Page 200 of 428 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

@Bobmans, I started playing pauper first to get comfortable with it without breaking the bank. Then I played pauper leagues and realised it was worthy of my time. Then legacy was announced so I bought in, and yea about 400usd including my sideboards sideboard.

Most expensive card is verdant catacombs

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

While waiting for the maintenance: Arlinn Kord. She is Green for sure, but her lore sounds a bit dark so can even be GBx. Really exciting. I hope she's GBx and playable in Legacy by NicFit standards.

"Arlinn Kord is a tormented werewolf, originally from Avabruck, who has a gift unique among her kind: she is a Planeswalker.

Arlinn was a teenager when the howls of the Mondronen werewolf pack summoned her into the forest and she completed her First Hunt. She always fought against the change, and used Avacynian charms, prayers, and fasting to ward it off as much as possible. She even studied magic in the church, becoming an Archmage of Goldnight while successfully hiding her curse from her teachers and mentors—until the night came when she couldn't contain the change any longer and she killed several hierarchs before her spark ignited and she found herself rampaging through the woods of another plane.

To her horror, she regained her senses in the morning—but not her human form. For better or worse, the experience of retaining her human mind in wolf form gave her a new appreciation for the wild spirit that shared her body. The only way she could return to her human form was to planeswalk back to Innistrad, but now she finds that she can control the transformation, in both directions, with relative ease. And though she is still horrified by the slaughter she wrought in the church, she is embracing the power she wields in wolf form as a natural complement to her magic.

Above all else, Arlinn is desperate to ensure the survival of her kind. She has come to think of herself as part of the pack. And in a world where Avacyn either cursemuted or killed hundreds of werewolves, and where the angel's church is launching a new inquisition more terrifying than anything they've done before, Arlinn fears that if she does not act, the lycanthropes of Innistrad could meet a very real and permanent end very soon.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    While waiting for the maintenance: Arlinn Kord. She is Green for sure, but her lore sounds a bit dark so can even be GBx. Really exciting. I hope she's GBx and playable in Legacy by NicFit standards.

"Arlinn Kord is a tormented werewolf, originally from Avabruck, who has a gift unique among her kind: she is a Planeswalker.

Arlinn was a teenager when the howls of the Mondronen werewolf pack summoned her into the forest and she completed her First Hunt. She always fought against the change, and used Avacynian charms, prayers, and fasting to ward it off as much as possible. She even studied magic in the church, becoming an Archmage of Goldnight while successfully hiding her curse from her teachers and mentors—until the night came when she couldn't contain the change any longer and she killed several hierarchs before her spark ignited and she found herself rampaging through the woods of another plane.

To her horror, she regained her senses in the morning—but not her human form. For better or worse, the experience of retaining her human mind in wolf form gave her a new appreciation for the wild spirit that shared her body. The only way she could return to her human form was to planeswalk back to Innistrad, but now she finds that she can control the transformation, in both directions, with relative ease. And though she is still horrified by the slaughter she wrought in the church, she is embracing the power she wields in wolf form as a natural complement to her magic.

Above all else, Arlinn is desperate to ensure the survival of her kind. She has come to think of herself as part of the pack. And in a world where Avacyn either cursemuted or killed hundreds of werewolves, and where the angel's church is launching a new inquisition more terrifying than anything they've done before, Arlinn fears that if she does not act, the lycanthropes of Innistrad could meet a very real and permanent end very soon.
    BTW if you need help or you have questions about MODO ask me (or Ricardio I'm sure) and we will try to help.
    You still have to drop that 400 tho!

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    BTW if you need help or you have questions about MODO ask me (or Ricardio I'm sure) and we will try to help.
    Thnx, much appreciated.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Yes please! I really hope that werewolf planeswalker is playable in nic fit! From her backstory, I think she is likely to be gw (maybe naya, if they want to do more 3-color walkers now). I love werewolves and being able to play them with rhinos is one deck? That'd be a dream come true

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    Thnx, much appreciated.
    WOAH! Volunteering me to help people? slow your roll there chief.

