Page 77 of 428 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Feels fucking good to get dirted by the ol' double Leyline of Sanctity into Boseiju protected SnT into Omni into Emrakul, which obviously beats my REB+Grip hand. Cool story, bro.
    I'm so sick of that deck. I never thought I'd wish for the days of regular old sneak and show but that's where I'm at now.

@tiggy, most of the omni players that aren't totally stupid are playing around those game 2 and 3 by making sure to keep cunning wish into trickbind or something else like that ready. Iona, 3-sphere, or canonist + redblast are the only permanents that I've had any success with so far.

Jul 2011
    Germany

@Ralf:

Nice Demigod Brew (and also all the other blue-Fit ideas), i testet the list a little bit and my first changes are:

-1 Demigod
    +1 Diabolic Intent
    (As you mentioned, 4 Gods tends to be "clunky"

-1 Taiga
    +1 Urborg
    (Switch to "more" Black, because you included 8! Fetches to find any "Green")

Sideboard feels ok, but i am unsure about Toxic Deluge. If i wan't more Hate against "Tribal" i would run 1 Darkblast (enables also Demigod Action, because without Punishing Fire, bringing in Rest in Peace against this Decks seems not so good). With Bolts and Darkblast, you have enough "Speed" to answer DnT, Elfes etc. before you can land Deed (or they lock you out with Revoker+Mother). Thanks to the Command, your brew can return dredge-Creatures if needed.

Red Blasts: supremePINEAPPLE might be right, some "Blasts" aren't enough to fight Omnitell. The real deal is Slaughter Games (which struggles against Leyline).

So maybe a "trick" with 1x Savannah/Scrubland and 2-3x Ethersworn Canonist can help (also much better against Storm/Elves) and i am sure, no one expect such a tech here. Without Leyline a Canonist can also help to gain one more turn to find/cast Slaughter Games, untap for "KGrip" or Attack for the Win (all "uncounterable" ways).

Sure a Blast will work against Jace, but with Hast-Demigod, direct Damage Spells and Slaughter Games, the supreme Walker seems manageable.

@BUG-Fit

I brewed with an older list and i am unsure, if the current meta with Miracles+Omnitell (and a lot of Red Blast) is good enough for such an uncommon "control deck". Archmage (and maybe also Clique) seems good enough, if you want to fight both decks. Access to Maindeck Force of Will alone isn't enough to gain advantage here.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    @Ralf:

Nice Demigod Brew (and also all the other blue-Fit ideas), i testet the list a little bit and my first changes are:

-1 Demigod
    +1 Diabolic Intent
    (As you mentioned, 4 Gods tends to be "clunky"

-1 Taiga
    +1 Urborg
    (Switch to "more" Black, because you included 8! Fetches to find any "Green")

Sideboard feels ok, but i am unsure about Toxic Deluge. If i wan't more Hate against "Tribal" i would run 1 Darkblast (enables also Demigod Action, because without Punishing Fire, bringing in Rest in Peace against this Decks seems not so good). With Bolts and Darkblast, you have enough "Speed" to answer DnT, Elfes etc. before you can land Deed (or they lock you out with Revoker+Mother). Thanks to the Command, your brew can return dredge-Creatures if needed.

Red Blasts: supremePINEAPPLE might be right, some "Blasts" aren't enough to fight Omnitell. The real deal is Slaughter Games (which struggles against Leyline).

So maybe a "trick" with 1x Savannah/Scrubland and 2-3x Ethersworn Canonist can help (also much better against Storm/Elves) and i am sure, no one expect such a tech here. Without Leyline a Canonist can also help to gain one more turn to find/cast Slaughter Games, untap for "KGrip" or Attack for the Win (all "uncounterable" ways).

Sure a Blast will work against Jace, but with Hast-Demigod, direct Damage Spells and Slaughter Games, the supreme Walker seems manageable.

@BUG-Fit

I brewed with an older list and i am unsure, if the current meta with Miracles+Omnitell (and a lot of Red Blast) is good enough for such an uncommon "control deck". Archmage (and maybe also Clique) seems good enough, if you want to fight both decks. Access to Maindeck Force of Will alone isn't enough to gain advantage here.
    Nice idea about the lone darkblast.

