Page 47 of 428 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Does anyone have a good Junk Pod list? I don't want to play blue as the blue duals are insane. I was just wondering if anyone has a list as a good starting point for Junk Pod Nic Fit ( or whatever we call it)

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by jaydprickett View Post
    Does anyone have a good Junk Pod list? I don't want to play blue as the blue duals are insane. I was just wondering if anyone has a list as a good starting point for Junk Pod Nic Fit ( or whatever we call it)
    Please scroll thru this thread. A couple of pages back i posted 3 links to Junk Pod lists. You should be able to backtrack it pretty easy since the discussion was about a month ago.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Jan 2010
    Germany

Hey everyone! I played a local Legacy event today with Abzan Stoneblade / Rhino Fit. Although it didn´t go that well (finished 3-2) I thought I´d share my list with you, since it is really fun to play and I think it has a lot of potential. So here´s what I played:

Maindeck:

4 DRS
    3 Explorer
    4 Stoneforge
    4 Siege Rhino
    1 Teeg
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    4 Sylvan Library
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Councils´s Judgment
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun´s Zenith
    1 Karakas
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    3 Forest
    2 Bayou
    2 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    3 Windswept Heath
    4 Verdant Catacombs

SB:
    4 Containment Priest
    3 Extirpate
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Zealous Persecution
    2 Toxic Deluge

The MUs I faced today were:

R1: Burg Delver Loss 1-2
    R2: Merfolk Win 2-1
    R3: Reanimator Win 2-1
    R4: Merfolk Win 2-0
    R5: Miracles Loss 0-2

The loss against Miracles came a little annoying since during testing the MU proved to be quite good. But a mulligan to 5 game 1 and probably wrong calls on Cabal Therapy game 2 didn´t put things in my favour. But oh well... happens.

Overall I am pretty happy how the deck performs. Going forward I would probably cut the Persecutions for one more Deluge and either a 2nd Teeg, a 3rd Judgment, a 3 Grip or another equipment (probably SoFaI). Mainboard I am not sure if Sage is better than Witness - both are pretty nice in the right situation...
    4 Sylvan Library is just awesome. It´s probably the card that I want to see most in my opening hand. With so much lifegain between Siege Rhino and Batterskull, Library is even better in this deck than it already is in other decks.

Let me know what you think about the list. I know it´s not your typical Nic Fit deck but rather a non-blue Stoneblade list, but I guess as long as it features the core components in Explorer+Therapy it is still the right place to post it?!

Jun 2010
    Germany

While looking for a wincon besides 4 Rhinos, what could be the best planeswalker?
    Ugin is probably too expensive, right? What about Garruk Apex Predator?
    Also, the new Sultai legend, Tasigur is pretty interesting. Too low impact for investment?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeezay View Post
    While looking for a wincon besides 4 Rhinos, what could be the best planeswalker?
    Ugin is probably too expensive, right? What about Garruk Apex Predator?
    Also, the new Sultai legend, Tasigur is pretty interesting. Too low impact for investment?
    Vraska, the Unseen was surprisingly awesome in my PFire list. You cant image the pressure it puts when you have a deathtouch planeswalker. Also just destoying permanents is really good. Her ultimate just wins, that simple. It is not a Jace, but she does for NicFit kinda like what Jace does for Miracles.
    4c Aggro Loam

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Hi Guys! Under SCGOpen Washington DC the new card from Fate: Tasigur, the Golden Fang was played in Stanard, Modern in top16 and in Legacy top20. This make me think if this card can play in Nic-Fit.

Tasigur, the Golden Fang work best in BUG Pod: We can get him with Pod and the activate cost is esiser to activate. He is a big high cost creatures that can give value, like a good Nic-Fit creature but we can cast it for 1. It doges AB and bolt to. The worst card we can get from the grave in late game is a Veteran Explorer, we can delve away him anyway.

He works well with Top: if theres nothring good on the top, throw it in the graveyard. :)

What do you guys think of Tasigur, the Golden Fang ?

Has anyone considered 4 color NicFit? Perhaps I'm just daydreaming, but how impossible would it be to combine Jund+Junk to gain the best of both worlds?

I want Punishing Fire and Gaddock Teeg in the same deck. =\

Well you could play punishing maverick. That deck is actually kinda sweet. It doesn't run any of the stuff that makes Nic Fit sweet though, i.e. cabal therapy and veteran explorer.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I think it's entirely possible to run 4C Nic Fit, but with all the Wasteland around, it might not be worth it in your traditionally good matchups.

-Matt

Hi.
    First of all I'm bored of stoneforge mystic ;)
    I have about 40% cards for BGW variant but after junkblade I'm bit afraid of get bored fast with this colors.
    For a while I was looking for quite "universal" builds which have mostly 50% with lot of decks and what I found:
    -Most topped builds are BGW (similiar to Matts) and jund colors Pfire and scapeshift.
    -you guys here prefer BGW but at mtgsalvation, tcdecks, and most "netdeckers" prefer Pfire or scapeshift
    -when searching net most tops are made by scapeshift - why? ;)

My dilemma is to go into BGW or trade cards for BGR :) The decktype which is more universal.

