Page 426 of 428 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428 LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 8556

Thread: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by gth842s View Post
    So many little decisions in deckbuilding can affect this matchup, however, and it may just come down to how we like to build and play our respective Fits.
    Well, if the shoe Fits...
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Well, if the shoe Fits...
    You must acquit?

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    You must acquit?
    Must be cold in Canada if you're wearing shoes on your hands

Does make me wonder how you plan to tie your laces though.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Feb 2015
    Italy

Just a quick little post to remind everyone why we are so masochistic to play this deck.

That chat, FeelsGoodMan.Jpeg
    Greedy keep with a coulple anwers to some random reanimation target. After blowing his own hand he Unmasks to see that I have Path and Surgical (and if I topdeck better than him I can extract something else).
    Dude seemed salty from the start, even though he T1 me in G1. To the slaughter got his Iona in G2 FTW.
    Somehow I find that those who play this deck, which could be piloted even by a blind chimp, are sore losers unless they manage to make a T1 Griselbrand. Get Rhino'd

Dec 2013

Haters are gonna hate, hate, hate. Lol.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I had a win online against BR Reanimator last night. Pretty sure I won game 1 somehow with no Therapies and a very late DRS. I'll have to go back and watch because honestly I've no idea how I managed it.

Next game I discarded Macabre in response to his Exhume, in response he Entombed for...Sire of Insanity Guess he thought I had a Surgical in hand as well? Anyhow I happened to have a Top out. So I get my Macabre into play and quickly find two Veterans to honorably stand in the way of that demon. In the end I get to play whatever I find in my top three, including Tracker + land draw Top play Top block kill, next turn GSZ->Bellower->E Witness for Macabre which had taken a block earlier.

I also faced High Tide last night. Such a beautiful deck. So weak to Slaughter Games and discard->Surgical. And Carpets

I'm on a 2 Tracker 2 Nissa VF plan in my main and liking it so far. Going to try to get up to 100 matches in and then see how the weakest matchups trend. It's a long road to GP Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I also faced High Tide last night. Such a beautiful deck. So weak to Slaughter Games and discard->Surgical. And Carpets
    Just never, ever let them get a Veteran Explorer trigger...

Feb 2015
    Italy

I had a win online against BR Reanimator last night. Pretty sure I won game 1 somehow with no Therapies and a very late DRS. I'll have to go back and watch because honestly I've no idea how I managed it.

Next game I discarded Macabre in response to his Exhume, in response he Entombed for...Sire of Insanity Guess he thought I had a Surgical in hand as well? Anyhow I happened to have a Top out. So I get my Macabre into play and quickly find two Veterans to honorably stand in the way of that demon. In the end I get to play whatever I find in my top three, including Tracker + land draw Top play Top block kill, next turn GSZ->Bellower->E Witness for Macabre which had taken a block earlier.

I'm on a 2 Tracker 2 Nissa VF plan in my main and liking it so far. Going to try to get up to 100 matches in and then see how the weakest matchups trend. It's a long road to GP Vegas.
    Yup, 2 tracker 2 nissa in the main is pretty much core in my list. So much gas

Sep 2012
    Hartford CT

They both have some pros and cons.

My struggles with the deck have primarily revolved around early game. Think my record against BUG Delver prior to GP Louis was something like 1-5. Having both an extra Decay and 2 Bolts has vastly improved that. I'm also way more willing to fetch for basics early on (though I should have been doing that more earlier). Bolt gets in earlier against Daze and Thalia and can kill an opponent's turn 1 DRS or Mom. PFire is -only- better if you have both Grove out and time to make use of it. Grove seems very susceptible to Wasteland since we don't have any loam engine to recur it with or ensure it gets into play. Too often I saw one or the other and was annoyed.

Keep in mind that Jace will often Brainstorm as soon as he gets in play, and Bolt immediately takes care of him in that situation (although Bolt is weaker to Counterbalance). One of the first times I was playing with Bolts, I had a situation where I was able to respond like that, as well as play two other spells in that turn since Bolt is so cheap.

Bolt is weaker against Chalice decks, but I haven't been struggling against those. Against stuff like Elves...yeah PFire is probably going to be quite a bit better, but it is still nice to be able to bolt their turn 1 elf when you are on the draw. I feel like I should be ok against Elves, with 2 Bolts, 3 Decays, 3 Deeds, 2 Pyroclasms available in the 75 but it always seems like I'm struggling to get removal on-line against them.

As far as a grinding plan is concerned, the deck is already equipped to win a long game imo. GSZ into just about whatever, Nissa VF, play out a Titan, recur stuff with Stronghold, or just get a fast win with Sneak once you have stabilized at ~5 mana.
    Can you post your most recent list? I'd been playing Sneak for a while and haven't had a chance to play much, but bolts in the deck sound pretty nice to me. I don't have groves to play PFire and I think Bolt addresses our needs better anyway.

