Page 378 of 428 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Feb 2015
    Italy

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Wow, nice post. That GSZ "tutorial" is exactly what I was looking for :D

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    When you resolve To the Slaughter, choose a mode:

-) Target player sacrifices a creature
    -) Target player sacrifices a planeswalker

It's still debatable if we need a second Empath. A second Empath basically opens up the line of Empathing for Bellower for Empath 2 for Emrakul/Titans. That being said, I never once had this come up or be relevant on the weekend. The only time it was sort of relevant and I sort of wished I had a second Empath was the draw vs Grixis, and that was entirely my own fault and avoidable.
    To The Slaughter is occasionally slightly worse than that, since if your Shardless opponent makes Deathrite into Liliana, for example, you can't take Lili out unless you have Delirium.

I personally really like the second Empath. It's not a card you are ever particularly unhappy to have in hand, and having it in hand is significantly better than Zenithing for it since it gives you good odds of being able to Emrakul the turn you actually cast Sneak rather than the turn after. The Bellower line is one I also quite like, since it lets you Empath for value midgame without making your zeniths and bellower(s) unable to get Emrakul in the endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgkins View Post
    Sorry for asking, but what's SE Fit? I've seen it mentioned here a while back.
    It's a build we tried that was able to mimic the consistency of blue decks, having just as much card selection and card advantage. On those metrics it succeeded, but it requires a different sort of build and has little room for the fat that most people like to play so it's not all that popular. The version I've been playing has since morphed, because Dark Confidant has proven to work so well in it, the curve has had a lot of focus on minimizing it, which has removed almost all the big stuff and most people are playing the deck in order to play big stuff.

Dec 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    To The Slaughter is occasionally slightly worse than that, since if your Shardless opponent makes Deathrite into Liliana, for example, you can't take Lili out unless you have Delirium.
    'To the Slaughter' Oracle text: "Target player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker.
    Delirium — If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, instead that player sacrifices a creature and a planeswalker."

I can choose?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm_Really? View Post
    'To the Slaughter' Oracle text: "Target player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker.
    Delirium — If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, instead that player sacrifices a creature and a planeswalker."

I can choose?
    Nope it's not modal, your opponent can either sacrifice a creature or a planeswalker. If you have delirium they have to sacrifice a creature AND a planeswalker.

You rarely face down both at the same time. The only deck where it comes up much is Shardless, but in that matchup the game normally goes on long enough for Delirium to come online anyway.

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Hello all, long-time lurker / occasional poster back from the dead. I've had a chance to jam some games with various Junk Fit lists here at weeklies in Seattle and wanted to report on a card that has been great in testing. Kambal, Consul of Allocation has won me every game against Storm that he's come down. He's somewhat narrow, and he's been mixed in play against miracles (but then, each card that eats an StP makes your bigger guys more likely to hang around), but if anyone sees a lot of Storm I strongly recommend giving him a try. Alongside Gaddock Teeg he more or less shuts them out of the game.

Similarly, Kaya, Ghost Assassin has been surprisingly good against value fair decks and Miracles. She looks cute or win-more, but I've found the flexibility you get is huge. Having your opponent discard for you to draw is the safe / fair option, but I've also used her to close down opposing goyfs, blinked witness / rhino / thragtusk / primeval titan, and blinked an ulamog to keep it from attacking vs. eldrazi (allowing me to attack back for the win).

Both cards are likely garbage in the Sneak Fit lists that are popular right now, but for those playing Junk I thought I'd report on my results.

@gth842s: Kaya seems interesting, which walker did you cut to make room for her?

Also is Kambal in the main? My only complaint is that he isn't tutorable. How do you get him out when you need to?
    Seems like a house vs storm and can play the long game with miracles. Definitely better than teeg vs miracles who'd just eat an stp.

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgkins View Post
    @gth842s: Kaya seems interesting, which walker did you cut to make room for her?

