Page 289 of 428 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Well... Siege Rhino. But is seems our lord and savior is down in the dumps at the moment.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by uncletiggy View Post
    Ive been playing a pw list lately with md 2 pulse, sorin, and vraska as clean answers to jace plus a relentless and im still having trouble pressuring jace after the first fate seal. Im considering ground breaker as a zenithable aproach to burning down a jace, has anyone tried this previously? It may not be a viable solution for what im currently running since im also leaning on e bridge md but it may be an option for my rhino list's single flex slot that is currently back and forth between tusk and tracker.
    If you are talking about Daddy Sorin, he is just cute.

Just try Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and see the difference by yourself.

In a Junk Walker Fit build I'll go with:

- Nissa, voice of Zendikar
    - Liliana of the Veil
    - Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

I'm not sure we can afford playing a 4th PW but Garruk, relentless would be the 4th.

Edit:

Something like that

1 Plains
    3 Forest
    3 Swamp
    4 Verdant catacombs
    4 Windswept heath
    3 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    2 Scrubland
    1 Phyrexian Tower

4 Veteran explorer
    2 Scavenging Ooze
    2 Eternal Witness
    1 Thragtusk

1 Empty the Pits

3 Liliana of the Veil
    3 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
    2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

3 Sensei's divining Top

2 Pernicious Deed

4 Innocent Blood
    3 Abrupt Decay

4 Cabal therapy
    4 Green Sun Zenith
    1 Toxic Deluge

Play Deed. Nuke the World.
    Oct 2010

Never tried Groundbreaker, but did try the ever janky Timbermare and got meh results. I imagine Groundbreaker may be similar, though it can take Jace down and multiple blockers if needed. Strangleroot geist was also a consideration.

Also, I remember the hype for Siege Rhino ... and never understood why it was used over Thragtusk outside of trample and the immediate siphon effect.

Anyhow, Eternal Masters has brought to my attention a certain card we may benefit from in Junk versions: Karmic Guide. Granted it is piss poor by itself, but it does offer a body that can trade with Delver (which, outside of combo, I remember having the most difficulty against evasive beats) while maintaining value.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Never tried Groundbreaker, but did try the ever janky Timbermare and got meh results. I imagine Groundbreaker may be similar, though it can take Jace down and multiple blockers if needed. Strangleroot geist was also a consideration.

Also, I remember the hype for Siege Rhino ... and never understood why it was used over Thragtusk outside of trample and the immediate siphon effect.

Anyhow, Eternal Masters has brought to my attention a certain card we may benefit from in Junk versions: Karmic Guide. Granted it is piss poor by itself, but it does offer a body that can trade with Delver (which, outside of combo, I remember having the most difficulty against evasive beats) while maintaining value.
    It does about the same for 1 mana less and kill the opponent through a number of scenario's where Thragtusk can't. Not having to attack can be crucial, just like the 1 mana difference.

Karmic Guide is alright but has the eternal problem of being not tutorable. I've been trying to brew up a Protean Hulk build but it's pretty awkward to get going without running four colours, because you need W for Karmic Guide / Reveillark and you want Blue for Body Double and Intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    If you are talking about Daddy Sorin, he is just cute.

Just try Sorin, Lord of Innistrad and see the difference by yourself.

In a Junk Walker Fit build I'll go with:

- Nissa, voice of Zendikar
    - Liliana of the Veil
    - Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

I'm not sure we can afford playing a 4th PW but Garruk, relentless would be the 4th.
    In such a tokens build, would you just skip the deeds? It seems like they would be 3 very dead cards for such a build

Dec 2013

Not the "But Deed blows up my shit too" crap again. Your PWs are token factories. You blow up Deed at your opponents' EoT, then start rebuilding on your turn. You don't have to care about your shit getting blown up - there's more shit where that shit came from and after blowing up Deed you're ahead in the who-has-shit department anyway. After blowing up Deed you have more and bigger shit than your opponent does, that's all that matters. If you find that that just doesn't happen when you play Deed, you're doing shit wrong.

Seriously, if that's something you can't wrap your head around you should stop playing this deck altogether.

Feb 2015
    Italy

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Not the "But Deed blows up my shit too" crap again. Your PWs are token factories. You blow up Deed at your opponents' EoT, then start rebuilding on your turn. You don't have to care about your shit getting blown up - and after blowing up Deed you're ahead in the who-has-got-shit deparment.

Seriously, if that's something you can't wrap your head around you should stop playing this deck altogether.
    I wouldn't really dismiss instantly that kind of consideration calling it "crap"..it makes sense because while in an ideal world you are right, it cannot be denied that often "being forced to deed" a board full of tokens generates feelsbadman moments. In my humble opinion if you are going the full tokens route, you are playing a very different deck imo.

Your thought process makes sense, but it doesn't consider the fact that it's not Christmas everyday, and it isn't always possible to generate " more shit where that shit came from". Thats junk midrange with lingering souls liliana and hymn right?

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    I wouldn't really dismiss instantly that kind of consideration calling it "crap"..it makes sense because while in an ideal world you are right, it cannot be denied that often "being forced to deed" a board full of tokens generates feelsbadman moments. In my humble opinion if you are going the full tokens route, you are playing a very different deck imo.
    If you experience Pernicious Deed as the creator of feelbad moments, you should befriend a honey badger. It'll set you straight.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

If you need to blow up deed, while having a bunch of tokens and PW's out then there must be something forcing you to blow that deed. Hence, not blowing deed would probably result in a gameloss even with that boardstate. So ask yourself again, does it matter losing these tokens?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by emesyu View Post
    In such a tokens build, would you just skip the deeds? It seems like they would be 3 very dead cards for such a build
    Yeah, shit happens sometimes.

