Page 281 of 428 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Thragtusk
    1 The Gitrog Monster
    1 Consecrated Sphinx
    1 Deadeye Navigator

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay

3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Recurring Nightmare

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Svannah
    1 Mana Confluence
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

sb::
    1 Notion Thief
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Taiga
    3 Slaughter Games

Settled on taking Ultimate with me to Charlotte, been tweaking it on and off. Might try to find room for an Edric at some point, also still actively working on the sideboard but I need to start packing soon and might not have enough time to squeeze in anything else. Might end up running 2 Needles over 2 Grips. Lands will never be anything beyond a match steal situation for this version (even with the Needles), which is unfortunate, but I think that I'm as well set as I can reasonably hope to be vs other decks. I think I'd rather be strong vs Miracles than strong vs Lands, if I can only be one or the other and not both.

If I can find an Edric on site (I don't own one and struck out at my LGS), and I decide to put him in, it will be over the Courser. Courser is currently clinging to its slot by virtue of being stupid with Gitrog.

Anyway, I'll be jamming in the main event with UB Faeries until I'm dead, and then probably floating around between artists, dealers, and legacy events for the rest of the weekend. If you're going to be there and happen to see me / track me down, feel free to say hi :)

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I still think having the second Sigarda ain't no slouch move, as well. Doubling up against Shardless, Jund, and Miracles seems tight.
    My mind immediately thought of Mirror Gallery.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Thragtusk
    1 The Gitrog Monster
    1 Consecrated Sphinx
    1 Deadeye Navigator

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay

3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Recurring Nightmare

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Svannah
    1 Mana Confluence
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

sb::
    1 Notion Thief
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Taiga
    3 Slaughter Games

Settled on taking Ultimate with me to Charlotte, been tweaking it on and off. Might try to find room for an Edric at some point, also still actively working on the sideboard but I need to start packing soon and might not have enough time to squeeze in anything else. Might end up running 2 Needles over 2 Grips. Lands will never be anything beyond a match steal situation for this version (even with the Needles), which is unfortunate, but I think that I'm as well set as I can reasonably hope to be vs other decks. I think I'd rather be strong vs Miracles than strong vs Lands, if I can only be one or the other and not both.

If I can find an Edric on site (I don't own one and struck out at my LGS), and I decide to put him in, it will be over the Courser. Courser is currently clinging to its slot by virtue of being stupid with Gitrog.

Anyway, I'll be jamming in the main event with UB Faeries until I'm dead, and then probably floating around between artists, dealers, and legacy events for the rest of the weekend. If you're going to be there and happen to see me / track me down, feel free to say hi :)
    Sweet jesus.

When's Charlotte? Not sure if the mail will get there in time for Edric; I think I still have a stack of them since I forgot to sell when they were high.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Sweet jesus.

When's Charlotte? Not sure if the mail will get there in time for Edric; I think I still have a stack of them since I forgot to sell when they were high.
    This weekend. Leaving tomorrow piss early in the morning, coming back Monday.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Slaughter Games flat out isn't needed for the blue lists. Being able to run V.Clique and Glen Elendra in addition to all of the other usual toys should be enough for Ultimate, and the combo decks du jour at the moment don't really scoop to Slaughter Games. Sneak and Show has been putting up good numbers online, but that hasn't converted to paper yet.

Furthermore, I'm expecting that the legacy side events at Charlotte are going to be filled with a higher than average number of grinders playing real decks in an attempt at getting in some testing for Columbus, as opposed to the usual swarm of garbage decks by people who will play whatever they own. At the moment considering going:

-2 K.Grip
    -1 Taiga
    -3 Slaughter Games

+2 Pithing Needle
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Sylvan Safekeeper

Not happy with losing both Grips at the moment, trying to figure out a way to keep one of them. Unfortunately there's no room to maindeck the Safekeeper here, which complicates things.

Side topic: it might be worth discussing if it's possible for white lists to splash blue /instead/ of red. While V.Clique and Glen Elendra are probably impossible to splash, Negate and Invasive Surgery might be worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    This weekend. Leaving tomorrow piss early in the morning, coming back Monday.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Slaughter Games flat out isn't needed for the blue lists. Being able to run V.Clique and Glen Elendra in addition to all of the other usual toys should be enough for Ultimate, and the combo decks du jour at the moment don't really scoop to Slaughter Games. Sneak and Show has been putting up good numbers online, but that hasn't converted to paper yet.