If you need anything, im here for you, man, bob.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Aug 2014
    Central New York

I have never played MTGO, but what would it cost to get into MTGO and buy NicFit?
    Unbelievable, can't even login.
    *cough* Cockatrice *cough*

I think I want to take a different angle with Nic Fit this weekend: Natural Order. I've had success with it in Maverick, so it CAN be crammed into a green deck and work if implemented properly. I'm not sure if this should be exclusively SB material (3 NO, 2 additional targets) or if I should tweak the maindeck. The downside is vulnerability to countermagic and fast combo. If Mythic continues to polarize into a general "combo" vs "delver" meta, a NO plan could bring rain.

Ideal sequencing: turn 1/2 setup a dork + discard -> turn 3/4 NO into Sigarda (delver), Tusk/Ruric/Teeg (burn and combo), Progenitus (fair deck)
    **There's some degree of cabal therapy/thoughtseize/surgical, sensei top in the middle of that.

If the NO doesn't come up, proceed to do Nic Fit things.
    I would need to know what to cut from a standard Nic Fit shell. I'd likely trade the Painful Truths + meta/flex for a 5 card NO package.

====

Not sure if I'm reaching too far with this concept. It likely needs to be fleshed out more. I'd take this over Spiritmonger tbh. I can't think of a list or even color scheme. I don't own blue pieces but a while back Eli was successful with NO-BUG. I've done Maverick with NO in the side.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    *cough* Cockatrice *cough*

I think I want to take a different angle with Nic Fit this weekend: Natural Order. I've had success with it in Maverick, so it CAN be crammed into a green deck and work if implemented properly. I'm not sure if this should be exclusively SB material (3 NO, 2 additional targets) or if I should tweak the maindeck. The downside is vulnerability to countermagic and fast combo. If Mythic continues to polarize into a general "combo" vs "delver" meta, a NO plan could bring rain.

Ideal sequencing: turn 1/2 setup a dork + discard -> turn 3/4 NO into Sigarda (delver), Tusk/Ruric/Teeg (burn and combo), Progenitus (fair deck)
    **There's some degree of cabal therapy/thoughtseize/surgical, sensei top in the middle of that.

If the NO doesn't come up, proceed to do Nic Fit things.
    I would need to know what to cut from a standard Nic Fit shell. I'd likely trade the Painful Truths + meta/flex for a 5 card NO package.

====

Not sure if I'm reaching too far with this concept. It likely needs to be fleshed out more. I'd take this over Spiritmonger tbh. I can't think of a list or even color scheme. I don't own blue pieces but a while back Eli was successful with NO-BUG. I've done Maverick with NO in the side.
    Dromoka is probably better vs Delver than Sigarda, by a lot. Sigarda would be the go-to vs Liliana decks, so like Shardless or Jund. Sketch it up and I'll give some thoughts. I'm also planning on posting my possible lists for Mythic by the end of the night.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Okay, here's my lists for Mythic this weekend. With minimal alterations based on last minute testing (tomorrow and Friday), I'll be within a couple of cards of one of these lists:

Pasta Fit
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    3 Matter Reshaper
    1 Fierce Empath
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Wood Elves
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Reality Smasher
    2 Primeval Titan
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Toxic Deluge

3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Sylvan Library

3 Sensei's Divining Top

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Eye of Ugin
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Misty Rainforest
    3 Bayou
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    1 Wastes

//sb
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Krosan Grip
    2 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Obstinate Baloth
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Engineered Plague

Rhinos

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glissa, the Traitor
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    2 Baneslayer Angel
    1 Sun Titan

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Painful Truths
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Vindicate

2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Engineered Explosives

3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Recurring Nightmare

3 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Taiga
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept Heath
    3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    1 Karakas
    1 Phyrexian Tower

//sb
    2 Slaughter Games
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
    1 Engineered Plague

You can probably read between the lines and figure out some of my thought processes, especially considering sideboarding. Feel free to ask any questions, though, and I'll respond asap.

