Page 397 of 428 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,940 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Blasphemy!

Blasp...hemy..?

@emaugust: Reread your post, saw your question was mainly about Sneak Fit. I'm mainly a Junk Fit guy, so there's no need for me to divulge.
    Yeah, Nissa is not straight up better than Sigarda. Sigarda is our main dude. Does Nissa beat onboard Jace, Liliana, or both? The answer may shock you! I think Sigarda has to be included, and Nissa should be considered. I cut the 1-of Batterskull for her to try her out. I wasn't getting much with the lifegain; I was dreamcrushing Delver anyway.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Yeah, Nissa is not straight up better than Sigarda. Sigarda is our main dude. Does Nissa beat onboard Jace, Liliana, or both? The answer may shock you! I think Sigarda has to be included, and Nissa should be considered. I cut the 1-of Batterskull for her to try her out. I wasn't getting much with the lifegain; I was dreamcrushing Delver anyway.
    I tried out Atraxa over Rhino #4 this weekend. Me like! And I got to try out my Sylvan Library for the first time. OMG, that thing is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I tried out Atraxa over Rhino #4 this weekend. Me like! And I got to try out my Sylvan Library for the first time. OMG, that thing is insane.
    did u splash blue or gsz only? did u ever draw it and she was dead in hand?
    trust u are still on the same list u posted pages ago?

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by cherson View Post
    did u splash blue or gsz only? did u ever draw it and she was dead in hand?
    trust u are still on the same list u posted pages ago?
    Yeah, still am. Did not splash blue, I just GSZ'd. She was dead in my hand once, was able to shuffle her away in all other occasions.

Seriously, running one off-colour card you can cheat in is perfectly fine, there's no need to be afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    I think this may have been during spring 2015 so it's a bit vague to me, but the opponent could use the Jace brainstorming to draw into answers for Thragtusk and the token also occasionaly bouncing the token with Jace. And I guess Terminus for a Thragtusk on board gets rid of the token if you sacrifice Tusk to Phyrexian Tower before the Terminus resolves, that allows the Miracles player to draw more cards than you for a turn and potentially build up a board state that allows them to race you (?), Clique the Tusk during your draw step or just Entreat/Mentor away. I think it may have been an Entreat ending that game..
    V Clique seems like a really good answer for Stronghold... That'd do it though, sounds like a well played match as well.

Also, I take back my earlier comments about Sakura Tribe Elder; I had a moment today where I GSZ'd for two to get some ramp (I didn't have a sac outlet for the vet explorers, and had two on field my opponent refused to kill), and I stumbled across my Tribe Elder in my library. Turns out having a GSZ'able ramp target on two is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by truthfulcake View Post
    V Clique seems like a really good answer for Stronghold... That'd do it though, sounds like a well played match as well.

Also, I take back my earlier comments about Sakura Tribe Elder; I had a moment today where I GSZ'd for two to get some ramp (I didn't have a sac outlet for the vet explorers, and had two on field my opponent refused to kill), and I stumbled across my Tribe Elder in my library. Turns out having a GSZ'able ramp target on two is pretty good.
    Steve is a dude. He's always done pretty good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by volrathxp View Post
    Steve is a dude. He's always done pretty good for me.
    Yes indeed. It's not because there is some possible answers or tricks to stop the two towers engine that they aren't a deadly engine...

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I think Nissa beats both of those, unless they're behind a Moat. Sigarda is definitely good, it's just something I'm thinking about since my list only allows for one 5 drop and Thrun/Nissa still offers pressure, recursion, and being hard to deal with just as Meren/Sigarda does. The downside is that I lose a GSZ target, but the upside is I need less white mana.

If anything, it might be a BUG plan. Blue offers Reality Shift as a replacement for Path so we still have exile based removal but I'm having trouble coming up with other blue cards I would want that justify 2 CMC removal and a loss of Sorin/Pridemage.
    Last edited by Brael; 11-28-2016 at 02:49 PM.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

I think reality shift is not good enough. Also, Leovald is absolutely obnoxious. I have been playing some enchantress on mtgo to sate my curiousity, played a few nic fitters. Leovald has beaten me a few times, not to mention he says if his owner is targeted, so therapy them and they draw a card.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    I think reality shift is not good enough.
    It's no Path to Exile or Swords to Plowshares, but the value of a 2/2 against a deck like ours is pretty small, since most people are running an entire creature suite that interacts favorably with it. It's a card that deals with Gurmag Angler, Marit Lage, and many others. I haven't actually tried it out in a tournament setting, but I think it's better than you're giving it credit for being, especially in a format as creature light as Legacy where the manifest will punish you less.