Furthermore, I'm expecting that the legacy side events at Charlotte are going to be filled with a higher than average number of grinders playing real decks in an attempt at getting in some testing for Columbus, as opposed to the usual swarm of garbage decks by people who will play whatever they own. At the moment considering going:

-2 K.Grip
    -1 Taiga
    -3 Slaughter Games

+2 Pithing Needle
    +2 Surgical Extraction
    +1 Gaddock Teeg
    +1 Sylvan Safekeeper

Not happy with losing both Grips at the moment, trying to figure out a way to keep one of them. Unfortunately there's no room to maindeck the Safekeeper here, which complicates things.

Side topic: it might be worth discussing if it's possible for white lists to splash blue /instead/ of red. While V.Clique and Glen Elendra are probably impossible to splash, Negate and Invasive Surgery might be worth considering.
    Random thought with a blue splash if we're talking about non tutor cards, could Eldrazi or Miracles beat an Ashiok?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I'll be playing in a tournament this weekend. It's my own tournament series that I've handed the reigns off to someone else. I hope to crush and then piss away the prize into nothing. This is also the first time in like 2 months I've played in a really large tournament.

Godspeed, me.

-Matt

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Best of luck to both of you!

Don't forget the reports when you're done! You're not the only ones living through the experiences of others .

@Arian, how have you found The Toad? What does he do for you and how well does he do it? Cheers and good luck all!

Speaking of Pod variants, how does this look to you guys?

Abzan Colorless

3 Veteran Explorer
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Eldrazi Displacer

3 other good creatures

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Traverse the Ulvenwald
    2 Birthing Pod

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Path to Exile
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Pernicious Deed

3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    1 Scrubland
    1 Savannah

2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    1 Plains
    1 Wastes

1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Llanowar Wastes
    1 Caves of Koilos
    2 Brushland

6 Thoughtseize creatures and Pod to find them for combo matchups.
    Displacer + Seer/Sculler/Witness to grind down

The 3 other creature slots I have a few different ideas for.

- Sheoldred + Yosei + 5-drop - pretty much a hard lock, but awkward to get to.
    - Teysa, Orzhov Scion + Karmic Guide + Reveillark - goes infinite and exiles opponent's hand/creatures with Tidehollow Sculler, but it's got a lot of parts to the combo. Individual bits are better than Sheoldred though.
    - Sun Titan + Thragtusk + Sigarda - value is good
    - Rhinos
    - Sneak a Stoneforge package in there
    - More interaction - maybe Wasteland Strangler to go with Tidehollow Sculler?

The idea of a Pod deck with Eldrazi have always intrigued me, but i think that the perfect card -first of all- is matter reshaper. Too perfect with Pod, Sac effect, Top and so on.
    Frankly i don't like your list so much boss: i fear that you have too many creatures you don't want to pod away like Sculler and Tracker, too many spot removal (i've always found myself ok with 2 decay/3 deed or the other way around).
    Plus, i don't think we have te right combination of cards to get Delirium steadly.

Anyway, Displacer+Reshaper are very good reasons to try this way. I will think about it, thx boss =D

Dec 2013

You're probably better off with putting 2/3 Pods in the regular Junk list. Cut the 6-drop, cut Pte/AD no. 6 and whatever other flex slot you may have. Just use Pod to establish an Eternal Witness + Meren loop with an option to churn out Rhinos for 3/4 turns straight (cutting Rhino no. 4 for Pod no. 3 might be easier/smarter to do than that probably lower CMC flex slot) and call it a day. Keep it nice and simple.

Your basic gameplan stays the same - drop Rhino and smash face, whilst having extra means to power through whatever your opponent is doing.

Taobotmox

Sep 2005
    Germany

I have worked a bit on a white pod list, but it is hard to get enough disruption into it while keeping a high creature count. I had not thought about Matter Reshaper, that card sounds nice. Can post list later. A few things:

- the creature count must be way higher to support Pod
    - in Pod versions play Swords over Path! Read Qweerios post 2-3 pages back.
    - you need 3-4 DR Shamans to fuel your Mana to get to Pod activations in time
    - Tidehollow Sculler doesn't work, you use it with Pod and they get their card back. Stoneforge and Wall of Blossoms are the best 2-drops.
    - if you play White Pod, play a Rector and a Nightmare. Low downside, extremely high upside.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    - if you play White Pod, play a Rector and a Nightmare. Low downside, extremely high upside.
    Meh, run an Omniscience when you're running a Rector. Or an Archetype of Endurance that you can Pod to some nasty ass 9 mana creature. Inkwell Leviathan is a nice, very hard to kill clock. Have some balls or just don't run Rector.