Bonus list:

I'm not going to play this at Mythic, at least not this month, but I've been slowly working on tinkering with an updated Herbert West list. I haven't touched it since Dig Through Time got banned, since I've been working on other versions, but someone asked me about it a week or two ago and I've been trying to update it since. So, for anyone interested, here's where I'm at on that front:

Herbert West
    4 Veteran Explorer
    3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Consecrated Sphinx
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Griselbrand
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite

4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Reanimate
    1 Show and Tell
    1 Exhume
    1 Unburial Rites

4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    4 Entomb

1 Batterskull

3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Recurring Nightmare

2 Bayou
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Tundra
    1 Savannah
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Island

//sb
    1 Show and Tell
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Krosan Grip
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Duress
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Batterskull
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Enjoy the lists :)

Aug 2014
    Central New York

This is my current list.
    =============
    6 Veteran Explorer & Deathrite Shaman (4:2 or 3:3, undecided)

1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth

2 Baneslayer Angel
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    /17

3 Pernicious Deed
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Path to Exile
    1 Vindicate
    /10

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Skeletal Scrying
    /11

7 fetch
    7 basic
    6 duals
    1 karakas
    1 phyrexian tower
    /22
    ========
    I'm convinced I need Mr. Teeg in the main. Especially against a room of combo.
    Not sure how to make this NO-compliant. My immediate cut is 2 Baneslayer, 1 Scrying (it's solid though), 1 deed...with room for Vindicate to move away (loving it though). That's 4-5 cuts while being 60. LMK your thoughts guys.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

I'm skeptical of how good Nissa is in your list. I've started to come to the opinion that Nissa is very good in two scenarios: when you're turboramping (ie Scapewish), and when you have a bunch of ways to recur her (Sun Titan, Meren, Nightmare, Volrath, etc). Since your list meets neither of these criteria, I'm not sure if you want to hang on to her at this point. If you added a Titan, Nightmare, or Volrath, I think she'd still be fine...2/4 ways to recur is okay, but 1/4 is significantly less likely, I feel.

If you're adding NO, you probably want 4 NO, Progenitals, and Dromoka. Cutting a Baneslayer for a Dromoka makes sense to me in this context. That's 2/6 slots open atm, counting the Nissa.

Your instincts are probably right that Scrying and Vindicate should leave. I'll come back to why I disagree with this course of action later, but for now, let's just make the slots. Not sure how I feel about maindeck Ooze in this list. He's probably one of the worst hateful cards to have vs Lands, and he's generally too slow for Reanimator (but is lights out when he hits). If you're adding NO, you shouldn't need Ooze as a mid-late bomb vs fair.dec. I think I would move him to the board here -- I know you like the card and I don't think that cutting it entirely is correct, but slots need to happen somewhere, and I don't like shaving a Deed at all. Deed is goddamn fantastic in that room. Cutting Ooze makes 5 slots.

Teeg doesn't play nicely with Natural Order, but I know he's kind of a sacred cow for you, so I'll just note that and move on. Honestly, I think the 6th cut is probably the 3rd Abrupt. Decay has been kind of mediocre lately, surprisingly, and that still leaves you with 3+2+3 maindeck removal options, and likely a couple more in the sideboard. Ruric can be boarded as an anti-combo NO target.

On a related topic: you might want to make room for a Dryad Arbor if you go down this road. Shaving a basic is probably where you want to look, although there are arguments for shaving the 7th fetch.

Now, here's my problems with this.

-) You love Gaddock. A lot of the combo decks in the room aren't particularly weak to him, I feel, but regardless, you're going to jam him and he's going to win you some games. Just the way things work. At the point you're adopting NO, you have 4+4 maindeck cards -- all of which comprise your entire tutor engine, mind -- that are turned off by Teeg. And while if you're in a Teeg matchup you generally don't want to be durdling, you need to remember that both tutors lead to swift clocks that can close out games before combo recovers, and NO, in particular, opens up an especially nasty piece of combo hate postboard in the form of Ruric Thar. In an ideal world you could curve Teeg into NO and laugh at the opponent, but that doesn't work here. Teeg ALSO is bad for Slaughter Games, although if you have the ability to NO->Thar, I'm not sure you even want the Slaughters at that point, so that's a moot consideration.