1) I don't buy into the Urborg yet. 15 green sources is really where you want to be. I know 14 green sources might be enough but my experience with Nic Fit is that you don't keep a hand without a green sources in it. Like NEVER. The amount of games, I tried that line of play and got punished for that is real.

So I prefer hedging against not having an earlier Demigod than a few % of more mulligans.
    Furthermore, I do think keeping a good 14 red sources between main and side is the best to power out some T1 bolt or blast.

2) I could be proven wrong here but Diabolic Intent is not where you want to be. The threat density of this deck does not allow such a tech.
    I can see why one can see it fitting pretty nicely in that kind of deck (demigod wise) but you will end up more often than not with "no sacrificiable" target for your tutor.
    7 mana to chain demigod in the same turn is a lot even for Nic Fit. For fun, I would almost rather play an infernal tutor instead...

This doesnt mean the idea must be thrown in the bin. The build would have to be revamped quite a bit (more creatures with values on ETB or LTB triggers).
    If one wants to jump in, I think a wall of blossoms, a 4 vet/1 DRS split and another value cheap creature would be enough to power out a 2 diabolic intent build.

-1 Sensei
    -1 Demigod
    -2 Deed
    -2 DRS
    +1 Vet
    +1 Recurring Nightmare
    +1 Wall of Blossoms
    +2 Diabolic Intent
    +1 Kitchen Finks/Strangleroot geist/Murderous Redcap

The need for GSZ n°4 would have to be assessed in such a build. I could see dropping another sensei.

Anyway, here are my latest changes and the reason why:

-1 Demigod
    +1 GSZ

I don't know yet what kind of creature could take the 4th Demigod's slot. But GSZ does not seem wrong anyway.

-1 Pernicious Deed
    +1 Golgari charm

The list is already very high on 3 drops. The inclusion of 4 bolt and 2 kolaghan charms are enough, IMHO, to replace a deed in the "control the board" department. Golgari charm on the other hand can be a cheap x for 1 (even more since token strategies seem to make a comeback), can deal with some pesky enchantments (library, CB, omni etc...) and its last effect could also be juicy.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

It's a shame Demigod doesn't cost 6 mana. Fierce Empath is rather good friends with both Diabolic Intent and Cabal Therapy and GSZ'ing for a tutor is always nice. Heck, I use it to GSZ for Tasigur, lol. Just feed it to a Cabal Therapy to clear the coast for Tasigur and when the coast is clear drop the Tasidude.

Mar 2013
    Mead Hall Games, Minneapolis

@Omni-Tell - For what it is worth I am 4-0 in my last 4 matches against Omni. The list I have been running is at a bit of a disadvantage game 1 for sure being that we have deed and decay main. Discard into Lili is probably the best option. Land jace and turbo fate seal. Game 1 no real point in bstorming because all we are drawing to are therapy and force. After board we get surgical, TS, negate, and notion thief possibly dispel. Losing deed and decay and tusk is great. Either go on Jace fate seal if you hit it or early tasigur is fine too. We have discard, counters and cards that once resolved require them to have certain cards to win. Things like Lily and Notion (or glen elendra) require a specific set of cards to beat. Its also tough for them board against us because do they bring in leyline to fight the 6 discard/fate seal plan? Do they bring in defense grid for the counters? Obviously BUG has an advantage here with multiple ways of attacking them but Red gets blast and white has hate bears whatever form you like.

@Miracles- I think miracles is poor for Bug pre board but I am more than happy to play against them post board. We get to upgrade from the vet plan and just bring in more power cards like notion, thrun, some more counters and its fine. CB doesnt lock us out, we have answers to jace in snap and tar pit, we can answer entreat by countering or deed or pulse. Both of my last 2 matches in tourneys I have lost game 1 and then won the next 2. Time used in game 1 can also be a thing. Winning doesnt take as long as people think with this deck but there for sure is a fair amount of time needed for set up so losing a 30 min game would be really bad.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Mediocre showing last night with Junk Nic Fit. 2-2.

