Page 354 of 428 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Makes sense, but doesn't that last sentence go directly against using planeswalkers, since they are actually far more mana intensive?
    Some, 4 mana PW's can be decent. Instead of most PW's though (I do use a Sorin LoI) I rely on Caverns because most of my creatures are coincidentally human (DRS is one of the few that isn't).

Not many (any?) share my approach, I'm not even sure it's good... it's what I'm trying lately though.

Edit: The advantage to Cavern is that it's pretty wide, it's good against any FoW match which means our good matches like Delver remain good, it's MB material, and most of the creatures we (I?) want to run are coincidentally humans. The disadvantage is that you're limited to humans, but I've found this to be a pretty minor drawback. In fact, I don't play humans only but of my 20 creatures (not including Arbor) 14 are humans. It helps a lot and it's even good for color fixing.
    Last edited by Brael; 09-14-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Regarding the Rhino build, currently going full force on them. Tireless Tracker plays a very good "filler" role where we can play an even more aggresive game.
    4 VetEx
    1 DRS
    1 Scooze
    1 E. Witness
    3 Tracker
    4 Rhino
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Sigarda
    4 GSZ
    3 SDT
    1 Pruths
    4 Therapy
    3 Deed
    2 Decay
    4 Pte
    1 Vindicate
    22 Lands
    I like the 3 Trackers. I want test this list but I want Innistrad Garruk in there.

Is anyone on here currently piloting the Scapewish Build?

I netdecked a list together and piloted it into second place at an unsanctioned 12 man legacy event at my LGS last night. The list was very dedicated to the combo with 0 fetches, 4 STE, and 2 Thoughtseize in the main.

I can post the list up later but my only loss was to the Dr Evil lands list that Ross Merriam wrote about last week (piloted by the creator). He was able to wasteland me to slow my game plan while sculpting his hand with permission and working his way towards the Stage-Depths Combo (which I simply had no game against). The list was very lacking and there were several times where I wanted to rage about the number of toolbox creatures that it didn't have access to (like eternal witness to regrow my Scapeshift that had been discarded to Collected Brutality).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I piloted Scapewish for quite a long while. Currently I've moved away from it because there's quite a lot of Lands and Infect in the local metagame, both of which are really terrible matchups for the deck.

The most recent list I ran was this:

4 Taiga
    4 Badlands
    1 Blood Crypt
    2 Bayou
    2 Mountain
    3 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Huntmaster of the Fells
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Thragtusk

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Burning Wish
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Pernicious Deed
    3 Sensei's Divining Top
    2 Scapeshift
    1 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Painful Truths

Sideboard:
    1 Scapeshift
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Innocent Blood
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Massacre
    1 From the Ashes
    3 Slaughter Games
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Garruk Relentless

The deck is actualy still pretty good. I personally went for a more combo plan, which I think you have to in this metagame. Huntmaster, Thragtusk and similar guys just aren't good enough for a beatdown plan to really work well, but they do make pretty reasonable roadblocks.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    I like the 3 Trackers. I want test this list but I want Innistrad Garruk in there.
    Personally i would like to see a walker in there aswell. Not sure if it's Garruk in the main. Liliana, Last Hope and/or Nissa, Vital Force are on my radar aswell.

Either cut PRuths, PtE, go to 21 lands or go to 61 cards main would be my first thoughts.
    The honeybadger is right tho, would love to see 2 DRS in there. Or even 3 Vet/4 DRS split.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    Scapewish
    Sweet looking list.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Just wanted to say hello to you all, and hope that all is well. School's back so I haven't played in a while.

I'll most likely move out of most of my extra stuff and just keep BGx Nic Fit/Junk as my only decks and invest in another car.

Godspeed, y'all. Keep fighting the good fight.

A new best friend for tireless tracker?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    Funny, but i'd rather draw cards.

Plus, the card isn't good enough on it's own.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

This card is only good if you have a Tracker down, and even if you do... I think drawing cards is better than a +1/+1 counter.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Personally i would like to see a walker in there aswell. Not sure if it's Garruk in the main. Liliana, Last Hope and/or Nissa, Vital Force are on my radar aswell.

Either cut PRuths, PtE, go to 21 lands or go to 61 cards main would be my first thoughts.
    The honeybadger is right tho, would love to see 2 DRS in there. Or even 3 Vet/4 DRS split.
    You sir just made my morning! I like you too!

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Just wanted to say hello to you all, and hope that all is well. School's back so I haven't played in a while.

I'll most likely move out of most of my extra stuff and just keep BGx Nic Fit/Junk as my only decks and invest in another car.