Also is Kambal in the main? My only complaint is that he isn't tutorable. How do you get him out when you need to?
    Seems like a house vs storm and can play the long game with miracles. Definitely better than teeg vs miracles who'd just eat an stp.
    I actually put a Kaya in a flex spot that has waffled between an extra rhino, Meren, and a Garruk Relentless. As I ran the list that day, I was running 1x Rhino, 1x Kaya, 1x Garruk Relentless.

I should've specified: Kambal was in my sideboard for combo and miracles.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by gth842s View Post
    I should've specified: Kambal was in my sideboard for combo and miracles.
    Did you try Lost Legacy? It's good in the same (and more) MUs and actually solves problems rather than just slow them down, for the same 3 mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Just popping in to say hi, and miss you guys.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Just popping in to say hi, and miss you guys.
    What's keeping you so busy?
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Hello all, long-time lurker / occasional poster back from the dead. I've had a chance to jam some games with various Junk Fit lists here at weeklies in Seattle and wanted to report on a card that has been great in testing. Kambal, Consul of Allocation has won me every game against Storm that he's come down. He's somewhat narrow, and he's been mixed in play against miracles (but then, each card that eats an StP makes your bigger guys more likely to hang around), but if anyone sees a lot of Storm I strongly recommend giving him a try. Alongside Gaddock Teeg he more or less shuts them out of the game.
    Wouldn't Gaddock Teeg be just all round better against Storm? Both say 'Storm can't win this game', but Gaddock is tutorable off GSZ, Kambal is not. Gaddock off a GSZ is a Turn 3 play, same as Kambal most of the time. I'm always hesitant to put non-green creatures into Nic Fit anyway, since the deck revolves around GSZ so much. At least the Junk one does in my experience.

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Did you try Lost Legacy? It's good in the same (and more) MUs and actually solves problems rather than just slow them down, for the same 3 mana.
    Yup! I run one of each. I haven't had the opportunity to cast LL yet.

Kambal, for sure, is just a speed bump against miracles, although in my games against miracles every point of damage does matter. He's also a way to improve the 3-drop spot against a lot of miscellaneous matchups. He buys you time against something like Delver, speeds up your clock against infect, and must be killed by burn - they won't always have or be running a lot of searing blaze / blood. Kambal similarly demands an answer from storm - they can't win through him and teeg together (often, they can't win through either alone). I wouldn't bring in LL for any of those matchups but storm, but Kambal improves my 3 spot where I can take out something durdly like Nissa.

It's probably meta dependent, too. One of the two stores I play in weeklies at always has a few burn players in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by truthfulcake View Post
    Wouldn't Gaddock Teeg be just all round better against Storm? Both say 'Storm can't win this game', but Gaddock is tutorable off GSZ, Kambal is not. Gaddock off a GSZ is a Turn 3 play, same as Kambal most of the time. I'm always hesitant to put non-green creatures into Nic Fit anyway, since the deck revolves around GSZ so much. At least the Junk one does in my experience.
    I can see Kambal being potentially better there because he also drains them for 2 whenever they cantrip, which means they also have trouble digging for an answer to him so they can actually go off.

Not being green is a real downside though. If anyone ever gets Delirium / Traverse the Ulvenwald working, we're going to have to re-evaluate so many cards..

Yup! I run one of each. I haven't had the opportunity to cast LL yet.

Kambal, for sure, is just a speed bump against miracles, although in my games against miracles every point of damage does matter. He's also a way to improve the 3-drop spot against a lot of miscellaneous matchups. He buys you time against something like Delver, speeds up your clock against infect, and must be killed by burn - they won't always have or be running a lot of searing blaze / blood. Kambal similarly demands an answer from storm - they can't win through him and teeg together (often, they can't win through either alone). I wouldn't bring in LL for any of those matchups but storm, but Kambal improves my 3 spot where I can take out something durdly like Nissa.

