Page 199 of 428 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    I hate dnt. That deck is awful.

I've been testing the new bg 8 post. It's wonky but entertaining. I got to draw 7 against rug delver with koz. Boners everywhere.
    Mirran C. Is the worst card. No creture in my whole deck can block it.

@Arianrhod re:Scapeshift

I think you're right with regards to what you were saying about the backup man plan being nowhere near as relevant as it previously was. I'm looking at the moment at a couple of lists - either going in on the creature plan more than currently, or dropping some of the creatures and going for a more controlling strategy along the lines of the Punishing lists.

**Beatdown/Dudes Scapeshift**

2 Mountain
    3 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Taiga
    4 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    4 Catacombs
    1 Foothills
    2 Valakut
    1 Kessig Wolf Run

4 Vet
    1 STE
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Flip Nissa
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Wood Elves
    2 Huntmaster
    1 Meren
    2 Thragtusk
    1 Primeval Titan

4 Therapy
    4 Zenith
    4 Burning Wish
    3 Top
    2 Deed
    2 Decay
    1 Scapeshift
    1 Recurring Nightmare
    1 Batterskull

SB:
    1 Scape
    1 Games
    1 I.Blood
    1 Massacre
    1 Pyroclasm
    1 Pulse
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Thragtusk
    3 Surgical
    2 Needle
    2 Decay

**Control Scapeshift**

2 Mountain
    3 Forest
    1 Swamp
    4 Taiga
    4 Badlands
    1 Blood Crypt
    2 Bayou
    4 Catacombs
    1 Foothills
    2 Valakut

4 Vet
    1 Nissa
    2 Witness
    1 Thragtusk

4 Therapy
    4 Burning Wish
    3 GSZ
    3 Top
    3 Deed
    3 Decay
    2 Truths
    2 Scapeshift
    1 Slaughter Games
    1 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Garruk Relentless
    1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
    1 Toxic Deluge

SB:
    1 Scape
    1 Games
    1 I.Blood
    1 Massacre
    1 Pulse
    3 Pyroclasm
    3 Surgical
    2 Needle
    2 Thragtusk

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    @Jain: I watched that stream battle. Games were amusing, dude's stream was HILARIOUSLY passive-aggressive and toxic. I don't think the streamer built his deck very well -- it had all the hallmarks of a bad BUG version that we've come to identify. It seemed like he was kind of put off on the archetype, which is a shame, but being as his deck was built poorly and Nic Fit takes a long time to master in general anyway, I can't say that I'm really surprised.
    Ha, thanks for putting my feelings into words. Completely agree. That said he isn't a bad player, he's the guy that's been 5-0ing with the eldrazi list, and he recently 5-0d with Aggro Loam.

If only all my matches were against streamers.. then I wouldn't lose..

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Jain_Mor View Post
    Ha, thanks for putting my feelings into words. Completely agree. That said he isn't a bad player, he's the guy that's been 5-0ing with the eldrazi list, and he recently 5-0d with Aggro Loam.

If only all my matches were against streamers.. then I wouldn't lose..
    Beating streamers is fun but winning is fun also. When people do poorly with different decks, they tend to badmouth them and toss them after losing.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post
    Mirran C. Is the worst card. No creture in my whole deck can block it.
    Spiritmonger can block the crusader.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Spiritmonger can block the crusader.
    But it does little else which makes it a liability.

Mar 2013
    Mead Hall Games, Minneapolis

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    My eyes have cancer.
    Seriously though, I can't find a strategy in this list. Everything is competing for attention. I would either build around deed + PWers or go value with a variety of big creatures and cantrips. As-is, there's so much fluff to draw cards you're putting yourself into "card X has to come out and save me".
    I guess the goal was to leverage the removal into a board that either uses Nightmare to break open or to just beat down with Thragtusks. Things like stronghold and jace bounce make a single tusk a pretty big problem.

Not sure what you mean by X card to come and save me piece. The deck produces quite a bit of mana and with bs, truth, jace, probe you see a lot of cards. I think the deck would be fairly consistent but the lack of bombs does come up. I will say I play nic fit way more on the control side of things than a lot of people so it may just be that I am letting that affect my list.

In related news I may just pick up the white duals I need. (I do not have any because white? in legacy?) and join the legion of rhino fans.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Tom4ik View Post
    I guess the goal was to leverage the removal into a board that either uses Nightmare to break open or to just beat down with Thragtusks. Things like stronghold and jace bounce make a single tusk a pretty big problem.