I would much rather play Kolaghan's Command in Sneak Fit before I played Lightning Bolt, if you want a burn spell that doesn't rely on Grove to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    I would much rather play Kolaghan's Command in Sneak Fit before I played Lightning Bolt, if you want a burn spell that doesn't rely on Grove to be good.
    This seems odd to me. I can't imagine any feasible Junk list running 0 Swords, 0 Path, relying solely on Decay + 3cmc removal like Pulse/Vindicate. Wouldn't that get some immediate "hey you need Stp or Path" feedback? Surely I can't be the only nic fit player that wants early and dependable interaction. K Command is definitely strong, but I don't think it can fill the early interaction hole.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIggins View Post
    Can you post your most recent list? I'd been playing Sneak for a while and haven't had a chance to play much, but bolts in the deck sound pretty nice to me. I don't have groves to play PFire and I think Bolt addresses our needs better anyway.
    Keep in mind this thing is still new, Bolts vs PFire is still debatable imo, and there are a few flex slots between Meren, Sidisi, Primeval Titan, a possible 2nd Empath, etc. Personally I'm hoping that PTime can leave the side and allow for other slots to shore up other difficult matchups. But I'll give that more time and testing. If I'm honest with myself, the 2nd Tracker is probably a bit excessive and just a reaction to him randomly performing very well for me during the GP weekend. But hey, he deserves some attention as a reward.

3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Mountain
    4 Wooded Foothills
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    2 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura Tribe-Elder
    1 E Witness
    1 Fierce Empath
    2 Tracker
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Inferno Titan
    1 Woodland Bellower
    1 Emrakul

4 GSZ
    3 Top
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Lightning Bolt
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Pernicious Deed
    4 Sneak Attack
    2 Nissa, Vital Force

side:
    1 Primeval Titan
    2 Slaughter Games
    2 Pyroclasm
    1 Rec Sage
    1 To The Slaughter
    3 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Faerie Macabre
    2 Thoughtseize

This seems odd to me. I can't imagine any feasible Junk list running 0 Swords, 0 Path, relying solely on Decay + 3cmc removal like Pulse/Vindicate. Wouldn't that get some immediate "hey you need Stp or Path" feedback? Surely I can't be the only nic fit player that wants early and dependable interaction. K Command is definitely strong, but I don't think it can fill the early interaction hole.
    I did it for ages with Scapeshift Nic Fit, and I'm still doing it in both Nyx and Sneak. It's a minor issue but usually, unless your opponent is specifically on Infect, it's more important that your removal actually get rid of things than that it costs 1, particularly in a world with Chalice of the Void and Counterbalance. If you're playing a damage-based removal spell, you're filling most of the actual removal needs of the deck with your other slots (or bypassing the problem by killing the player, in Sneak) and just want some extra answers to planeswalkers, utility creatures and early pressure.

Kolaghan's Command has the major advantage of still being relevant when your opponent's creatures (if they have any) are out of Bolt range. Naturally sometimes we get to finish people with a Bolt because they aren't expecting it, but most of the time if our opponent's life total is low enough to matter we already won the game several turns ago or we're alpha striking off Sneak, in which case they are dying immediately anyway. I'd rather have additional utility on my kill-your-Deathrite spell, like rebuying Sneak Attack targets and killing Batterskulls and Ensnaring Bridges.

I have been contemplating of building a Demigod list, I am pretty sure I saw one here some time ago, but am too lazy / stupid to dig it up
    I believe it would include the normal cast of characters Lily, Pfire and so forth.

Obviously DRS in opposing lists all but neuters the deck, but I was thinking Ground Seal in the board, as it stops DRS.
    My question is because Pfire do not say target, do they work with ground seal in play?

Thanks.

Edit Crap misread Meren
    Last edited by moseby; 01-12-2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moseby View Post
    I have been contemplating of building a Demigod list, I am pretty sure I saw one here some time ago, but am too lazy / stupid to dig it up
    I believe it would include the normal cast of characters Lily, Pfire and so forth.

Obviously DRS in opposing lists all but neuters the deck, but I was thinking Ground Seal in the board, as it stops DRS.
    My question is because Meren, and Pfire do not say target, do they work with ground seal in play?

Thanks.
    Meren targets. Punishing Fire does not.

If I was running Demigod of Revenge, I'd be tempted to play BUG with a heavy emphasis on the black side of things.

T1: Therapy
    T2: Veteran, flashback Therapy, pass
    EOT: Intuition, triple Demigod
    T3: Demigod, triggers, swing for 15

If you're going heavy on the monoblack mana symbols, you could potentially run Phyrexian Obliterator as another option. Nykthos might do some work here also, or Cabal Coffers?

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by moseby View Post

My question is because Pfire do not say target, do they work with ground seal in play?

Thanks.

