Page 324 of 428 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

I played Garruk Primal Hunter to a first place finish in a 65ish man tournament as a 1-2of a long time ago (in my Nic Fit days circa 2013 I think). He is still one of the best Planeswalker this deck can play imho after Liliana and Jace.

Also, I wouldn't dismiss Ob Nixilis as a 1of in a superfriends list along with a single Primal Hunter.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    From the shores of Reddit to our own personal hell.
    Yup. I thought I was the one to post crazy shit. Quit stealing my job, dammit!

@matt: How did you exams go? Do we have to call you doctor Matt yet?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

You can always call me doctor.

I'll throw up my list in a few hours. Good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthiereisfun View Post
    I played with primal hunter in standard and he was pretty great. I think it's reasonable.
    Standard and Legacy have very different needs, what plays well in one often doesn't play well in the other. Usually Standard all stars don't make the transition. Primal Hunter has several issues:

First is that he's GGG and 5 mana in a format with Wasteland.
    Second is that he's best with big creatures, but the lower curve of Legacy decks lends itself to lower power. Even a ramp deck like Nic Fit which is one of the formats highest curve decks is typically stopping at 5. Where Garruk might generate 5 or 6 cards in Standard he generates 2 or 3 here.
    Third is that he's only generating a single body per turn. To be viable in Legacy you either need multiple bodies (like Sun's Champion), or the ability to generate additional value off the body (like LoI).

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    What's it with all these random accounts popping up in this threat posting such outlandish stuff?
    Seems to be a wave of new people to Legacy lately, which is great. We're labeled the budget deck though where you can play your standard cards which isn't quite as great. Reddit seems to love this deck, at least the worst of the worst stays contained there.

It's not just this thread though, in some others it's similar. Burn recently had new people talking about including a newly spoiled strictly worse Shock into the deck. It seems EMA is getting people interested in the format, but no one has yet learned that the answer to "How do I use bad card X in the format?" is that you don't.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    It's not just this thread though, in some others it's similar. Burn recently had new people talking about including a newly spoiled strictly worse Shock into the deck. It seems EMA is getting people interested in the format, but no one has yet learned that the answer to "How do I use bad card X in the format?" is that you don't.
    I foresee a major increase in hurt butts in the near future. Better grab our raincoats to prepare for the upcoming shitstorm. Things to look out for:
    - Can we play card X?
    - Has anyone ever tried X?
    - But it doesn't play well with Pernicious Deed?
    - But what if card X dies?
    - OMGWTFBBQ Echelon, you suck, you rude motherfucker, fuck you!
    - You know nothing, Jon Snow

I say strike them down with Lemnearean vehemence and drive your points home/educate them with a sledgehammer. There will be blood.

Very interested in this deck. I've had enchantress for a whole and also been playing with deathblade. What would a BUG list look like. Interested in seeing lists with and without pod. Curious about using force of will either in the main or side. Also, what would a superfriends list look like?

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by apolloscr33d View Post
    Very interested in this deck. I've had enchantress for a whole and also been playing with deathblade. What would a BUG list look like. Interested in seeing lists with and without pod. Curious about using force of will either in the main or side. Also, what would a superfriends list look like?
    Google is your friend.

I also can vouch for primal Hunter, hes great. The amount of cards you can draw and pressure he generates is huge out of the sideboard. That said, once I realised the miracles matchup is barely attrition based now that they can insta-win with mentor on turn 3/4, I stopped sideboarding card advantage cards :(

Yea new people is great, but please read the primer, you'd do well to scan through the last X pages of the thread, don't triple post -.- you can edit your posts instead. Speaking of editing, please at least try your hand at the English language. We like to keep this thread resembling gentlemans/ladies debate, not a drunk 4chan post.
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

Any build recommendations for a meta with ANT, couple of D&T, goblins, burn, reanimator, at least 2 miracles, eldrazi, deathblade, belcher, and a few homebrews? MY LGS has started weekly legacy tournament during FNM.

For each of the decks you listed:

ANT: We have game in every list, blue is slightly better. We have a lot of sideboard options in all colours which help a lot.

D&T: Usually a reasonable matchup. Again, this can be improved a lot with SB cards like Golgari Charm. Blue builds do a bit worse here .

Goblins: This is a fine matchup because Deed is amazing and Vet blocks Lackey. They have good CA engines and can make use of the lands but we're probably favored.

Burn: You should be okay unless they get a particularly strong draw. If you play Thoughtseize or Truths main, have something in your SB to swap for it to avoid causing yourself problems.

Reanimator: Always a bad matchup. White does a bit better because Path is good. Play Surgical Extractions in your sideboard and if you're lucky you'll hit 40/60.

Miracles: Rhino Fit doesn't do great, never an amazing matchup, but very dependent on pilot skill so if it's a new metagame you should have time to work out how to tune your list.

Eldrazi: Always a little iffy. Probably wants some sideboard cards. Blue lists do well because Baleful Strix is amazing.

