Sideboard

SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 1 Golgari Charm
    SB: 3 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 2 Choke
    SB: 2 Slaughter Games
    SB: 3 Thoughtseize
    SB: 2 Extirpate
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip

Basically, the plan is to cut a bunch of the loose garbage to run the package some people have touted as superior - the 3/3 DRS/Vet split. I dislike it, but you need consistent access to white if you're hardcasting Rhinos (ideally, you just pay 4G for them). Sigarda is likely the best evasive threat out collective archetype can offer at reasonable price.

I don't think you need Teeg because Slaughter Games is insane in similar situations. Losing Path does suck, but gaining Blast, especially in a format where OmniTell and Miracles are dirting fair decks out of the game, is quite spicy. Fires also eats those fucking Delver decks for breakfast, as well as the midrange garbage that will come in to try and best the Delver decks.

Thoughts on my crazy ideas?

-Matt

Looks incredibly greedy.
    I love it.

My only concern is that I'd have to get 4 groves haha.
    I agree with most of your card choices, pretty impressive that you managed to fit it all in!
    I'm sure your 3/3/3/1 split on the removal spells will end up changing but we obviously won't know till you try.
    Am concerned that with only 4 cabal therapies you're extremely weak to combo. but I guess it's fine to give up those match ones and focus the sideboard on them more.

(Though you may find you have more than enough removal and could cut some for more discard)

Edit:
    (I would also cut a taiga for a scrubland, with all those groves and the basics I don't think you'd need more RG duals and with only one white land at the moment casting those rhinos might be really hard when they've killed your shaman)

If you get some testing in with it, let us know.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I'll keep y'all posted.

Siege Rhino is just too good. I've run over far too many Pyro tokens to ever stop running him.

Last night, I dirted a Maverick player by locking him out with Tower, Stronghold, and Eternal Witness to loop Path to Exiles. It was glorious. I also could have Recurred Siege Rhinos, but I wanted to him to lose faith in humanity before draining him with the same combo. I didn't attack, no no, that would be too quick.

EDIT:

I think the Mountain might be straight garbage. I might make it a Sylvan Library.

-Matt

Jan 2011
    York

Im not sure but cutting a tiaga or a grove for one more white source feels right.

Edited my post, and you read my mind uncletiggy

Jan 2011
    York

This is moving faster then my grandpa technology can keep up with lol. Id be careful cutting the mountain. 4 basics is dangerously low especially in matches where you want to fetch a couple early to avoid getting blown out.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Or make it a forest?

-Matt

Jan 2011
    York

Forest is probably better to start testing with. Library would compete with diabolic intent initially and maybe the nightmare sometime down the road.

May 2013
    Paris, France

@Sdematt:

Here are a few comments:

1) Huntmaster is on a totally different league than Rhino. Not playing, at least one, is detrimental. I can tell that from experience, he has won me many many games on his own.
    One should see him as our "Jace": Deed the world EOOT, land him and watch your opponent die to him. Not to mention that his ability synergies perfectly well with some of the core cards (top + Hunt in play is evil; profit from late drawn cabal therapy etc...)

2) Furthermore, your list is lacking a creature with a 2 for 1 ETB triggers in terms of board control. Rhino does not provide such ability neither Thrun nor Sigarda.

3) I'm wondering whether Thrun is really necessary in your list since you are also playing Sigarda. I can see him being played aside Sigarda in Junk to better deal with U/W control decks but as you have access to Punishing Fire and you don't play Kessig, my belief is that he is not mandatory at all.

So basically, here is the adjusted list:

- 1 Thrun
    +1 Huntmaster
    - 1 Phyrexian tower
    +1 Eternal Witness

I also have adjusted the mana base to take into account your black & red centered sideboard.
    So that you have access to 9 white, 14 red, 14 black and 16 green sources to be able to play your spells.
    Why ?
    T1 -> swamp (fetchs are all swamp centered) for DRS or CT
    T2 -> taiga/grove to either be playing PF, AD, Veteran etc...