Edit Crap misread Meren
    My main concern would be how common reanimator is right now. You're not just running into DRS in opposing lists, you're also running into surgical extractions, leylines, and / or rest in peace to combat the BR menace. It's a combo, to intuition for Demigod, but as far as combos go it's on the situational side for legacy, runs at sorcery speed (to hardcast the Demigod), doesn't immediately win the game, and is also vulnerable to Terminus.

FYI for anyone testing online - on modo if you animate a land with Nissa, Vital Force and your opponent has Tabernacle out, you still have to pay mana on your upkeep to keep your land alive...even though it stops being a creature on your turn

Played a local event tonight, 4 rounder using the list I posted recently (except I didn't get ahold of an Ash Barrens so 8x fetch). The meta has shifted pretty sharply here, it used to be mostly fair but tonight my matchups were Sneak and Show, Manaless Dredge, TES, and BR Reanimator. I went 3-1 losing to Manaless Dredge because I skimped too much on the GY hate.

Here's what I learned:
    BG has some great combo matchups. My old Junk builds could have gone 0-4 against this type of field, but I was able to manage a 3-1. The extra speed and consistency of cutting a color helps a bunch.

The weaker removal was never an issue, in fact it worked out just the way I planned because I was able to Diabolic Edict an Emrakul, something Junk could never do.

From random test games I've been playing the past couple weeks, it feels like I maintained being favorable in the midrange matchups, I gained some points against Miracles, and I gained a bunch against combo.

The SB needs some work (as is expected). Adding a single Bojuka Bog would go a long way towards fixing Dredge.

DD/Stage is great. I really like that it hits from another angle. You have CA and board presence on one side, a game ending combo on the other, and in the middle is a bunch of discard tying everything together. I never actually hit anyone with Marit Lage, but none the less it won me the Sneak and Show match. Not enough feedback yet, but I believe the DD combo is viable in the build.

Lost Legacy is real. I drew it a bunch and it's the true reason I went 3-1 against combo. This card is so much better than Slaughter Games because you can easily cast it on T2.

Nissa is great, I can't recommend her highly enough as the 5 drop of choice. Besides hitting the opponent really hard, she seriously screws up combat math and takes an extra turn off the clock beyond whatever the opponent was planning in racing situations.

Maze of Ith did work. It shut down Griselbrand on offense and defense, it beat Show and Tell where Karakas wouldn't (Omniscience
    was on the board), and it was just overall really solid.

Chameleon Colossus hitting for lethal past a Griselbrand is amazing.

Crop Rotation was tough, I had it eat a couple FoW's but that was ultimately ok because it was still trading 2:2, and the threat level is just so high (especially with the DD combo in) that it absolutely must be answered.

Garruk Wildspeaker underperformed, but I can't figure out a better 4 drop. I like the Surrak idea I've talked about in the past but I don't have enough enablers to get to 8 power. I'm going to keep hunting for something.

Overall this is my second real outing with this build and I couldn't be happier.

Edit: Worth saying again. I know there has been a lot of debate over Lost Legacy. After seeing it tonight as a 2 of, I don't see anything left to debate. Try it yourself, this card is extremely good. They're 50 cents each, get your 4 and you won't be sorry. It's the best tool we've gotten to deal with combo decks in the last several years.

The more I think about it, the more I think Caleb Durwards original GB list was onto something, Lost Legacy so overperformed that I was wanting it in G1's.
    Last edited by Brael; 01-13-2017 at 12:04 AM.

Dec 2013

I'm glad people are starting to appreciate Lost Legacy. It's pretty damn nice to go 3 mana: "Meh, I'm not going to worry about that card anymore". I currently run 3 in my SB and have no intention to trim that number. Lost Legacy, GSZ -> Witness, Lost Legacy again destroys decks.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I'm glad people are starting to appreciate Lost Legacy. It's pretty damn nice to go 3 mana: "Meh, I'm not going to worry about that card anymore". I currently run 3 in my SB and have no intention to trim that number. Lost Legacy, GSZ -> Witness, Lost Legacy again destroys decks.
    Is it agreed to be better than Slaughter Games if you are running jund colors? I need to grab a couple to test out. Keep hearing good stuff from reports. I love me some E Wit/Games recursion.

Feb 2015
    Italy

[Primer/Deck] Nic Fit

The difference between 3 and 4 is a lot. Against storm the card is hilarious. Against miracles I don't mind if we 141 our resources and they counter it. Means they are more likely to get wrecked by 🦏. Otherwise some jaces are going to be extracted.

On a side note. I hate to play against jace so much that I have started to play 2 TTS in the side, in Junk. I don't know if it's correct but the card is so good against jace, and its pseudo cb proof.
    It has some decent splash damage against show and tell decks and reanimator decks. With 2 edicts to take care of Jace and 2 nissa and 2 big sorins, I feel like I want to free the slot covered by maelstrom pulse (or vindicate, they are in the same slot for me). The card was basically there in order to kill random walkers (jace more often than others).
    Pulse gets random 4> cmc artifacts or enchantments from fringe decks, but against the decks you face in the league, decay covers everything non creature already.

Thread Information