It's probably meta dependent, too. One of the two stores I play in weeklies at always has a few burn players in the room.
    I didn't think about Kambal like that. I've got an event on the weekend I'm going to that's no proxies, so I'll throw in Kambal instead of one of the few proxies I've got left and report back. Solid points though.

I can see Kambal being potentially better there because he also drains them for 2 whenever they cantrip, which means they also have trouble digging for an answer to him so they can actually go off.

Not being green is a real downside though. If anyone ever gets Delirium / Traverse the Ulvenwald working, we're going to have to re-evaluate so many cards..
    I never thought of Traverse in Nic Fit, I always saw GSZ as better 90% of the time. It would be better than Eldritch Evolution in this deck though, and I already really like EE in this deck (When it doesn't get countered, then its a blowout)

Flashback and Delirium feel like a bit of a non-bo together though. You can get a sorcery, land and creature in the yard by Turn 2 (Vet, fetch, Cabal until it's flashed back), and can reasonably get any of the remaining types with an instant or popping a Deed. It'd be cool, but I'm just not sure the deck would be better off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by truthfulcake View Post
    Flashback and Delirium feel like a bit of a non-bo together though. You can get a sorcery, land and creature in the yard by Turn 2 (Vet, fetch, Cabal until it's flashed back), and can reasonably get any of the remaining types with an instant or popping a Deed. It'd be cool, but I'm just not sure the deck would be better off with it.
    The Delirium builds I've tried have run Baleful Strix, lots of fetchlands, and more 1-for-1 removal spells like Decay. Traverse does still get you a basic if you don't have delirium, which isn't great but it can be enough to get you going and casting your relevant cards. It makes you more vulnerable to Counterbalance and Chalice of the Void, but it does give you some silly Eternal Witness play lines.

2 more weeks into my League down. 5 weeks done so I'm at the length of a typical MTGO league. Seems like a good spot to give a longer report on it. Too much time has passed for me to give round by rounds though.

So far I've played against BW Pox, 2x Grixis Delver, Miracles, and what was listed as Dragon Stompy but is really closer to Goblin Control (similar list to what did well at Eternal Weekend).

My current standing is 4-1 in matches and 9-4 in games. Due to our point system (we're allowing proxies, but you get some bonus points for owning your deck in paper) this puts me in either first or second place. My one loss was to Grixis Delver. All in all I'm pretty happy with the performance so far.

Lots of little things have won me games. Dark Confidant is directly responsible for 3 wins, which is why after the league I think I'm going to drop Tracker #2 and put in Bob #3. Also, the Cavern of Souls plan has been phenomenal. I've been using it as Chalice hate and it has definitely delivered. While not every card I play is a Human, enough are that Chalice can't always lock me out, and it has random other names as well, like being able to play a giant Endless One against Delver through their Force of Will in hand (came up for me in round 5). Given the popularity of Chalice decks I think it's something others should look into. Humans probably have the most variety but I could see a BUG build making use of some Elves. In addition to Chalice it's also pretty nice to have Cavern as another way to deal with Counterbalance.

In the last 2 or 3 rounds Mentor hasn't come up and it's something I want more data on. I keep siding them out in games 2 and 3. It's a card that has a pretty wide range. When it's good it's great, but when it's bad it's really bad. That said, I have yet to lose a game where I got a Mentor online, but the same goes for Bob and Tracker.
    Last edited by Brael; 11-02-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    What's keeping you so busy?
    School and vintage Ferraris. I was actually going to come to the NL to pick up a car, but the deal fell through a few days ago. Brutal.

Dec 2013

Sounds like good times!

If anyone ever gets Delirium / Traverse the Ulvenwald working, we're going to have to re-evaluate so many cards..
    OMG yes. But let's hold off on that for now - I just got a set of foil GSZs.

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    School and vintage Ferraris. I was actually going to come to the NL to pick up a car, but the deal fell through a few days ago. Brutal.
    Ah, the rough life of a rockstar. If it's of any consolation - your tales entertain me to no end.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information