Also, Leovald is absolutely obnoxious. I have been playing some enchantress on mtgo to sate my curiousity, played a few nic fitters. Leovald has beaten me a few times, not to mention he says if his owner is targeted, so therapy them and they draw a card.
    I agree completely with this part though. I saw Shardless has started running him too. It definitely feels like it has a place in Nic Fit, but every BUG list I put together I end up not liking because it just looks like a bad version of Shardless or elves.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

I believe reality shift deserves testing.

I would play the junk splash blue version, atraxa and Leo are too strong not to include.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Atraxa, Praetors' Voice
    2 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay

1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Pernicious Deed

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Mana Confluence
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

sb::
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    2 To the Slaughter
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Toxic Deluge
    2 Disfigure

This is where I would look for an Ultimate-style BUG+white build.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Siege Rhino
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay

1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Pernicious Deed

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Mana Confluence
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    2 To the Slaughter
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Toxic Deluge
    2 Disfigure

Great list! I would actually go with the 1 of Dead-Eye Navigator over Dragonlord Dromoka for better protection of your own creatures in play. I know it's not Zenithable, but anyway, it's synergy with the rest of the deck is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps someone can expand on this. I have the basis for a BUG deck in my head.

Traverse to start but then Smallpox and Collective Brutality for enablers. You might not realize it, but Smallpox can get 3-4 card types in the graveyard with just it, and Collective Brutality on a cascade can still escalate two types into the GY (plus it as a sorcery). This is entirely in GB so it leaves open the third color... I lean blue here but red can also work.

Feb 2015
    Italy

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Siege Rhino
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay

1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Pernicious Deed

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Mana Confluence
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    2 To the Slaughter
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Toxic Deluge
    2 Disfigure

Very nice list, I would put together a very similar one. I also appreciate the love for Dromoka because I have began to like him more and more after the advent of the eldrazi menace (sort of menace, if you jam therapies explorers and all the good stuff we have access to).
    I'd probably play path over strix, because it seems a very gsz oriented deck (and I hate deeding more than 0-1 creatures, even if they replace themselves) and path has to be played imo if we have white. But that maybe opens the possibility of some problems mana wise?

Quote Originally Posted by truthfulcake View Post
    Sometimes STE feels like the unsung hero of the deck, keeping everything glued together through disruption or being unable to get explorers active.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    Very nice list, I would put together a very similar one. I also appreciate the love for Dromoka because I have began to like him more and more after the advent of the eldrazi menace (sort of menace, if you jam therapies explorers and all the good stuff we have access to).
    I'd probably play path over strix, because it seems a very gsz oriented deck (and I hate deeding more than 0-1 creatures, even if they replace themselves) and path has to be played imo if we have white. But that maybe opens the possibility of some problems mana wise?
    I think it'd be way too hard on the mana. Strix is better vs Eldrazi, as well, which is a matchup I like winning.

Quote Originally Posted by removedfromgame View Post
    Sometimes STE feels like the unsung hero of the deck, keeping everything glued together through disruption or being unable to get explorers active.
    I've been saying this for years, but people still cut him in favor of more "fun" cards. He always has a place in my lists.

Feb 2015
    Italy

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

I think it'd be way too hard on the mana. Strix is better vs Eldrazi, as well, which is a matchup I like winning.

I've been saying this for years, but people still cut him in favor of more "fun" cards. He always has a place in my lists.
    I mean without strix we only really want U for Leo and Atraxa, which can be tutored for with gsz. A stock junk mana base with a U dual (and a island if we want UU to play JTMS) isn't going to do it?
    When the new commander become cheaper I'll try something like that

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Siege Rhino
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay

1 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Pernicious Deed

4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Savannah
    1 Mana Confluence
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    2 To the Slaughter
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    2 Toxic Deluge
    2 Disfigure

I think it should be more so junk splashing blue.
    I think 2 islands and jtms is ambitious. switch the island to a scrubland and the jtms to a third rhino and mana conf to a plains?
    Strix is a great include I had forgot about.
    I have been favoring 2 deed and 1 deluge lately.
    No tops is odd, I think 2 brainstorm and 2 top is likely safer.
    Disfigures in the side could just be paths.
    How do you like trackers? I feel like I would rather have a vindicate and a garruk relentless.

These changes would make it looks much more like the version I am working on albeit I totally forgot about the emrakul killer, Owly.

@rubble: I bought a leo for 33 yesterday and Atraxa is down to 19 from the 26 I bought it at.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Could do that, although we'd lose Clique in the board.

Thread Information