-) What's the gameplan of your deck right now? I look at this list, and I see a deck focused on being very grindy, with lots of removal and card advantage, but also a little bit of hate. This is a super fair deck, which expects opponents to fight fairly or be rendered to the point where they will do so. These types of decks typically have problems closing the game, which NO does help with. But how are you NOing? What are you feeding to it? Stray Deathrites and Veterans? Those cards don't typically stick around for long, for various reasons. You can't sac Teeg to it. E.Wit is fine, but then are you saccing Rhinos? Meren? Sigarda? Furthermore, WHEN are you NOing? Your early game is taken up with removal and ramp, while your midgame consists of Rhinos and angels. This leaves lategame, but at that point, you can just cast/Zenith up anything that you're NOing for outside of Progenitus.

These are my two main problems. There's some other little annoyances, like when you draw Progenitus, but you can always Therapy yourself if you have to.

Now, while I don't think that just jamming NO into your current list is a good idea, I do think that if we rewound and looked at the concept/philosophy of Natural Order as a card, we might be able to make something work.

Colors:

I do think that we want to stay GBW. Dromoka is the type of think you want to cheat on mana for, Sigarda is a card we always run anyway, and these colors give you the best fair game support.

Blue offers Brainstorm, which is nice, but injures your NO targets pretty harshly. Blue also has this obnoxious tendency to eat deck space, which the NO package is already going to do.

Red has some powerful NO targets, and is worth considering in a parallel build. You still can't really maindeck Ruric, but Broodmate Dragon is a fine bro, and you can go bigger if you want to -- something like DL.Atarka is a pretty enormous beating.

4 Veteran
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder

Typical ramp core. Some people don't like Elder (I personally swear by him), but I think that he's very important here since he skips 2->4. I'd prefer a 2-mana dork that ramped as ETB, but we still don't have that, so, oh well.

4 Therapy
    4 GSZ
    4 NO

Therapies and tutors. Note that this is already 19 cards. We're halfway there, and don't even have targets yet.

Let's do white first:

1 Sigarda
    1 DL.Dromoka
    1 Progenitus

These three are mandatory, I think. Other interesting possibilities include:

Karador, Ghost Chieftain (amusingly you can just re-cast whatever you NO'd away)
    Vorinclex (if you want to do hypermana things)
    Hornet Queen (this could be sweet if we run Recurring Nightmare)
    Avenger of Zendikar (worth remembering, but kind of ass when you NO into it because you get very few plants)
    Elderscale Wurm (mostly because LOL BURN)
    Foe-Razer Regent (probably the closest to NO'ing for removal that we're going to get, pretty shitty)
    Garruk's Horde (quality card-advantage engine, but we do have extra non-creatures in our deck that are air)
    Phantom Nishoba (enormous and has lifelink, but it shrinks with damage)
    Protean Hulk (because that can of worms)
    Sylvan Primordial (Nic Fit likes cards that are banned in EDH)
    Trostani's Summoner (literal army in a can, also hilarious with Nightmare)

At this point, we can go a couple of different ways. Tokeny things have two very solid choices: Hornet Queen and Trostani's Summoner, both of which are strong with Nightmare. We want to be doing things with green token production anyway, to fuel Natural Order (probably involving Garruks), so let's work on that first. I do want to mess around with a Karador build, though, as well, because that also seems like it has potential. Protean Hulk could be a third variant, but that's more cancerous than I really feel like being at the moment.

1 Hornet Queen
    1 Trostani's Summoner
    1 Recurring Nightmare

25/39.

We want some token production and bodies that have ETB effect, as I just noted. Dreaming of saccing Explorers to NO is fine and all, but I don't want to rely on that.

2 Eternal Witness
    1 Reclamation Sage
    2 Kitchen Finks
    2 Garruk Relentless

32/39.

Backup plan:

3 Rhino
    1 Meren

36/39.

Removal:

3 Deed
    2 Deluge

41/39.

Card quality:

3 Sensei's Divining Top
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Diabolic Intent

46/39. This is clearly too many cards, so let's pull it together and make some cuts.