Shardless BUG: 1-2. Mull to 4 game 1. Punted game 3 in extra turns to get the loss instead of the draw when I Abrupt Decayed Lilliana instead of DRS.

Infect: 2-0. Double Siege Rhino + Sigarda is good.

Cloudform/Dreadnaught/Foundry/CB homebrew: 2-0. Triple Siege Rhino + Sigarda is good.

Omnitell: 0-2. Apparently siding in 13 cards isn't enough, and his transformative sideboard with Young Pyro crushes me.

On the bright side, I'm getting better with blind Cabal Therapy, getting 2-for-1, 3-for-1 value is great.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

The last time Omnitell was a thing, I was running a sideboard Reverent Silence to deal with effectively / swiftly with white Leylines. This does not necessarily help non-scape versions, obviously. Even then, it was far from a cure-all -- if they have Force for either the wish or the silence itself, you were in a bad way -- but, if their hand is leyline(s) + force + blue + 1-2 land, they probably don't have any business so you could potentially hit a Zenith for your Witness.

Omni is definitely a very cancerous deck, though -- far more offensive than Sneak & Show for sure. Sneak is obnoxious to play against, but I don't think it's as actively malignant towards the overall metagame as Omni is.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

I need more testing against Omnitell. As others on this thread have said, it's certainly beatable, and I won't snap-conclude that we should stop playing Nic Fit because of it. Note to self: don't mulligan to 4 so much next time. Maybe next time I'll maindeck REBs

Honestly, I've been playing 3 decks fairly regularly (Storm, Death & Taxes, Nic Fit) and I must say Nic Fit is my favorite. It just feels good to win with this deck in Legacy.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Sliver View Post
    I need more testing against Omnitell. As others on this thread have said, it's certainly beatable, and I won't snap-conclude that we should stop playing Nic Fit because of it. Note to self: don't mulligan to 4 so much next time. Maybe next time I'll maindeck REBs

Honestly, I've been playing 3 decks fairly regularly (Storm, Death & Taxes, Nic Fit) and I must say Nic Fit is my favorite. It just feels good to win with this deck in Legacy.
    I think I need to make you a Chuck Mangione Thragtusk token....feels so good.

-Matt

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    3 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    2 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    1 Kessig Wolf Run

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Eternal Witness
    1 Huntmaster of the Fells
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thrun, the Last Troll
    1 Broodmate Dragon

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Punishing Fire
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

This is the list I'm currently thinking of running. Not sure if I want to trim a Witness for the 2nd Thrun to go with the Kessig and just go that route. Not sure of the sideboard yet. Comments and insight would be welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Anarky87 View Post
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    3 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    2 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    1 Kessig Wolf Run

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    2 Eternal Witness
    1 Huntmaster of the Fells
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thrun, the Last Troll
    1 Broodmate Dragon

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Punishing Fire
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

This is the list I'm currently thinking of running. Not sure if I want to trim a Witness for the 2nd Thrun to go with the Kessig and just go that route. Not sure of the sideboard yet. Comments and insight would be welcome.
    Both a second Witness and a second Thrun are not required. Also 23 lands is not needed. Most lists operate on 22 lands with a total of 61 cards. Your list counted 60. Also a 4th SDT can be discussed. That sum leaves you room for 3 or 4 additional cards added to some flexibility. Now i am not gonna push cards you have to play, but it really depends on what your going to expect to play against. I would suggest a combination of the following cards depending on your meta:
    Kolaghan's Command
    Courser of Kruphix
    Slaughter Games
    Red Elemental Blast
    Garruk Relentless
    Vraska the Unseen
    Diabolic Edict
    Thoughtseize
    Huntmaster of the Fells #2
    Volrath's Stronghold cutting a basic or Taiga
    Or a 3/4 split between Veteran Explorer and Deathrite Shaman
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Viva la pimienta!
    Feb 2005
    Danville, IL

I don't really have an expected meta. The one shop I go to a couple times a month changes from tournament to tournament, so I'm just trying to pick a somewhat generalized build.

