Page 232 of 428 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I like to run Qasali Pridemage over Reclamation Sage for those MUs. Without Meren the Sage is better (as it leaves a body on the field after blowing something up). With Meren, you can immediately start looping Pridemage without needing an outlet.
    I really like that idea. I'm going to test it. Giving exalted to a Siege Rhino or Sigarda also seems like it could occasionally be very useful. Siege Rhino being able to attack as a 5/6 is also pretty amazing against a Gurmag Angler, or a slightly smaller Goyf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    Great report and splendid finish! I like how organized and entertaining it was, as well as very descriptive.

I truly hate the miracles matchup. I feel like im losing large chunks of my life and when the miracle player has it all, I just want to walk away and go to sleep.

Shardless hasn't been too bad for me. Usually a deed sweeps up all their cute critters and then you win with rhinos and such.

I am sad you didn't try new sorin, he seems like the pw we've wanted for a while now.
    Thanks! I'm glad that you liked the report :-)

I find that deed is quite good against Shardless, but the matchup takes lots of mental bandwidth, and smart Shardless players will needle it. I think that Garruk not being decayable when flipped helps a ton with the Shardless matchup, as he's very difficult for them to address now.

I'd like to try the new Sorin, but I'm usually pretty conservative about my card choices at larger events, and I don't like to play anything that I haven't previously tested. Even my experimental slots were cards that I'd been fiddling with for a bit.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I think the new Sorin warrant testing in this deck, as it can kill an angler and survive to tell about it, then he can win against most locks with just his +1 (bridge, confinement as it doesn't target, leylines etc...) . It can also instakill any other planeswalker which is a pretty big deal.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by madlameguy View Post
    I really like that idea. I'm going to test it. Giving exalted to a Siege Rhino or Sigarda also seems like it could occasionally be very useful. Siege Rhino being able to attack as a 5/6 is also pretty amazing against a Gurmag Angler, or a slightly smaller Goyf.
    Qasali is definitely better than Rec 99.7% of the time, but I don't even run Qasali in the main anymore. Up to you, though.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Note there's also 31 fucking people reading this thread right now. That's not chump change, folks.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Note there's also 31 fucking people reading this thread right now. That's not chump change, folks.
    The more, the merrier, right ?

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Damn Daniel! I am always about more exposure, I suggest the source whenever people take an interest in nic fit. I do however hate having to be nice and not a keyboard warrior on mtgo so people feel welcome to the archetype. I MAKE SACRIFICES FOR NIC FIT, DAMN IT.

Seriously, Sorin GN is what we need. he makes rhinos do 7 dmg if you see them off his +1 which is, im no mathmetician, about 1 third of your starting life total. Draw cards is also pretty sweet.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    Damn Daniel! I am always about more exposure, I suggest the source whenever people take an interest in nic fit. I do however hate having to be nice and not a keyboard warrior on mtgo so people feel welcome to the archetype. I MAKE SACRIFICES FOR NIC FIT, DAMN IT.

Seriously, Sorin GN is what we need. he makes rhinos do 7 dmg if you see them off his +1 which is, im no mathmetician, about 1 third of your starting life total. Draw cards is also pretty sweet.
    Does this mean that our high priest has returneth to us?

I'm running Sorin this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

@matt: I run QPM mostly b/c I'm forfeiting AD. Pernicious Deed + GSZ + QPM = 8 MD outs to Counterbalance/assorted non-creature lockpieces. 10 if you count the 2 Diabolic Intent in my MD.

Back again after printing out the 6th place list and playing my first few rounds. I had no idea how insane it feels to therapy->therapy->Siege Rhino on T3. Good lord.

I was wondering, and this might be earlier in the thread and I'll be putting my foot in my mouth, if you guys have a list of Nic Fit on coverage that I can gorge myself on? Maybe your favorite matches that have been featured, if one sticks out in your mind?

Whelp, I'm an idiot. Didn't scroll down far enough on the frontpage.
    Last edited by zbrt; 04-12-2016 at 03:32 PM.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by zbrt View Post
    I had no idea how insane it feels to therapy->therapy->Siege Rhino on T3. Good lord.
    Welcome to the dark side. Or should I say Hotel California? Even our high priest Ricardio did not manage to leave the church of our lord and savior Siege Rhino when he tried to. Once you enter, you can never leave.

One of us, one of us!