Mar 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The real challenge on building a 4-color nic fit is fitting the basics you need for getting value out of explorer. When building 4 color decks in legacy, people generally let go of basics. But that's not possible in a nic fit shell. With four veterans, I think that the minimum amount of basics I saw people running was 5. And with five less land slots for duals and fetches, you got yourself a headache. I've tried once to build a 4 color committed pod list, But the clunckyness surpassed the benefits. And, as sdematt pointed out, the rightfully used wasteland is capable of destroying you. I'm still pretty noob at legacy and deck building, thought, so is totally possible that you could manage that out :D.

On the other hand, I was thinking myself in trying to add a minor white splash to PF fit, just for tegg and karakas, by swapping the 2nd Badlands and either the 2nd Bayou or a fetch for Karakas and a Savannah (the base I'm using is HoneyT's last posted list). What do you guys think?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gruby View Post
    Hi.
    First of all I'm bored of stoneforge mystic ;)
    I have about 40% cards for BGW variant but after junkblade I'm bit afraid of get bored fast with this colors.
    For a while I was looking for quite "universal" builds which have mostly 50% with lot of decks and what I found:
    -Most topped builds are BGW (similiar to Matts) and jund colors Pfire and scapeshift.
    -you guys here prefer BGW but at mtgsalvation, tcdecks, and most "netdeckers" prefer Pfire or scapeshift
    -when searching net most tops are made by scapeshift - why? ;)

My dilemma is to go into BGW or trade cards for BGR :) The decktype which is more universal.
    GBR plays Punishig Fire and Liliana, while having Slaughter Games on the board which is strong vs Miracles and Show and Tell decks. GBW is currently gaining popularity due to Siege Rhino while having access to Karakas and Gaddock Teeg. Also GBW has access to more solid creatures ie Sigarda, Host of Herons. Scapewish is an oddball here. The deck plays like any NicFit deck and with Burning Wish it has anwers to a lot of situations. Also Scapeshift can just win the game out of nowhere like playing a 1 card combo in the mid/lategame. In the end it depends on what flavor you like and how you want to adapt in your meta.
    4c Aggro Loam

My meta is mostly 3-5 100%competitive decks and about 8 undeveloped decks all of are totally random ;) so I'm hardly thining about punishing version but i'm afraid of randomly emmy turn 3 :)

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gruby View Post
    My meta is mostly 3-5 100%competitive decks and about 8 undeveloped decks all of are totally random ;) so I'm hardly thining about punishing version but i'm afraid of randomly emmy turn 3 :)
    PFire also has a more then solid matchup against any! Fair.dec. Including BUG, RUG, Patriot, Shardless, JUND, Goblins, DnT, etc... While the deck has more flexible tools to fight combo it still needs a solid opening hand, a couple (at least 1) turns and a very good knowledge of the format.
    4c Aggro Loam

What are your thoughts on Dryad Militant in the SB? Good against Dredge and Storm, anything else?

I'm probably sticking with Punishing Jund for this week's tourney and I'm trying to maximize my combo hate cards. This is what I'm thinking so far:

Leyline of the Void
    Choke
    Slaughter Games
    Thoughtseize
    Surgical
    Thorn of Amethyst
    REB

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

The best cards against faster combo are going to be Thoughtseize and Surgical Extraction along with Gaddock Teeg backup. Slaughter Games will seal the deal if you can make it to turn 4.

Militant isn't really great against SnT though, which is your other major combo opponent. Militant will give you better game against Snapcaster STP decks, though.

-Matt

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    The best cards against faster combo are going to be Thoughtseize and Surgical Extraction along with Gaddock Teeg backup. Slaughter Games will seal the deal if you can make it to turn 4.

Militant isn't really great against SnT though, which is your other major combo opponent. Militant will give you better game against Snapcaster STP decks, though.

-Matt
    Militant is silly against dredge.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post

-Matt
    You can still fire of T1 Cabal Therapy and T2 Veteran Explorer and flash the Therapy. Netting you more mana to cast some other stuff and fire off Slaughter Games T3. Altough this is magical christmas it is not that unreal.
    4c Aggro Loam

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Turn 4 Slaughter Games is worst case scenario, of course. You can easily fire it off turn 2 with Tower.

As for Dredge, that's fair. Dredge isn't a deck I truly worry about playing against, which is why I did not bring it up, but you're totally correct.

-Matt

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Caleb Durward was streaming this today:

1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Bayou
    4 Forest
    9 Green Fetches
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    3 Swamp

4 Veteran Explorer