Page 402 of 428 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Jain_Mor View Post
    Finally in your list of 3 cmc artifacts, you didn't mention Ensarong Bridge. Probably not maindeck, but could be a solid sideboard card when you can tutor it
    I was only including cards that this might want. I excluded a couple equipments as well since they didn't fit into the colors/strategy. There seems to be a glut of 3 drops here which makes emptying your hand for Bridge difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Glissa also seems like some cool tech. Doesn't die in combat, which is nice when wielding equipment, and can possibly recur Strixes/Equipment.
    The three slot is probably too crowded. 2-3 tutor targets and Trophy Mage is already 6-7 3 drops and we haven't even gotten into any of the CA engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Still playing with the Trophy Mage concept, but I'm not overly familiar with SFM lists. So a question for the SFM players. Besides SFM, what would you say the best support cards for the archetype were aside from the equipment? I know combat walkers were always powerful.
    I believe I was running 2 Deed, 1 Deluge main as sweepers in my old SFM list from earlier in the year. One less Deed to avoid losing your equipment to seemed ok at the time. Elspeth, Knight-Errant always seemed a house when I could land her - what's better than Arbor suited up with equipment? Arbor given +3/+3 and flying with that equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I believe I was running 2 Deed, 1 Deluge main as sweepers in my old SFM list from earlier in the year. One less Deed to avoid losing your equipment to seemed ok at the time. Elspeth, Knight-Errant always seemed a house when I could land her - what's better than Arbor suited up with equipment? Arbor given +3/+3 and flying with that equipment.
    I was kind of thinking about one of the green 2 drops with Vigilance as an equipment carrier.

Brushstrider
    Steward of Valeron
    Sylvan Advocate

Of those, I like Advocate the most since it combos well with Shackles putting out lands and it's value off Explorer too so it pivots well (though begs the question, why not just play Goyf?), but I like that Steward helps alleviate the 3 drop congestion by providing mana too.

I haven't yet figured out if this conflicts with Strix though, which is also a solid Sword carrier. I think this build has to give up Divining Top.

If you want something to help you get through with Sword triggers, I'd say Grim Flayer and Baleful Strix are your best bets.

I haven't yet figured out if this conflicts with Strix though, which is also a solid Sword carrier. I think this build has to give up Divining Top.
    I've been watching twitch user Stryfo lately and he has a unique BUG Fit list. No GSZ, full 4 Deathrite, Strixes, 2 Trackers, Garruk Relentless, couple of Jace, and it tops out with Nissa VF and Ob Nixilis. Pulse of Murasa from the side has done some phenomenal work. It's basically a lower-cmc no-GSZ list that is chock full of value. Basically instead of having 7 mana to GSZ for a fatty, he uses excess mana to play all the extra cards the deck draws. Painful Truths->E Witness-> Truths-> Pulse Witness->Truths...

I'd suggest anyone on here to look him up and check out what the deck can do.

Just thinking, with Strixes along with CA-generating equipment tutors like SFM or this new blue guy, could be possible to mimic that style - equipment beats instead of planeswalkers though.

I've been watching twitch user Stryfo lately and he has a unique BUG Fit list. No GSZ, full 4 Deathrite, Strixes, 2 Trackers, Garruk Relentless, couple of Jace, and it tops out with Nissa VF and Ob Nixilis. Pulse of Murasa from the side has done some phenomenal work. It's basically a lower-cmc no-GSZ list that is chock full of value. Basically instead of having 7 mana to GSZ for a fatty, he uses excess mana to play all the extra cards the deck draws. Painful Truths->E Witness-> Truths-> Pulse Witness->Truths...

Just thinking, with Strixes along with CA-generating equipment tutors like SFM or this new blue guy, could be possible to mimic that style - equipment beats instead of planeswalkers though.
    Sounds like something up my alley. Do you happen to have Stryfo's list offhand? I can't check Twitch for the next couple days, or really brainstorm lists for a bit because of crunch time for the semester.

I would love to take a look at this list. Pulse of Murasa was a card I've been thinking about for a long time, but I had concerns about it's power level.

I used to be pretty cold towards GSZ, but after seeing what it does when you have 4 in the deck and you're constantly shuffling, I have a lot of difficulty imagining the deck without them. I'd be interested to see how many cantrips and value cards they run total.

