Page 400 of 428 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,000 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    4 baby, herding the Skillerhino.
    I call it a Rhinoscopy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbGneiss View Post
    What are your thoughts on the blue splash?
    Going too far into blue seems incredibly dangerous to me. It's so demanding on your manabase that you're likely to screw yourself out of games with it. For now I'm sticking with just the 1 and GSZ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherson View Post
    I could imagine that casting rhinos in 4c list is also more heavy than for example a tracker. Personally I play 2 rhinos and 1 tracker.
    I'm on 4 Rhinos (or 3 and an Atraxa) and a Tracker. And a Courser. You can have it all!

@Ricardio: Dude, dump the ADs for 2 PtE and a Qasali Pridemage! And you probably want another Top in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Moist Rhinos v2

Took some of the considerations and made the changes. I dont have time tonight to run it so probably tomorrow night. being sick sucks.
    Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.

CHEERS, M9
    Im really not in love with not being able to cast Sigarda off of basics but other than that the mana base does look better(thank god for vet and shaman)

Feb 2015
    Italy

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

http://i.imgur.com/8dfPej4.png

Moist Rhinos v2

Took some of the considerations and made the changes. I dont have time tonight to run it so probably tomorrow night. being sick sucks.
    Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.

CHEERS, M9
    I like this! Please win a league and name the deck like that on the various websites

E: no ooze? Seems weird with all this br reanimator BULLSHIT going on atm

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    I like this! Please win a league and name the deck like that on the various websites
    I'd go with Rhinos-In-The-Rain.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Feb 2015
    Italy

@ u splashers: when exactly do you tutor for Leo in non combo mu?

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    @ u splashers: when exactly do you tutor for Leo in non combo mu?
    Against jace most of the time.

Also against shadrless when they have visions on suspend if you have seen some decays already.

Can let you get out from under ports if they are prioritizing your other colors for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I'd go with Rhinos-In-The-Rain.
    Did you see Cedric Phillips flamed the idea of creative deck list names? I don't remember the exact wording, but basically he called it stupid and useless. Pardon me if I embelished, but I'm pretry sure that was his sentiment.

I get the impression he is not a fan or legacy/vintage players and our attempts at creativity. Hopefully, I'm not blowing things out of the water, but his recent statements seem a little harsh and out of left field.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Haters gotta hate.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Did you see Cedric Phillips flamed the idea of creative deck list names? I don't remember the exact wording, but basically he called it stupid and useless. Pardon me if I embelished, but I'm pretry sure that was his sentiment.

I get the impression he is not a fan or legacy/vintage players and our attempts at creativity. Hopefully, I'm not blowing things out of the water, but his recent statements seem a little harsh and out of left field.
    Cedric wants formats to have as low a barrier to entry as possible when it comes to understanding them because it makes for a better broadcast when a deck name describes the deck rather than being creative. If someone is brand new to legacy a name like Stax or Nic Fit makes for horrible coverage, and as much as I hate to say it "Abzan Ramp" (or better yet BG/x Ramp) is a much more broadcast friendly name for the deck.

I think the problem with descriptive deck names though, is that the whole system breaks down when you have two different decks in the same color combination. BGW Midrange can describe both Maverick and Nic Fit or BUG Midrange covers our blue builds as much as it does Shardless. SCG however avoids this problem by confining their coverage to only a few decks, so this particular issue never comes up.

Ideal names are both creative and descriptive. It's not an easy thing to do though. Cheeri0s is an example of this.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

legacy decks are old and have important names full of history and wonderful backstory.
    Nic Fit, Solidarity, etc.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Cedric wants formats to have as low a barrier to entry as possible when it comes to understanding them because it makes for a better broadcast when a deck name describes the deck rather than being creative. If someone is brand new to legacy a name like Stax or Nic Fit makes for horrible coverage, and as much as I hate to say it "Abzan Ramp" (or better yet BG/x Ramp) is a much more broadcast friendly name for the deck.

I think the problem with descriptive deck names though, is that the whole system breaks down when you have two different decks in the same color combination. BGW Midrange can describe both Maverick and Nic Fit or BUG Midrange covers our blue builds as much as it does Shardless. SCG however avoids this problem by confining their coverage to only a few decks, so this particular issue never comes up.

Ideal names are both creative and descriptive. It's not an easy thing to do though. Cheeri0s is an example of this.
    I appreciate the measured, well-thought-out response. I was hoping not to be accusatory in my post, but I'm afraid on that count. I will say that I mostly agree with your take on cheerios and the post below yours which talks about the history of names like nic fit and solidarity.

legacy decks are old and have important names full of history and wonderful backstory.
    Nic Fit, Solidarity, etc.
    Yes, but adding vocabulary for the viewers doesn't help with growing the format.

Aug 2016
    Charlotte, NC

For someone not familiar with Legacy the deck names are a bit confusing. When I was still solely a Modern player I was watching a Legacy Open on Twitch and was watching decks like Burn, Colorless Eldrazi, Reanimator, Storm, and....Tin Fins? WTF is that?

When we're "in the know" it's all good and fun. The descriptive names themselves can get pretty silly by themselves, particularly when you have a Standard season like BFZ/Khans with "Jeskai Black" and "Blue Abzan" and the like. But as a Legacy player I find the deck names fun and a much better description of what you're actually playing. Nic Fit is one that's a little more vague but you still have a general idea of what the deck is trying to do. Others like Maverick, D&T, and Deadguy Ale are just names that stuck, but still have meaning when you are familiar with the format, or ones named after key cards/abilities like Miracles, Food Chain, or Aluren still tell you what the deck will do.

Dec 2013

I don't care. He's free to say whatever he wants. Why should that piss on my parade? They can call this deck Abzan Ramp Good Stuff (if Rock is no longer a thing) if that's what pleases the crowd. Doesn't mean I won't stop liking stuff like Rhinos-In-The-Rain or SE Fit.

Heck, for me silly names are a motivation to look up what they're about.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

my favorite names that I've heard are: standard allstars.dec or BG/X EDH

my favorite names that I've heard are: standard allstars.dec or BG/X EDH
    I always liked 'Not Enough Bad Lands.dec' for Scapeshift - I played a Blood Crypt in addition to a playset of Badlands.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

The proper name for Junk splash blue is "Tombstone," except we dont run Brainstorm.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    The proper name for Junk splash blue is "Tombstone," except we dont run Brainstorm.
    I'll be your huckleberry.

I might be running the Starfield deck tomorrow, and if I do it's going to go on my decklist as Nyx Fit.dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    I might be running the Starfield deck tomorrow, and if I do it's going to go on my decklist as Nyx Fit.dec.
    I played that one online for a few leagues earlier this year. Keep in mind if you are running Curse of Death's Hold, that last time I checked, modo was bugged and would not allow you to put it into play from Rector. Talked with judges and they saw no reason that you couldn't in paper though.

Going to run Living Plane??

Thread Information