Page 63 of 428 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

well there are other bug versions that have done better in my experience

Jan 2011
    York

@jbone im surprised no one has jumped down your throat about the mainboard thoughseizes I played one for a while and when I posted the list you would have thought I defecated in someones wheeties. I'll itemize my questions since our lists are similar but still vastly different.

1. How was bskull my experience so far has always had me fetching a stick either jitte or sofi and occaisonally wanting that stick to be a feast and famine I wasnt playing. What are your thoughts on the two competeing for the same slot.

2. If you have a detailed board plan typed could you pm me im having trouble picturing your list and how you play it with so many one ofs.

3. You played ant twice that day with militant was it also a factor for you. I'm certain it's being over looked.

4. Is sneak and show that bad in your area, or is that a general meta direction prediction. You seemed extra prepared and It paid off. I'm mostly looking at humility and ashen rider, ultimately how was humility.

5. Sideboard screams a single e tutor, have you explored it, maybe over an equip slot.

Hi.
    I'm searching for punishing fire version a walker making tokens who are your types? I don't like those garruks in this deck so I'm thinking about Freyalise or Xenagos. Other walkers are 2 Lillys of the veil.
    What are your thoughts?

Jun 2008
    Toronto, Canada

I never even knew Freyalise existed. Garruk > Xenagos I think. Freyalise could be cool, because of the disenchant, but do you really need all that mana?

Garruk relentless looks cool but i often have problems with flipping then he gets abrupt

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gruby View Post
    Garruk relentless looks cool but i often have problems with flipping then he gets abrupt
    In that case hes a 2 for 1. Killing a creature and pulling away a decay at the cost of one card. On the other hand, would making a token be sufficient or do you HAVE to kill the creature.
    Vraska the Unseen is pretty cool to. Takes care of stuff that is out of reach for Deed/decay and it is often a deathouch planeswalker. Also her ultimate is a timebomb.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Vraska is likely fine, but Garruk also tutors for stuff like Thrun and Sigarda, and overrun isn't nothing.

-Matt

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by uncletiggy View Post
    @jbone im surprised no one has jumped down your throat about the mainboard thoughseizes I played one for a while and when I posted the list you would have thought I defecated in someones wheeties. I'll itemize my questions since our lists are similar but still vastly different.

1. How was bskull my experience so far has always had me fetching a stick either jitte or sofi and occaisonally wanting that stick to be a feast and famine I wasnt playing. What are your thoughts on the two competeing for the same slot.

2. If you have a detailed board plan typed could you pm me im having trouble picturing your list and how you play it with so many one ofs.

3. You played ant twice that day with militant was it also a factor for you. I'm certain it's being over looked.

4. Is sneak and show that bad in your area, or is that a general meta direction prediction. You seemed extra prepared and It paid off. I'm mostly looking at humility and ashen rider, ultimately how was humility.

5. Sideboard screams a single e tutor, have you explored it, maybe over an equip slot.
    1. Batterskull on Rhino is usually game over. I had my rug opponent block with a TNN and 2 loose mongeese to kill a rhino, while I had another on the board. Sometimes a Batterskull on SFM is enough as well.

3. Never actually drew and gsz for the miltant. I did side it in both game, however. It is also pretty good vs Dredge (which I should beat most of the time anyways)

4. Humility is there for the big monster decks but also for elves and even infect (I did side it against them). Priest does a pretty good job of shutting down the cheat decks.

5. I have used a E-tutor before in the main (when I cut the SFM for a time). It was underwhelming. I was trying cornered market for 12-post/mud (even elves). Never came up. I'm going to try a couple of runed halos instead of the cornered market and miltant.

I know there's been some talk about Sylvan Safekeeper. For those of you who've played it, when do you find yourself playing it with GSZ? Does it synergize well with non-Titania creatures? Considering what little mass removal there is in Legacy, I feel like Safekeeper has the potential to take games if left unchecked. Especially when my CMC tops out at 5, I'm more willing to throw away lands to save smaller guys.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I've been liking it over Thragtusk. There are times when you GSZ for 1 when the board is open, say, you have Rhino. Your opponent ALWAYS figures you're going for another Veteran. So, they never STP anything in response. I've tanked through more than a few games where Rhino is your horse and you want to ride it to Victory. Sure, there are times you could have just gotten another Rhino, but un-removeable Rhino can be pretty good.