Jan 2011
    York

I've been away from nicfit for some time now ironing out a turbo depths list but some recent acquisitions have me looking at bugfit as a new toy. I'm still brewing but I've decided a tezz/thopter plan is what I want to play but the numbers are still a mess. I'm looking at this and scratching my head. I still need to pick up a few things but here's where id like to start.

4 Veteran explorer
    3 baleful strix
    1 hangerback walker
    1 e witness
    1 edric
    1 leovold
    1 glissa
    1 verdurous gear hulk

3 thopter foundry
    2 sword of the meek

4 tezzerat
    3 zenith
    3 top

4 cabal therapy
    2 ee
    1 deed
    1 counterbalance
    3 decay

22 lands

3 bayou
    1 tropical
    1 usea
    4 verdant
    2 misty
    2 delta
    3 forest
    2 swamp
    2 island
    1 phyrexian tower
    1 tar pit

3 chalice
    1 trinishpere
    2 ensnaring bridge
    1 counterbalance
    2 ts
    1 grip
    3 force
    2 ?

Scooze, sower of temptation, deathrite, jace, innocent blood, painful truths, and sylvan library are glaring omissions. So little space... I'm not sold the stompy manarock shell is the only home for tezz.

There seems to be a glut of 3 drops here which makes emptying your hand for Bridge difficult
    Who are you siding bridge in against? D&T ^-^? I think you'll be fine getting less than 15..7..5.. or even 4 cards in your hand. And a strix with a sword is only 3 power so you can create some powerful asymmetry for the attack step against some decks with silly creatures
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by uncletiggy View Post
    I've been away from nicfit for some time now ironing out a turbo depths list but some recent acquisitions have me looking at bugfit as a new toy. I'm still brewing but I've decided a tezz/thopter plan is what I want to play but the numbers are still a mess. I'm looking at this and scratching my head. I still need to pick up a few things but here's where id like to start.

4 Veteran explorer
    3 baleful strix
    1 hangerback walker
    1 e witness
    1 edric
    1 leovold
    1 glissa
    1 verdurous gear hulk

3 thopter foundry
    2 sword of the meek

4 tezzerat
    3 zenith
    3 top

4 cabal therapy
    2 ee
    1 deed
    1 counterbalance
    3 decay

22 lands

3 bayou
    1 tropical
    1 usea
    4 verdant
    2 misty
    2 delta
    3 forest
    2 swamp
    2 island
    1 phyrexian tower
    1 tar pit

3 chalice
    1 trinishpere
    2 ensnaring bridge
    1 counterbalance
    2 ts
    1 grip
    3 force
    2 ?

Scooze, sower of temptation, deathrite, jace, innocent blood, painful truths, and sylvan library are glaring omissions. So little space... I'm not sold the stompy manarock shell is the only home for tezz.
    *_* you have my attention!
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Any love for a straight GB build?
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    The mana base available to us is good enough at splashing a third colour doesn't really impact our consistency much. There isn't much reason not to, unless you just really want to run Hymn to Tourach, but the additional utility the other colors five you is generally just more powerful.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

http://i.imgur.com/ujzi1ed.png
    BUG fit in a league against BR reanimtor 2-0'd himm with double drs game 1 :D

1-0 in league

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    BUG fit in a league against BR reanimtor 2-0'd himm with double drs game 1 :D

1-0 in league
    Seeing Master Biomancer there is just beautiful!

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

http://i.imgur.com/RlmnH6f.png
    .....ladies....gentlemen....the dream...

UPDATE: we did it

http://i.imgur.com/Os4CoRZ.png

2-0 (4-1)

done for now :D

also this http://i.imgur.com/uoNuco2.png

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    I was tinkering with a food chain build.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by jbone2016 View Post
    I was tinkering with a food chain build.
    What advantage would BG Food Chain give you over regular Food Chain?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post

http://i.imgur.com/RlmnH6f.png
    .....ladies....gentlemen....the dream...

UPDATE: we did it

http://i.imgur.com/Os4CoRZ.png

2-0 (4-1)

done for now :D

also this http://i.imgur.com/uoNuco2.png
    Holy..this..this is awesome!! No reactions from the opponent?

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    General disbelief, probably. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    Everyone has paused to read master bio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    General disbelief, probably. Lol
    I imagine they are mad that they are losing to an edh deck haha

Thread Information