We're making a lot of tokens and flooding the board, so let's back off on the Deluges. Rec Sage is good, but can be sideboarded readily. We can shave a Top, although I'm not thrilled with that. Hornet Queen and Summoner are both backups to Progenitus, who will almost always be the go-to first plan, so we don't need both of them. Shaving a Witness and a Finks gets us the rest of the way there. Let's add lands:

4 Veteran
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Kitchen Finks
    3 Rhino
    1 Meren
    1 Sigarda
    1 DL.Dromoka
    1 Trostani's Summoner
    1 Progenitus

4 Therapy
    4 GSZ
    4 NO
    1 Diabolic Intent

2 Sensei's Divining Top

3 Deed
    1 Recurring Nightmare
    1 Sylvan Library

2 Garruk Relentless

3 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept Heath
    3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Phyrexian Tower

Couldn't find room for Teeg, Nissa, or any of a couple of other things I wanted.

Let's throw together a red list. I'll Notepad my thought process for these because I feel like I'm running out of space.

4 Veteran
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Kitchen Finks
    1 Meren
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Broodmate Dragon
    1 DL.Atarka
    1 Progenitus

4 Therapy
    4 GSZ
    4 NO

3 Punishing Fire

2 Sensei's Divining Top

3 Deed
    1 Sylvan Library

2 Garruk Relentless
    2 Liliana of the Veil

3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    2 Bayou
    1 Badlands
    1 Taiga
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    2 Mountain
    2 Swamp
    1 Dryad Arbor

Sample red list.

4 Veteran
    2 DRS
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Kitchen Finks
    2 Huntmaster of the Fells
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Primeval Titan
    1 Inferno Titan
    1 DL.Atarka
    1 Worldspine Wurm

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 GSZ
    3 Natural Order
    2 Painful Truths

2 Abrupt Decay

2 Sensei's Divining Top

3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Sneak Attack
    1 Sylvan Library

2 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wooded Foothills
    3 Forest
    2 Mountain
    2 Swamp
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Phyrexian Tower

Sample red list with Sneak Attack. There's probably more to be done with this -- I have a good feeling about it. Being able to alternatively NO->Worldspine OR Sneak->Worldspine seems like it could be very, very powerful. Sneak Attack with Meren or Volrath's Stronghold also seems like a valuable engine.

tl;dr: I can get behind the idea of a Natural Order variant, but I think it's that: a variant. Trying to ham-fist it into a list that's coming from a completely different philosophy on how to win a game is probably a recipe for disaster. Could be wrong, but, as always, it's my opinion -- however much you value that. Figure out what you personally want to be doing, and rebuild from scratch to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Try a build with 10 fetch, 4 Vet Ex, 4 GSZ, 2 Diabolic Intent and if the mood hits you a Fierce Empath. Running 20/21 shuffle effects makes Courser good enough without the help of Top.

Also, Courser doesn't allow you to gain multiple life per turn as long as you can only play 1 land per turn.

Shardless remains a fine MU without Top. I have yet to get my first loss against it w/ my pile of madness.
    Courser represents 2 life on turns you play a fetch, 1 to play and neutral to fetch leaving you at +1 rather than -1, a 2 point swing.

The big thing I want to try now is Faerie Macabre as my GY hate. When it's dead I can make it a creature and it has a great interaction with a low counter Meren. Has anyone tried this? My recent schedule is keeping me from weekly legacy night for another 2 months.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

damn it arianr, hooked on phonix did not prepare me for all that.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Well, if you want to go for NO it's recommended you run a bunch of creatures that are hard to kill or leave tokens when they die.

This also allows you to run 4 Diabolic Intent, increasing the number of Natural Orders you have in your deck.

Think of creatures like Young Wolf and Tukatongue Thallid.

To make more use of this you could run Stoneforge Mystics (as secondary angle of attack) w/ stuff like Batterskull and Grafted Wargear.

Equip the Wargear, creature dies and leaves another, dump the Wargear on that and just keep going.

Maybe add in Grim Haruspex as CA engine.

And Blood Artist + Phyrexian Altar as combo finish..? Some zombies and Gravecrawler could also do the trick. But that's probably another deck.

On a semi-serious note: Vault of the Archangel seems like a nice lategame haymaker oozing with The Danger Of Cool Things, TM. Wasteland is a bitch.
    Last edited by Echelon; 03-03-2016 at 05:01 AM.