-Matt

Oh man! I tottaly forgot about Vraska :) I'll have to try her out!
    Whats your thoughts about sarkhan vol/sarkhan the mad? Can sarkhan vol steal Emmy? Sarkhan the mad "0" looks cool with sensei's top and he is additional sac outlet.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Oh man! I tottaly forgot about Vraska :) I'll have to try her out!
    Whats your thoughts about sarkhan vol/sarkhan the mad? Can sarkhan vol steal Emmy? Sarkhan the mad "0" looks cool with sensei's top and he is additional sac outlet.
    Vraska is ninja.
    Sarkhan the Mad can be good and can be really not what youd want to be doing. His 0 ability conflicts with Courser of Kruphix and his ultimate and -2 ability also do not seem to work together. If always felt him to much offbeat.
    Never tried Sarkhan Vol, but i think Liliana already fixes what might make his -2 ability good. His +1 might ve relevant sometimes, but mostly it is not. Although his ultimate is juice, Vraska is the better in that regard.
    I have also tried Domri Rade. And with Top and Courser out this is really awesome, but casting Domri Rade feels like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Cornered Market

I didn't even know this existed! What matchups does it come in against?

I have been playing Garruk Relentless in the sideboard for decks like Miracles, or anything else where it looks reasonable and I have been loving it. Its primary job for me has been to shit out tokens and it is pretty good at that. I have played it some against Junk, Deadguy and Shardless BUG and I have been very satisfied when it has eaten a creature and died to abrupt decay, it means 1 less decay for my scavenging ooze, Liliana, or if you have to end up tapping out for deed.

Dec 2014
    Valpovo, Croatia

I'm going to play in a small local tournament in few weeks. I wanna try sdematt's version of Rhino Two Towers. Metagame is an Reanimator, Jund, Shardless BUG, Oops! All Spells, Maverick, ANT, Death without Taxes, etc. I could use a little help with sideboard. I was thinking something like:

3-4x Leyline of the Void
    1-2x Massacre
    1x Perish
    1x 4th Deed
    2x Ethersworn Cannonist
    1x Relic of Progenitus
    2x Enlightened Tutor
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Leyline of Sanctity

Do I need some changes?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

To combat Maverick and DnT, Id suggest a couple of Deluge and a Golgari Charm.

shardless and Jund are generally good matchups. From Jund, worry sbout Fires. Play a Cranial extraction.

For combo, youll need hand disruption and Teegs. Dryad militant is an excellent card too. For reanimator, you can run surgicals or extirpates very easily. You also have scooze and drs main.

Your meta looks devoid of Miracles and Delver, so you need to slant your board away from Grips and Carpets. Try:

2 gaddock teeg
    2 surgical
    1 extirpate
    2 toxic deluge
    1 golgari charm
    1 dryad militant
    2 thoughtseize
    3 hymn to tourach
    1 cranial extraction

I might start trying Hymn as supplemental hand disruption if I know I wont face Miracles/Stoneblade and I have extra slots from Carpet's absence.

Aug 2012
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Cornered Market

I didn't even know this existed! What matchups does it come in against?
    It was a hedge against MUD/12post...maybe even elves. Other then Wave of Vitriol or plain ol Armageddon, the big ramp decks are a pain.

Dec 2014
    Valpovo, Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    To combat Maverick and DnT, Id suggest a couple of Deluge and a Golgari Charm.

shardless and Jund are generally good matchups. From Jund, worry sbout Fires. Play a Cranial extraction.

For combo, youll need hand disruption and Teegs. Dryad militant is an excellent card too. For reanimator, you can run surgicals or extirpates very easily. You also have scooze and drs main.

Your meta looks devoid of Miracles and Delver, so you need to slant your board away from Grips and Carpets. Try:

2 gaddock teeg
    2 surgical
    1 extirpate
    2 toxic deluge
    1 golgari charm
    1 dryad militant
    2 thoughtseize
    3 hymn to tourach
    1 cranial extraction

I might start trying Hymn as supplemental hand disruption if I know I wont face Miracles/Stoneblade and I have extra slots from Carpet's absence.
    Since I don't have Cranial, should Memoricide do th same job? :D
    And, what hands are best to keep? I was testing on C-trice and it was doing really good, but some starting hands were quite weird. And I've leard that, if I play first, Cabal is always naming Brainstorm. Haha! :D

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid__Android View Post
    Since I don't have Cranial, should Memoricide do th same job? :D
    And, what hands are best to keep? I was testing on C-trice and it was doing really good, but some starting hands were quite weird. And I've leard that, if I play first, Cabal is always naming Brainstorm. Haha! :D
    Well, statistically, if 70% of decks are playing 4 of it, it's the best chance in the dark. I'd name it only if you had NO idea what to name, but generally, you want to name what your hand might die to. I'd be more likely to call it if my opponent mulligans since people generally keep mulls with Brainstorm to help fix. Punishing that makes it much, much worse.

Memoricide will do the job, I guess.

-Matt

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

There was that old school Feldman Dredge primer that said it best. With Cabal Therapy, name whatever card you're most afraid of. If they don't have it, then you've done your job.

Suddenly remembering my blind Therapies for:
    - 2x Force of Will
    - 2x Stifle

A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Thread Information