But if you have to blow your deed, it means that your tokens would not have helped you out anyway.
    Nonetheless, going down to only 2 deeds + 1 toxic might be the way to go.

I have posted a list above that might be worth exploring.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    If you need to blow up deed, while having a bunch of tokens and PW's out then there must be something forcing you to blow that deed. Hence, not blowing deed would probably result in a gameloss even with that boardstate. So ask yourself again, does it matter losing these tokens?

You are making the wrong questions my friend.

The correct one, imo, would be: is it a poor deck building choice to play that kind of MAIN strategies (not talking about the singleton elspeth in the sb) together in the same deck? My personal answer to that would be yes. Why not preventing that kind of situation in the first place? This is common sense after all.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post

DING DING DING, we have a winner!

Blow that Deed, channel your inner Taylor Swift or Elsa, shake it off/let it go and proceed to smash face.

@rubble: It's as close to a 1-sided sweeper as we'll get. Crack some eggs to make that omelette, man! Tokens aren't real cards, so what do you really lose..? Especially if the factory keeps producing more #consumerism.

Not the "But Deed blows up my shit too" crap again. Your PWs are token factories. You blow up Deed at your opponents' EoT, then start rebuilding on your turn. You don't have to care about your shit getting blown up - there's more shit where that shit came from and after blowing up Deed you're ahead in the who-has-shit department anyway. After blowing up Deed you have more and bigger shit than your opponent does, that's all that matters. If you find that that just doesn't happen when you play Deed, you're doing shit wrong.

No, I think you "Seriously???"

I'm continually perplexed by people like you who either think it's cool to shit talk people on the internet or who lack the self awareness to sense that what they're saying is needlessly rude. As always, it's not that you don't have thoughts to contribute, it's just a shame that it's wrapped in such a flaming pile of being shitty.

So why? Really ask yourself. This is a thread that people on and on talk about how great and constructive everyone is, and yet in my experience, you have been one of the thorniest presences in this board. You can't claim ignorance either because other people have called you out about this in the past. Literally your only defense would be (and has been!) "that's just how I am", but is that really who you want to be? An ornery forum goer who dismisses other people's contributions if they don't fit with your views? You gain nothing other than maybe making your dick hard and contributing to a toxic environment and echo-chambering. You want to work on innovating the archetype? Great, why don't you silence newer voices that are just getting into the conversation.

So more than the efficacy of a certain card in a card game, I'm more having trouble 'wrapping my head around' what stick has gotten so far up your ass that you have trouble just interacting with others as a well-adjusted human.

an edit: If you need a model for how to make a point similar to yours but in a way that also says "I am a person who understands how to interact with others in a positive way" there are *already* multiple examples above. It is just baffling and there really is no excuse.
    Last edited by emesyu; 05-27-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Dec 2013

Rant
    I dismiss the contributions of others b/c they keep falling for the same mistakes over and over again and because of that I'm purposely rude. I don't think it to be cool, I'm not unaware of what I'm doing, I don't even like doing it, I knowingly deem it necessary. If that makes me the thorniest presence on the board, so be it. If this is all it takes to piss you off, good luck to you. For your sake, I hope you never run into Lemnear.

A word of advise though - the next time you see a post riddled with the word shit, don't take it too seriously.

I dismiss the contributions of others b/c they keep falling for the same mistakes over and over again and because of that I'm purposely rude. I don't think it to be cool, I'm not unaware of what I'm doing, I choicefully deem it necessary. If that makes me the thorniest presence on the board, so be it. If this is all it takes to piss you off, good luck to you.

You misconstrue me. I am less pissed off than deeply confused.

While is it interesting to me that you apparently intentionally choose to be rude, I fundamentally disagree that it is "necessary", again as demonstrated by so many in this thread.

If you are frustrated that a rapidly moving forum has some measure of redundancy in its discussion, good luck to you. I don't think it's something you will ever fix, even if you tried to scale up on the personal attacks.

I also have to point out the deep irony of trying to foster innovation while actually fostering exclusion. Your cavalier attitude and faux-martyr stance of doing what is 'necessary' for the board is farcical. You make yourself out to be some kind of sentinel of productive conversation in the thread which is a position to me that seems profoundly misguided at best and supremely neckbeard-y at worst.

And again, you miss the point. It is not the word "shit", it is "Seriously, if that's something you can't wrap your head around you should stop playing this deck altogether." The clear implication that I am not wanted here. It is the laughably condescending phenomenon of starting any sentence with "a word of advice - ". I am really just not sure what to make of you, but I feel safe in saying that this kind of attitude does not foster better discussion - an outcome you claim to be motivating you - which again leads me to question your self-awareness in terms of interacting with others.

Dec 2013

The clear implication that I am not wanted here.
    The implication is that something should be perceived in a drastically different manner, which has nothing to do with you as a person or if you're wanted here or not. You're as welcome as anybody else, why wouldn't you be?

Your problem is with my indifference, not my self-awareness. Anyways, keep at it. You're doing a wonderful job.

The implication is that something should be perceived in a drastically different manner, which has nothing to do with you as a person or if you're wanted here or not.

Your problem is with my indifference, not my self-awareness. Anyways, keep at it. You're doing a wonderful job.

No, it is an awareness problem when you say you want one thing but are actively working toward another.

You can call things whatever you want to try to backpedal, but everything you wrote is right there for anyone to read.

In any case, best of luck, forum-hero. You are doing a wonderful job.

Dec 2013

You can call things whatever you want to try to backpedal, but everything you wrote is right there for anyone to read.

In any case, best of luck, forum-hero. You are doing a wonderful job.
    Backpedalling. I lol'd.

Thread Information