Page 212 of 428 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

-) Pulse is the best 3-mana kill spell in a vacuum, because it hits multiple things for the same 3 mana investment. Worst case, it's an on-color (G over W) vindicate that can't hit lands, which is hardly ever relevant.

-) Vindicate is typically ran BECAUSE it kills lands. Sometimes you screw people via Eternal Witness shenanigans. Sometimes you need to clear out a Karakas so that your opponent can't interact well with your Meren or Glissa (or other things). Sometimes it hits a Maze of Ith that's being particularly obnoxious. Yes, it can (and does) hit creatures and walkers as well: but it's primary reason for being ran is that it hits lands.

-) Anguished Unmaking is an instant and exiles, both of which are relevant. A certain Merit Lage comes IMMEDIATELY to mind here, but there are other applications as well. Exile means no bringing back, which can be very nice vs Stoneblade decks that run Academy Ruins, Thopter/Sword out of Tezz, and some other, more niche scenarios (like Nic Fit mirrors). As others have noted, the 3 life loss SHOULDN'T typically matter. I will note, though, that it IS a cost, and you do need to remember that. Painful Truths has been largely awful in the meta around me due to the speed of the format here. Now, this thing at least interacts with the board, and it costs life on resolution, so if they counter it we don't get hurt, which is nice (/cough deluge, /cough).

At the end of the day I'd recommend picking up an Unmaking or two to stash in a box. It'll probably be run as a 1-of to compliment Vindicate and maybe Pulse. The biggest loser here is Council's Judgment, by a lot. We weren't really running that card anymore anyway, but with Unmaking existing now, I can't imagine we'll ever run CJ again. The only thing that's really relevant about CJ is that it can hit TNN, Emrakul, and Progenitus -- but none of those really typically matter anyway, and Unmaking is going to be a lot better the rest of the time.

It definitely doesn't replace Vindicate. Whether or not it replaces Pulse is likely metagame dependent -- when there's a lot of Lands, I think it does. When there's a lot of Shardless, I don't think it does -- Shardless tends to very frequently pile up multiple Goyfs in play.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

I believe vindicate and pulse still outclass it and I would rather pay 3 life/3 mana to draw three cards.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Looks pretty good. Similar to Garruk Relentless, but easy access to an overrun and can bolt players, in exchange for having to alternate making a wolf and bolting things.

Mar 2013
    Mead Hall Games, Minneapolis

That card is worse that Garruk in this deck. shooting a creature on turn 2, Slower at pumping out creatures, Jund-fit decks typically feature a lower amount of creatures than junk (due to the pfire/liliana engine that takes space of creatures) means the overrun effect is not a great fit. Its a neat card but is worse than elspeth or garruk in the non jace/liliana pw spot.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Arlinn is basically a planeswalker version of Huntmaster. Since we're a Zenith deck, I think that Huntmaster is just better.

Nov 2014
    Portland, Oregon USA

Arlinn looks cool. I like the design. I don't think she fits in this deck, though. I'll echo the comment that this is a Zenith deck. We want to fetch creatures. Not sure how she fits in a Punishing Fit build, aside from being red. Upside here is that she can dodge Deed and Decay.
    Delver; Nic Fit; Affinity

Mar 2013
    Mead Hall Games, Minneapolis

This card doesnt fit in that deck at all unless you were playing some weird 2-3 hermit deck but even then Garruk would be better as you tutor up all your hermits, let them die and then overrun with Garruk.

Mar 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I might be wrong here, but i don't think she's even near huntmaster. She is unplayable into a empty board vs any non botlable creature or any 3 power evasive creature.

Enviado de meu XT1225 usando Tapatalk

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post

Looks pretty good. Similar to Garruk Relentless, but easy access to an overrun and can bolt players, in exchange for having to alternate making a wolf and bolting things.
    Everything seems to be mentioned.

Garruk R is strictly better.
    Between Garruk, Liliana, ObNix and Vraska do we really want this?
    Huntmaster is GSZ'able and offers a bit more "now".

Arlinn does provide direct damage to the opponent. It also makes a huge haste vigilance. Her flipped +1 kind of sux. The card seems threatening on an empty board. Seems conditionally very good and bad at the same time. The card is somewhat difficult, but perhaps her abilities are manageable in actual play. Perhaps next to Huntmaster, Garruk R and Master of the Wild Hunt.