Not sure what you mean by X card to come and save me piece. The deck produces quite a bit of mana and with bs, truth, jace, probe you see a lot of cards. I think the deck would be fairly consistent but the lack of bombs does come up. I will say I play nic fit way more on the control side of things than a lot of people so it may just be that I am letting that affect my list.

In related news I may just pick up the white duals I need. (I do not have any because white? in legacy?) and join the legion of rhino fans.
    One of us...One of us...One of us...

Good Morrow, do you have a moment to hear about our lord and savior, Skillerhino?

Its a scrub and 2 savannah. that's like 160 doll hairs murikan.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

One of us...One of us...One of us...

Good Morrow, do you have a moment to hear about our lord and savior, Skillerhino?

Its a scrub and 2 savannah. that's like 160 doll hairs murikan.
    Savannah and scrub also opens up Aggro Loam and Maverick. I really enjoy playing the first to.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Savannah and scrub also opens up Aggro Loam and Maverick. I really enjoy playing the first to.
    Aggro loam is legit. Maverick is basically petting zoo taxes. not a fan.

I am hopeful something good comes out for nic fit in the upcoming reintroduction of innistrad.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Aggro loam is legit. Maverick is basically petting zoo taxes. not a fan.

I am hopeful something good comes out for nic fit in the upcoming reintroduction of innistrad.
    I mean, we got Sigarda, Huntmaster, and flip-Garruk last time. Not huge in terms of quantity, but very large for quality. The problem with Innistrad for us is that green tends to be centered around werewolves, which is innately a bad mechanic for legacy. Huntmaster only gets away with it because the card is superrrrrrrrrr pushed. White angels and black demons are all well and good, but until we get a better tutor than Green Sun, they only go so far.

Werewolf planeswalker could be good enough if it's pushed like Huntmaster. Here's hoping for 2-3 CMC, since the transformed side dies to Decay anyway, may as well be as efficient as possible.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

I mean, we got Sigarda, Huntmaster, and flip-Garruk last time. Not huge in terms of quantity, but very large for quality. The problem with Innistrad for us is that green tends to be centered around werewolves, which is innately a bad mechanic for legacy. Huntmaster only gets away with it because the card is superrrrrrrrrr pushed. White angels and black demons are all well and good, but until we get a better tutor than Green Sun, they only go so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    Werewolf planeswalker could be good enough if it's pushed like Huntmaster. Here's hoping for 2-3 CMC, since the transformed side dies to Decay anyway, may as well be as efficient as possible.
    yes. all of these things.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Yeah. I read through her lore bits that they released today. She actually sounds like she's GW or Naya more than GR, which could just be a flavor fail. Since her lore makes a big deal out of the fact that she can shift freely between forms, I'm expecting her to be a bit less painful to manage than Garruk Relentless. She probably has like +1: flip, do X // +1: flip, do Y, or something like that, with a couple other abilities on each side. That'd actually be pretty nice, depending on the abilities in question. It's always frustrated me that Garruk Veil-Cursed's abilities are very relevant to us as an archetype, but they're locked away behind Relentless, and he's not exactly the easiest thing in the world to flip.

She seems to be relatively G/R in attitude in the Uncharted Realms story, even if her backstory implies a more W inclination. I wouldn't be surprised if she was G/W on her human side and G/R on her werewolf side. I'd say it would be odd for her to be R flipped but castable without red mana, but they did it with Garruk Relentless so I guess there's no reason not to.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Here's hoping for 2-3 CMC, since the transformed side dies to Decay anyway, may as well be as efficient as possible.
    This card has to be in Standard, so I wouldn't hold your breath. I would be shocked if it's a good 4-mana PW.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

I have never played MTGO, but what would it cost to get into MTGO and buy NicFit?
    Unbelievable, can't even login.
    4c Aggro Loam

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    I have never played MTGO, but what would it cost to get into MTGO and buy NicFit?
    Unbelievable, can't even login.
    If you look at Ricardio's list in the link he posted you can look the total price online and on paper.
    Online it is roughly 350/400 dollars.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

I'm very, very slowly working on getting the cards to mess around with stuff on modo as well. Within a couple of months I should be able to actually play. If I work on it 50 bucks or so at a time, it doesn't feel QUITE as awful. Still pretty bad, but, oh well.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

I'm very, very slowly working on getting the cards to mess around with stuff on modo as well. Within a couple of months I should be able to actually play. If I work on it 50 bucks or so at a time, it doesn't feel QUITE as awful. Still pretty bad, but, oh well.
    They are not really motivating me to spend 400 bucks if they are on maintenance during my night off... can't even create an account..
    4c Aggro Loam

Thread Information