Post board getting black & red as fast as possible is a matter of life or death.

4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    2 Taiga
    1 Bayou
    1 Badlands
    2 Scrubland
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bloodstained mire
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    2 Forest
    3 Swamp

Phyrexian tower is no longer necessary when playing "Red" as PF can be used on your own veteran if needed.
    Nevertheless, to make sure you will as reliably as possible be playing the recurring part of your deck, I have replaced it by another Eternal witness.

I also noticed that you are playing a 61 cards deck which I am fine with.
    But I would go for a 14 cards sideboard strategy with Volrath's stronghold as the flex slot (coming out against all combo decks for obvious reasons)

(14 cards)
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 1 Golgari Charm
    SB: 3 Red Elemental Blast
    SB: 1 Surgical extraction
    SB: 3 Slaughter Games
    SB: 3 Thoughtseize
    SB: 1 Dryad Militant
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip
    Last edited by Ralf; 04-23-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Hey there's a BUG fit player who plays at Mead Hall in MN and they stream legacy every Wednesday. I wonder if he's in the thread? His list looks really interesting. As far as I can tell

Vet
    Therapy
    Deed
    Strix
    Brainstorm
    Ponder
    Jace
    Dig
    Tasigur
    snapcaster
    Force
    Lili

SB
    Pulse
    Scooze

That's all I saw. I didn't see any fatties beyond tasigur so I'm guessing he and jace are the wincons.

I'd really love to see the whole list.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

http://mtgpulse.com/event/19888#280191

From a little while ago.

-Matt

Ran a list similar to sdematt's at a local over the weekend. I thought I would take a break from post and squash some delver decks. It turns out, the turn out was not great, and my match ups were even worse. Mono G Post (L), a bye, U/W/r delver control (W), and Miracles to top it off (L).

Post just curb stomped me I got an early Dragonlord Dromoka, he got an early Emrakul. The UWr game was fun, he managed to take game two by smashing me in the face with a hammer of bogardan, I cannot believe how nostalgic I felt after that. And miracles did what they do. All and all it is a good list, I just saw the wrong matchup's.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

I've been playing Punishing Fit lately, going I think 9-2-1 in total in three local tournaments (30-50 players, varied meta) and 3-4 in a slightly larger one (I'll blame it on heavy mulliganing).

I'm basically playing Bobman's list (most lists are quite similar) changing carpets in board to gaddock/cont.priest/canonist and 1 savannah in the main. Also boarding Leyline of the Void for gy hate and liking it - as a bonus it stops DTT's, hurts 2/3 threats in RUG uncounterably, is good vs Goyfs, KotR's, Deathrites, P.Fires etc. And also often undiscardable, unabrupt decayable. My other tweaks are running maindeck 4 Liliana, 2 Thoughtseize, 1 Recurring N and 1 Acidic Slime.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 15th sideboard slot and would want something vs Cloudpost and Marit Lage. Any tips?

I have 1 Blood Moon already in the board against these two strategies and possibly should add a second copy. I'm also considering a single Pithing Needle for Stage vs Marit Lage decks (but Lands, Maverick and Loam Pox being the main Lage decks around can all answer it easily, I think) or pithing for Expedition Map(?) vs Cloudpost. Also considering and leaning towards a third Slaughter Games for Primeval Titan vs Cloudpost or Loam/KotR/Crop Rotation vs Lage Decks. The latter use seems somewhat lackluster but Games comes in vs Miracles and combo decks too and seems very valuable there.

I did consider Ruination, From the Ashes and Sowing Salt too... Not too different from Blood Moon.

Actually the Slime is partly there for its assumed relevance vs Cloudposts and Dark Depths, especially coupled with Recurring N. It may rarely occur but Slime can be tutored for so it's basically a question of topping for the RN.

For reference here is the current sb:
    2 Slaughter Games
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 REB
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Golgari Charm
    2 Leyline of the Void
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Blood Moon

Thread Information