May 2013
    Paris, France

@ Thread:

We have all tested NO at some point in our Nic Fit life...

The conclusion I drew so far is that you certainly want to catch your opponent off guard G2/G3.

I would definitely play a Reanimator Fit version (G1) that transforms into a solid NO plan for G2/G3.

Months/years ago I have posted in this very thread something close to the above. The list was very very raw and featured only G/B colors.

- Crop rotation (for phyrexian tower + Tabernacle for example to abuse veteran explorer triggers)
    - Primeval Titan with Tespian's stage + Lage combo
    - Reanimate + Entomb
    - A few huge/utility beaters (Griselbrand, Massacre Wurm, Elderscale Wurm, Wurmcoil, Progenitus, Grave Titan) some of them as sideboard tool for the sideboard NO plan.
    - And a few utility cards (1 Cavern of Souls, 1 Dryad arbor, 1 Sylvan caryathid, 1 Thragtusk etc...)
    - A few discard spells (Therapy as a 2/3 of because space is rather tight and you have already plenty sac effect + entomb to get a free therapy)

The idea might be worth exploring again with all the new cards we have access to.

Here is an example of a sequence that happened once:
    T1 -> Veteran
    T2 -> Crop rot into Phyrexian Tower -> Sac Veteran + entomb for Primetime + Reanimate (with Pierce mana back up) -> Primetime fetching Lage Combo -> opponent conceded...

Welcome to Legacy Fit...

Dec 2013

The allure of Natural Order is that it's a single, 4 mana card that says "I win" (hyperboling a little bit here) without the need of any further setup.

That being said, Elves! is the best Natural Order deck there is. Natural Order Fit isn't consistent and fast enough to really be viable.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    The allure of Natural Order is that it's a single, 4 mana card that says "I win" (hyperboling a little bit here) without the need of any further setup.

That being said, Elves! is the best Natural Order deck there is. Natural Order Fit isn't consistent and fast enough to really be viable.
    Agree.

To become the core card of a deck, NO must ensure a "I win", or at least a 90% "I win" first.

In Elves, NO into Behemoth usually kills the opponent immediately. So up to 4 copies of NO could work well in an Elves deck.

As a counter-example, rug NO decks was once the most popular DTB about 5 years ago. But today, it is completely wiped from the metagame. Its label even totally extinguished on websites like TCdecks.

Why? After the print of Terminus, Liliana and Griselbrand.etc, NO into Progenitus cannot ensure a "I win" anymore.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Dec 2013

Yup, a T2/3 Progenitus/Worldspine Wurm just isn't good enough anymore.

Powercreep..? What's that?

How do you think NO matches up to Scapeshift in terms of 4-mana 'End the game' buttons? I'm tempted to try a 4-colour build in Reanimator style with NO in the sideboard and R in the main for Burning Wish into NO if the Reanimator plan doesn't go through / fetching Reanimate and Slaughter Games if needed.

Something like this?

11 Dudes:
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Vet
    1 DRS
    1 Witness
    1 Nissa
    1 Meren
    1 Siege Rhino or Sigarda
    1 Thrag

2 Big guys: (I think these two cover most matchups? Maybe something like Trostani's Summoner or Hornet Queen as a third choice)
    1 Ruric Thar
    1 Elderscale Wurm

19 Utility:
    4 Zenith
    3 Therapy
    3 Burning Wish
    3 SDT
    2 Diabolic Intent
    2 Entomb
    1 Recurring Nightmare
    1 Reanimate

8 Removal:
    3 Deed
    3 Path
    2 Decay

21 Non-Arbor lands: (14G/14B/12W/10R)
    8 Fetch (Catacombs, Heath)
    6 Basic (2 Forest 2 Swamp 1 Plains 1 Mountain)
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Bayou
    2 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    1 Taiga

SB:
    3 Surgical
    2 Needle
    1 Reanimate
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Decay
    2 Slaughter Games
    2 Natural Order
    1 Vindicate
    1 Massacre
    1 Innocent Blood

Dec 2013

Well, Scapeshift can win from an empty board state (creaturewise) and, more importantly, in the same turn it's cast. That makes it better than Natural Order.

Thread Information