I like and hate it at the same time. Why o why WotC? Chandra, Flamecaller was also very very close.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Everything seems to be mentioned.

Garruk R is strictly better.
    Between Garruk, Liliana, ObNix and Vraska do we really want this?
    Huntmaster is GSZ'able and offers a bit more "now".

Arlinn does provide direct damage to the opponent. It also makes a huge haste vigilance. Her flipped +1 kind of sux. The card seems threatening on an empty board. Seems conditionally very good and bad at the same time. The card is somewhat difficult, but perhaps her abilities are manageable in actual play. Perhaps next to Huntmaster, Garruk R and Master of the Wild Hunt.

I like and hate it at the same time. Why o why WotC? Chandra, Flamecaller was also very very close.
    Seems altogether borderline which is huge for wotc bc recently, if it aint an eldrazi, its a wet dildo floating in a plastic pool (looks fun but its just sad and depressing)

Flamecaller is just a bit over costed. Albeit 3RR might not be where it needs to be, perhaps 2RR #dreamworld

Aug 2014
    Central New York

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    New card that is strictly worse than vindicate spoiled.
    1WB
    instant
    exile target nonland permanent
    lose 3 life
    I can look past the 3 life in exchange for instant-speed. But not hitting lands is actually a thing I use vindicate for (notably to color-screw or to nail some key nonbasic). I'd probably run this over Pulse, but it would be behind Vindicate and Toxic D in my 3cc removal hierarchy.

@R/G flipping walker:
    Does nothing I want in Nic Fit. She's actually got me thinking about Naya aggro....but that's a dead archetype.

*Edited list for readability.

Hi, been lurking for a while and tonight I contribute.

I played GB Nic Fit tonight at an LGS. This was my first paper event in a decade. I've played an evolution of this list online for 6+ months and am pretty comfortable with it. It's grown out of the GB list that CalebD did Channel Fireball vids with way back when. On Modo I have a pretty tight list, but my paper collection is currently 3-4 cards off of what I would consider optimal. This is what I ran.

Creatures
    4 Vets
    1 DRS
    2 Ooze
    1 Meren
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    2 Grave Titan

Discard/Removal
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Thoughtseize
    3 Hymn
    2 Lili
    1 Pulse
    3 Deed
    4 Decay

Library Manip.
    1 Sylvan library
    2 Skeletal Scrying
    4 GSZ
    2 Divining Top

Lands
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Catacombs
    3 Delta
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    5 Swamp
    3 Forest
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

SB:
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Choke
    1 Krosan Grip
    2 Thragtusk
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Duress

________

Round 1: D&T, 2-0. G1. I put on early discard pressure and spot removal. He got a thalia and some flickerwisps and got me to 6 before I popped deed for 3 and cleared his board. Next turn I played a Titania and made elementals ftw. G2: A very long and grindy match jockeying for position. I sung hymns, therapied away a batterskull, and generally made his life tough for a while. He revoked Lili and DRS and played a Mirran Crusader which stung for a few turns. I got Titania and made a few elementals, put on enough pressure that he had to give up the revokers, opening up Lili to do work. Round time was called. I topdecked a grave titan in rounds and lived the dream.

Round 2: Combo Elves, 0-2. I have a hard time with this matchup. G1 she went off quick and I ate 30 or so trample damage. G2 I was really missing the E Plagues I didn't have in my sideboard this time. I went heavy discard to try and slow it down. I lived through one craterhoof and the game slowed down. Meren recurs dryad arbor for a while to block baddies and I gain some life and stabilize. I get a Titania and start applying some pressure. She topdecks GSZ for a second Craterhoof, 60+ damage GG Elves.

Round 3: Show and Tell, 2-0. He cantrips a lot G1 and I land a DRS and lots of discard. I got the killer combo of Liliana uptick, discard Grave Titan, return Grave Titan to my hand at EOT with Meren. Lili up to 7 counters while Meren and friends attack to GG. G2 I side in discard and side out permanent removals. Make him discard good stuff, play little threats into big threats and GG.

Got some packs for my trouble and opened a Liliana Heretical Healer. All in all a good night.
    Last edited by Max_B; 03-16-2016 at 10:40 AM.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Wonderful job, Max! Welcome back to magic but more importantly, welcome to nic fit!