In the name of the holy Siege Rhino, I salute you.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Finally, I want to comment on a card that gets regular attention (even though it is pretty stock in this kind of list): Path to Exile. We play Path over Swords based on the presumption that Veteran Explorer will get most of the basic lands out of our opponents decks, which removes the drawback of running path. There are some other reasons, as well. There are many instances where giving your opponent a few life can actually make the difference of a turn or two, and we often lose in those turns. Games are often close, and path simply has a smaller drawback than swords in that regard. Path is also significantly better against Lands, which can be a hard matchup. Delaying Marit Lage for a turn or two can give us time to close out the game, but giving the opponent twenty life with Swords is an absolute disaster.
    This is what sdematt and I have reasoned long ago. I'm glad to see others coming to the same conclusion. PTE provides little to no drawback against the decks NicFit is concerned about.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Feeling better, Kev? I heard you were sick. Facebook told me.
    Trying. Had the flu for a week, started getting over that. Went to urgent care for antibiotic eye drops because SOMEHOW I managed to get pink eye, which nobody can figure out how that happened, in the course of so doing, discovered that I was developing a secondary bacterial sinus infection in the wake of the flu.

I feel pretty alright during the day now, at least -- bedtime is a fucking disaster, though. I've been laying in bed coughing for hours before finally drifting off for the last couple nights.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Does this mean that our high priest has returneth to us?

I'm running Sorin this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

@matt: I run QPM mostly b/c I'm forfeiting AD. Pernicious Deed + GSZ + QPM = 8 MD outs to Counterbalance/assorted non-creature lockpieces. 10 if you count the 2 Diabolic Intent in my MD.
    Welcome to the dark side. Or should I say Hotel California? Even our high priest Ricardio did not manage to leave the church of our lord and savior Siege Rhino when he tried to. Once you enter, you can never leave.

One of us, one of us!

In the name of the holy Siege Rhino, I salute you.
    Haha, thanks for the sentiments, Echelon. I just get super tilted against Miracles and it puts me in a depressed mood. I will have to rework my 75 post SOI and go from there. in the meantime, GB 8 post has been great and I am excited for leagues to restart.

PSA: ECHELON IS A MAD MAN. NO DECAY, BALLS TOO BIG FOR HIS SHORTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Trying. Had the flu for a week, started getting over that. Went to urgent care for antibiotic eye drops because SOMEHOW I managed to get pink eye, which nobody can figure out how that happened, in the course of so doing, discovered that I was developing a secondary bacterial sinus infection in the wake of the flu.

I feel pretty alright during the day now, at least -- bedtime is a fucking disaster, though. I've been laying in bed coughing for hours before finally drifting off for the last couple nights.
    No ones suggesting you free base your medicine but...it is faster.

Like Koby said, PTE is just better. Giving them a basic is often times not a much of a drawback. Swords buys time and rhino aint got time for your shit. Hes got stampedin' to do.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    This is what sdematt and I have reasoned long ago. I'm glad to see others coming to the same conclusion. PTE provides little to no drawback against the decks NicFit is concerned about.
    Literally over a year ago, yeah. Team Hebrew, assemble!

My list can only afford one colorless land (unless I cut Dryad Arbor), how do people feel about Volrath's Stronghold instead of Phyrexian Tower these days? Tower is better early but Stronghold is just so good late with Rhinos. On the other hand, Tower isn't susceptible to GY hate while Stronghold is.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Tower is worth the stretch. It also helps you dodge Swords to set up Meren recursion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt9OhrbaBrM

The Tower is worth the risk.

-Matt

Literally over a year ago, yeah. Team Hebrew, assemble!
    Yeah. I certainly wasn't trying to take credit for the idea. I got it from reading this forum a year ago, myself. And, much of my development of my list came from reading here, too. But, I wrote that report for people who might be new to the deck and might want an explanation. I thought it was better to just try to preemptively answer questions people might ask.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    My list can only afford one colorless land (unless I cut Dryad Arbor), how do people feel about Volrath's Stronghold instead of Phyrexian Tower these days? Tower is better early but Stronghold is just so good late with Rhinos. On the other hand, Tower isn't susceptible to GY hate while Stronghold is.
    Are you Daredevil??!?

Seriously: Tower is just so much better at ramping us that we don't need more help late game as well as relying harder on the gy is not advised. Some people play 2 towers because they will never forget and it is the best follow up to a t1 vet.

Yeah. I certainly wasn't trying to take credit for the idea. I got it from reading this forum a year ago, myself. And, much of my development of my list came from reading here, too. But, I wrote that report for people who might be new to the deck and might want an explanation. I thought it was better to just try to preemptively answer questions people might ask.
    He was maliciously attempting to steal credit for the logical thought you guys came up with years ago. I suggest a bareknuckle jello brawl. Video it and post it here. Winning gets my respect, Losing can only play delver for the rest of his life.

FO REAL DOE: You put it logically and elegantly, can't fault you for that. Koby is good at magic (obviously) and Matt is based god.

Taobotmox

Sep 2005
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Which land is better and if you should cu Dryad Arbor really depends on your list. Please post.

Jul 2010
    Madison, WI

Because it got posted to reddit for that tournament report, I think.

Thread Information