As for Displacer + Sculler - I like that one. Just blink Sculler in response to its ETB trigger and the card you had your opponent discard is gone. Very mana intensive though. Displacer also screams for stuff like Shriekmaw, Reclamation Sage and Eternal Witness.

Nah, i think that rector is a good and very cool card with lots of nice targets. Last sunday i ve played it with moon, deed, recurring, library and spirit of the labyrint and eidolon in sb

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tao View Post
    I have worked a bit on a white pod list, but it is hard to get enough disruption into it while keeping a high creature count. I had not thought about Matter Reshaper, that card sounds nice. Can post list later. A few things:

- the creature count must be way higher to support Pod
    - in Pod versions play Swords over Path! Read Qweerios post 2-3 pages back.
    - you need 3-4 DR Shamans to fuel your Mana to get to Pod activations in time
    - Tidehollow Sculler doesn't work, you use it with Pod and they get their card back. Stoneforge and Wall of Blossoms are the best 2-drops.
    Wall of Blossoms? Totally forgot about how good that card was back in the day, jeez.

Taobotmox

Sep 2005
    Germany

I dont want to spam lists so here just a few thoughts and answers:

- 2-drop: At least 1 SFM/Batterskull seems like a fix choice. For WoB, if you want to play Pod you have to draw it right? WoB helps with that. I think WoB is the right 2-drop next to SFM. But if you want to play Voice of Resurgance or Strangleroot Geist instead that seems fine, too.

- About Rector, he is a natural fit (no pun intended) for White Pod lists. Recurring Nightmare is a great card on its own and finds its way into many decks without Rector. But Pod makes you want to prioritize creatures with abilities that trigger when they die or EtB like Thragtusk, Witness, Wall of Blossoms, Murderous Redcap and the removal creatures of your choice (Shriekmaw, Shadowborn Demon, Massacre Wurm). And all those creatures just go along very well with Recurring Nightmare so you might want to play Recurring Nightmare anyway in Pod lists. You also want to play Pernicious Deed anyway which is the second big target of Rector. So really the only cost you need to pay to play Rector - is to have Rector in your deck. And the flexibility and power you gain is huge. Tutoring Nightmare simply wins attrition wars and being able to tutor Deed is amazing in many matchups.

- The things I found you need for Pod lists:
    1. Combined 6-8 DR Shamans + Explorer. Pod is slow so you need the mana boost.
    2. a very high creature count, at least 20 including DR Shamans, preferably a bit more.
    3. 3-4 Swords to Plowshares. You simply die all the time if you try to be greedy and cut them.

- what you can cut/reduce:
    1. I think cutting Abrupt Decay is correct. You have Swords as fast removal and you can tutor Reclamation Sage and for Deed with Rector. It is better to increase the creature count
    2. GSZ, Top, Truths: you can run a few, but not nearly as much of these as in standard Nic Fit lists, the required creature count for Pod is too high.

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

I guess Junk Pod Nic Fit could be a thing, too bad we don't have great value 2CMC drops for Pod in Junk colors. What about something like this:

Lands [21]
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Karakas
    1 Dryad Arbor

Creatures [20]
    CMC1:
    4 Veteran Explorer
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    CMC2:
    2 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    CMC3:
    2 Eternal Witness
    1 Kitchen Finks
    CMC4:
    2 Siege Rhino
    1 Meren of the Clan Nel Toth
    1 Thought-Knot Seer
    CMC5:
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

Spells [19]
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Birthing Pod
    2 Painful Truths

Sideboard [15]
    3 Hymn to Tourach/Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Thrun, the Last Troll
    1 Phyexian Revoker

I guess this list should be fun to play, at least. I don't know if it's competitive/consistent enough. What do you think?
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

Dude, Voice of Resurgence should be the go to 2 drop for any nonblue pod list, the value sounds insane
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalize View Post
    I guess Junk Pod Nic Fit could be a thing, too bad we don't have great value 2CMC drops for Pod in Junk colors. What about something like this:

I guess this list should be fun to play, at least. I don't know if it's competitive/consistent enough. What do you think?
    What about Strangleroot Geist/Wall of Roots/Wall of Blossoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Dude, Voice of Resurgence should be the go to 2 drop for any nonblue pod list, the value sounds insane

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Omg, totally forgot about Voice of Ressurgence and Wall of Blossoms. Maybe -1 Qasali Pridemage -1 Scavenging Ooze and +1 Voice +1 Wall?
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

Thread Information