Your list looks strong and straight forward. Too bad about elves, it seems like a good matchup on paper but they can just draw out of discard and combo from oblivion. Too bad it was heretical and not veil. Womp womp.

Have you thought about and do you have time to talk about our lord and savior, Skillerhino. He green sun'd to the battlefield and triggered himself so we don't have to. Sigarda, his archangel, is not only watching over him, but also you. That thing you do in the shower with the loofa, throw that damn thing away. If anyone ever uses it and finds out the reason you have it, they may commit sudoku.

White opens up a whole new world(que the Aladdin)...a dazzling power you never knew. It's like a shooting star, it's come so far. And now your in a whole new world.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Max_B View Post
    List & report
    I'd at least go with -1 Swamp, +1 Forest. Having that first green mana turn 1 is crucial. You also might want to go up to 21 lands. I'd recommend a second Phyrexian Tower for that.

It might also be nice to run a Golgari Charm or two in your sideboard.

You might want to work on formatting your deck, i.e. grouping by creatures, removal, CA/library manipulation and lands. It makes your list a lot easier to read for the rest of us.

Edit: And what high priest Ricardio said. All hail the Rhino!

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...view-Card.html

Strictly sideboard material, if even that. Being a GSZable "you have hexproof" creature is at least worth noting, but I can't think of a time when I'd actually run her.

I'm actually fine with this...I don't know how pushed she would've had to have been to replace Sigarda 1.0, who is STILL a top-drawer threat after all of this time.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    http://www.starcitygames.com/article...view-Card.html

Strictly sideboard material, if even that. Being a GSZable "you have hexproof" creature is at least worth noting, but I can't think of a time when I'd actually run her.

I'm actually fine with this...I don't know how pushed she would've had to have been to replace Sigarda 1.0, who is STILL a top-drawer threat after all of this time.
    What a disappointment this card is. Not even worthy of a sideboard slot, even a mono colored non legendary guy like Baneslayer is stronger than that. EDH fodder imo, I was so hyped.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

In MUs where we need to protect our "face"(against Burn/Hymn/Therapy/Tendrils...), we could already be stony dead or crushed before landing a 5CC.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Thanks for the responses and feedback guys. Long live nic fit.

Re: Rhino, I know he's great, but I think he really changes the play style of the deck. I like to play this list as a control deck, wear them down to top deck mode, and then in the rubble, stick a bomb to force them to have an answer or lose. I like having access to lots of thragtusks for miracles and the like. Titania and grave Titan at the top end just win. Meren stays in my mana and enables all sorts of grindy shenanigans in mid-game. With all that said I have tested rhino and the white splash in general and I will continue to on Modo. I really do enjoy playing 2 color in a field full of wastelands.

Re: lands, I started with more forests initially. I did run 21 lands counting dryad arbor. I went heavy swamps at last minute because in my worst matchups, I really want to hymn to tourach early. For these purposes, the mana worked great and it never constrained me. I know my worst matchups are combo and with an unknown meta I wanted to hedge against that. Then I got hit in the face by an elfball. I have my third bayou coming in the mail so I'll have 3 for next months legacy event and it'll be a little cleaner.

Second phyrexian tower deserves testing. It enables some seriously broken starts with vet.

Golgari charm is definitely a good one. I might run a couple of those next time. Would drop some combination of extraction/duress. Not as powerful overall as e plague for the elf/goblin/whatever matchup, but the added utility against a sneak attack or whatever could be helpful. Sideboard is ever evolving.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Max_B View Post
    Thanks for the responses and feedback guys. Long live nic fit.

Re: Rhino, I know he's great, but I think he really changes the play style of the deck. I like to play this list as a control deck..
    Rhino really changes the power level of the deck.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Nov 2014
    Portland, Oregon USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Rhino really changes the power level of the deck.
    Rhino is the reason I play this deck. Lightning Helix (6 point swing) on a big, trampling beatstick that survives Pernicious Deed at 3. 4 Rhino + 4 Zenith = 8 Rhino... And, that's before you factor in Eternal Witness, Volrath's Stronghold, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, etc... STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!
    Delver; Nic Fit; Affinity

Thread Information