I kind of want to add a Grave Titan, although I can't search for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    What does that mean? Huh? "China is here." I don't even know what the hell that means. All I know is that this Lo Pan character comes out of thin air in the middle of a goddamn alley while his buddies are flying around on wires cutting everybody to shreds, and he just STANDS there! Waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    The last time Omnitell was a thing, I was running a sideboard Reverent Silence to deal with effectively / swiftly with white Leylines. This does not necessarily help non-scape versions, obviously. Even then, it was far from a cure-all -- if they have Force for either the wish or the silence itself, you were in a bad way -- but, if their hand is leyline(s) + force + blue + 1-2 land, they probably don't have any business so you could potentially hit a Zenith for your Witness.

Omni is definitely a very cancerous deck, though -- far more offensive than Sneak & Show for sure. Sneak is obnoxious to play against, but I don't think it's as actively malignant towards the overall metagame as Omni is.
    Last time Omni was a thing? Where do you live, I want to move there. Omnitell is omnipresent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom4ik View Post
    Here is the 75 that I went 5-0-2 with at the 80 man on sunday. I have stayed with the main deck for a few weeks now but the SB gets changed up.

2 island
    2 swamp
    2 forest
    2 bayou
    2 underground sea
    2 creeping tarpit
    1 tropical island
    2 misty rainforest
    3 polluted delta
    3 verdant catacombs

4 veteran explorer
    2 snapcaster mage
    2 baleful strix
    2 tasigur, the golden fang
    2 thragtusk

4 cabal therapy
    4 brainstrom
    4 force of will
    2 dig through time
    2 ponder
    3 abrupt decay
    3 pernicious deed
    3 jace, the mind sculptor
    2 liliana, of the veil

SB
    3 thoughtsieze
    2 surgical extraction
    2 negate
    1 dispel
    1 abrupt decay
    1 toxic deluge
    1 scavenging ooze
    1 thrun, the last troll
    1 maelstrom pulse
    2 notion thief

Played against Bant blade, bug delver, goblins, rug delver, mentor miracles (terminus no entreat). Drew my next 2 rounds and then was knocked out of top 8 by post mud.

I know Ralfs deck plays out fairly differently but I have been finding Dig to be amazing. Being able to dig for jace plus deed or some other double bomb pull is too good and even if you don't run it main 1 in the side to turn cunning wishes into actual CA seems good. I tested a 4 wish package but kind of felt that the 3 mana tacked onto answers made it a little slow and that there were times I would want to wish for just some gas but didnt have anything. This was before dig so I actually tried out Fact for a bit. Never ran it in a tourny though. I ended up moving more to a bug control style with vet and therapy to cheat on land count.

I boarded force out a lot. Came out in my first 4 match ups. I still like running it main as the deck is all 2 for 1's that can help get the CA back and protecting Tasigur and Jace is also fine. Makes the combo match-ups a little better pre board. Post board I feel fairly fine against most combo with discard, counters and "lock" pieces in surgical and notion thief.
    This is really close to the deck I was working on in the fall. Good to see someone having success with it. How do you feel about only two baleful strix? I find its one of the best cards in the deck. I also wasn't running lili, but perhaps I should.

I think it's possible to have a lot of success with a deck like this since it's essentially a BUG goodstuff deck. If you can hit with therapy and can play control, you can definitely spike a tournament with it, even if some of the 75 are a bit off.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Last time Omni was a thing? Where do you live, I want to move there. Omnitell is omnipresent.
    Heh. I'm in Central PA, so (when I'm active) I tend to range from Tales of Adventure in Allentown, PA up to Mythic Games in Elmira, NY and small local stuff in between -- then major stuff as it comes up (SCGs, legacy GPs, eternal weekend / eternal extravaganza, etc). Note that I've been inactive for about six months now, but when I left off, I hadn't actually played against omnitell in probably close to a year. I'd see it around every once in a while, but it wasn't common by any stretch. I'm sure if I went to an event now, though, I'd see it in fair quantities since it sounds like the meta has shifted back its way.

Also keep in mind that in my neck of the woods, there's a LOT more storm than there is probably anywhere else in the states due to the presence of Bryant Cook. From what I've heard the California meta might come close, but I think Cali is more general purpose combo than specifically storm.