Godspeed, y'all. Keep fighting the good fight.
    Take care man. Whatever you do, don't end up in a flaming ball of death, mkay?

Mais non!
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Liliana, Last Hope seems to fit Junk very well. Kills all small stupid cretures.

Maybe a Tracker needs to for a Liliana?

The new 5 mana Nissa seems better then 5 mana Garruk. Maybe a Tusk have to, I am not sure.

Dec 2013

Liliana, Last Hope seems to fit Junk very well. Kills all small stupid cretures.
    But... What toughness 1 creatures do we give a shit about? Odds are you can block it with DRS and everything bigger than that.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    But... What toughness 1 creatures do we give a shit about? Odds are you can block it with DRS and everything bigger than that.
    It also makes 2 power cretures harmless so we can pay time. She is both a removel and value walker so it won't harm to test her, I think.

Dec 2013

It also makes 2 power cretures harmless so we can pay time. She is both a removel and value walker so it won't harm to test her, I think.
    Same question. How many small creatures are there that we want to actively mess with? Very, very few to none.

Take a few beats for a turn or 2, drop a Courser of Kruphix or bigger and just move on. No need to waste slots on it. Do realise that choosing to run 1 card means you also choose not to run something else - try not to forget about the opportunity cost of things (most people do. And get pissed when you point it out).

In choosing to run Liliana in order to deal with things that aren't really a problem, you might give up some means to deal with something you really need to be able to deal with. @3 mana it's possibly the Vindicate that you would need to kill Jace, or the Tireless Tracker that could steal the game in the face of that 2/2 hatebear you're wrestling (just to give a few examples).
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Same question. How many small creatures are there that we want to actively mess with? Very, very few to none.
    Almost all cretures in D&T and Elves.
    A Delver that haven't be flip yet. If it flip, it becomes a 1/1.
    Young Pyromancer.
    Dark Confidant.
    All the Infect cretures.
    Vendilion Clique
    Silvergill Adept
    Noble Hierarch

Then we can make all the Burn Cretures not able to do damage.

This was a quick search.

Dec 2013

Almost all cretures in D&T and Elves.
    A Delver that haven't be flip yet. If it flip, it becomes a 1/1.
    Young Pyromancer.
    Dark Confidant.
    All the Infect cretures.
    Vendilion Clique
    Silvergill Adept
    Noble Hierarch

Then we can make all the Burn Cretures not able to do damage.

This was a quick search.
    You know what's a cheaper and far more efficient answer to those cards?

Golgari Charm. Comes online a turn earlier, doesn't care about protection/hexproof and wipes an entire board rather than kill off creatures 1 by 1.

As for Burn - starting from your third turn, you can make 1 creature unable to do damage. Sounds like an awesome plan. Abrupt Decay, a card you probably run anyway, does that exact same thing a turn earlier with a more permanent result.

Do you understand where I'm trying to get at?
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

You know what's a cheaper and far more efficient answer to those cards?

Golgari Charm. Comes online a turn earlier, doesn't care about protection/hexproof and wipes an entire board rather than kill off creatures 1 by 1.

As for Burn - starting from your third turn, you can make 1 creature unable to do damage. Sounds like an awesome plan. Abrupt Decay, a card you probably run anyway, does that exact same thing a turn earlier with a more permanent result.

Do you understand where I'm trying to get at?
    Yes, she is not the best one to kill small creture but she has other abilties as well.

She can return cretures from the graveyard and even mill a Cabal to use.

Her ultimate can end games.

Ofc she is not the ultimate answer for the same cretures but she can do more things then just that.

Dec 2013

Yes, she is not the best one to kill small creture but she has other abilties as well.

She can return cretures from the graveyard and even mill a Cabal to use.

Her ultimate can end games.

Ofc she is not the ultimate answer for the same cretures but she can do more things then just that.
    Now we're talking !
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Now we're talking !
    You just want me to say it, right? (It's a good thing, challenge me!)

Dec 2013

You just want me to say it, right? (It's a good thing, challenge me!)
    Bingo!

Playing Liliana b/c you want her to handle creatures -> Bad reason, there's plenty of better alternatives that do just that.
    Playing Liliana b/c you want her to help handle creatures, grind value and murder your opponent -> Fine reason, that's a much more difficult combination to beat. It also tells that you understand why you choose to run Liliana, which is at least just as important.

Running a card b/c it seems good -> Bad reason.
    Running a card b/c it does a and b, or fulfills a role you deem important -> Fine reason (regardless of whether others agree with it or not).
    Running a card b/c it does the exact same thing a card I already run does, but it does it for less mana/more efficiently/has more upsides at the same cost -> Fine reason.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information