Deathblade: Slow clock + dependent on slow-ish Deed-able threats. Good matchup for all builds.

Belcher: Better hope you have turn one discard/counter, or they lose to themselves. Blue is a bit better but FOW isn't amazing against most other decks so it depends how much you want to concede to it

Something for you veteran (explorers) to remember is that you were new to the format/deck at some point so maybe cut people some slack.

Personally I mentioned this being a budget deck as certain junk builds can be made on mtgo for around the 200 tix mark where miracles costs about 650 so in comparison it is a budget deck. I ruled out trying the BUG version as the cost goes up a lot if you want to play blue, plus I kind of feel you are just then playing a bad shardless bug deck.

Maybe new people will come up with silly suggestions or ask about cards you have already discussed, but come on guys some of you are talking about starfield of nyx and 5 colour and eldrazi builds so it seems you are willing to go off the reservation from time to time.

I have read dozens of pages of this thread now and am still a bit confused about what is good and where as their are so many versions and ways of playing it.

With regard to the miracles match up I feel it depends a lot on their build and how you attack each version. I feel like the heavy mentor/predict builds should be beatable with discard and then surgical or extirpate their mentor and then follow that up with slaughter games on their jace and they now have 0 win cons.

I asked before but got no response, does anyone know of anyone who streams this deck and saves the video? There does not seem to be a large amount of content out there from what I can find.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
    I asked before but got no response, does anyone know of anyone who streams this deck and saves the video? There does not seem to be a large amount of content out there from what I can find.
    There's very little video coverage of this deck, so there's not much we can offer.

I have been playing Jund "none P.fire" today on MTGO, is there a way to post my videos of my games? I am also new to Nic Fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    For each of the decks you listed:

ANT: We have game in every list, blue is slightly better. We have a lot of sideboard options in all colours which help a lot.

D&T: Usually a reasonable matchup. Again, this can be improved a lot with SB cards like Golgari Charm. Blue builds do a bit worse here .

Goblins: This is a fine matchup because Deed is amazing and Vet blocks Lackey. They have good CA engines and can make use of the lands but we're probably favored.

Burn: You should be okay unless they get a particularly strong draw. If you play Thoughtseize or Truths main, have something in your SB to swap for it to avoid causing yourself problems.

Reanimator: Always a bad matchup. White does a bit better because Path is good. Play Surgical Extractions in your sideboard and if you're lucky you'll hit 40/60.

Miracles: Rhino Fit doesn't do great, never an amazing matchup, but very dependent on pilot skill so if it's a new metagame you should have time to work out how to tune your list.

Eldrazi: Always a little iffy. Probably wants some sideboard cards. Blue lists do well because Baleful Strix is amazing.

Deathblade: Slow clock + dependent on slow-ish Deed-able threats. Good matchup for all builds.

Belcher: Better hope you have turn one discard/counter, or they lose to themselves. Blue is a bit better but FOW isn't amazing against most other decks so it depends how much you want to concede to it
    Yeah its a tough call for this meta. Most lists I see for most versions run pod or scapeshift. Not sure pod will be good for this meta, but i'm also not sure about a red verison. Anyone have success with a list without pod or scapeshift?

Dec 2013

Yeah its a tough call for this meta. Most lists I see for most versions run pod or scapeshift. Not sure pod will be good for this meta, but i'm also not sure about a red verison. Anyone have success with a list without pod or scapeshift?
    Define success. At a big tournament? No. Somewhere last year during 20-30 man monthlies at the LGS when my local meta was Miracles free and full of anyDelver/other fair decks? Yeah, since that was the decks ideal hunting ground. Unfortunately the meta has shifted and that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Define success. At a big tournament? No. Somewhere last year during 20-30 man monthlies at the LGS when my local meta was Miracles free and full of anyDelver/other fair decks? Yeah, since that was the decks ideal hunting ground. Unfortunately the meta has shifted and that ship has sailed.
    So which build would you feel most comfortable bringing to a slightly wide open meta like mines? Lets assume you have equal experience with all builds. Also do you think this deck is even good for a meta like mine?

Dec 2013

I'm biased. I tend to favor Rhino Fit over anything else b/c I have an unhealthy obsession for Path to Exile.

Some good planeswalkers can have quite an impact on your Miracles MU. Even though the Sorins and Elspeth are probably the best planeswalkers to have, all colours have access to Garruk.

The thing is - Rhino Fit pounds the everloving shit out of already the good MUs this deck has but is complete and utter crap vs. the decks worse MUs.

Seems like my goal need to be focused on finding a build with a good combo and miracles match up. the core of this deck seems to be good vs most fair matchups

Dec 2013

Seems like my goal need to be focused on finding a build with a good combo and miracles match up. the core of this deck seems to be good vs most fair matchups
    Combo means BUG, Miracles probably means Jund. You want it all? That's a nut we've yet to crack.

What are the main tools from each build that combat combo and miracles? Is a 4c build impossible?

Thread Information