May 2015
    Minneapolis, MN

What is a better sideboard card against blue decks... Carpet of Flowers or Choke?

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by tilzinger View Post
    What is a better sideboard card against blue decks... Carpet of Flowers or Choke?
    Well Choke functions different then Carpet of Flowers (obvisously). Overall Carpet of Flowers is chosen to have an alternate option to ramp against blue based decks that can operate better then us when we fire of Veteran Explorer. Examples are Miracles, ANT, Sneak/Show, Reanimator, etc. Because those decks run basics those decks are often less "weak" to choke. Also decks running Deathrite Shaman are less weak to Choke. Now while Choke is stronger against decks running only duals like RUG- or JeskaiDelver, Veteran Explorer is stronger then Carpet of Flowers to a lot of times. That being said, Carpet and partially Choke replace Veteran Explorers. But that wouldn't be the best idea. This is because Carpet keeps the strength of the deck (ramping) while cutting down its biggest weakness (accelerating your opponent). So running 3 is a minimum. That would make a 3/2 split in the board. 5 cards just to hold down blue decks (a little). Now Choke is a softlock, playing around it is easy. Sometimes it completely locks down an opponent for an x number of turns, but... still cards like Daze or FoW can function. Also cards like Bayou or so against BUG. So depending on the build you run you must be able to kill your opponent before his lock faints away. PFire builds are slow by nature. Also to fully enable the softlock Choke provides i feel that you need stuff to fully exploit that like Wasteland or Chalice of the Void or other taxing effects. NicFit doesnt utilize this kind of effects. So basicly i wouldnt bother with Choke. Carpet of Flowers keeps your own strength in check while Choke adds little to zero to that effect. A well timed Choke can be fatal, but Carpet of Flowers is a more important card often opting for a slot or two in the same spot. Other (more flexible or very specific) cards are also worth more then going for a 3/2 split.

Edit: carpet of flowers is the most obvious choice in most meta's, combo heavy or varied. When your flooded with tempo, Choke might be a good choice, but that means cutting down a nr of Carpets.
    4c Aggro Loam

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

You also need a compelling reason to be running Choke over Tsunami.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

(while watching SCG live) And that's why i am starting to believe in Path to Exile over Swords to Plowshares @grindy games vs Marit Lage.
    4c Aggro Loam

Hola a todos ^^
    Next sunday i've a 40p tournament, the week later a big event (probably 200p). In these days i'm testing my Pod Fit GWB(u), i've made only one tournament this february (top8, losing by Shardless Agent because of my mistakes and a series of bad topdeck (like land-land-pod-pod)... happening when you don't play brainstorm).

I'm having good confirmations on cockatrice (of course, it's cockatrice): This deck has bombs, flexibility (pod), a good MU vs tiers (omnitell, the most worrisome, is barely even in my test). My current list is:
    http://deckstats.net/deck-6785520-ae...9c0dd973e.html

Deck: Junk Pod

//Lands
    3 Bayou
    2 Forest
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Plains
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    1 Tropical Island
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

//Spells
    1 Batterskull
    4 Birthing Pod
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 In the Eye of Chaos
    2 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

//Creatures
    1 Academy Rector
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Hallowed Spiritkeeper
    1 Kitchen Finks
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Restoration Angel
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Siege Rhino
    1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Voice of Resurgence

//Sideboard
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Orzhov Pontiff
    1 Meddling Mage
    2 Duress

Display deck statistics

I'm loving academy rector and the blue splash provides a bomb against combo/control (in the eye of chaos vs dig above Zur's Weirding, better vs Miracle but worse against stoneblade and omnitell).

Things i'm not sure about:

cc5 drop: Thragtusk, Titania, Reveillark? I've batterskull (and finks, ooze, drs) for the lifegain part, so i'm preferring Titania right now: dunno, probably there could be a better top-of-the-curve card

Spiritkeeper sometimes is God, sometimes (early game) isn't too exciting. I've tried Ophiomancer in this slot but i think Spiritkeeper is better

Sideboard

Thx to everybody ^^

Thread Information